Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Profuse sweating

I have been sweating a lot lately and I don't know why. I tend to sweat the most when I am asleep or even when I am doing light work. That has never happened to me before. Is it a symptom of the PCOS or is it because of my weight that I tend to sweat more?

Registered User newnellybelly79's Avatar
    Thanks

I sweat a lot too, but I notice it more when I am stressed. If I am worrying about something, I tend to sweat, then worry about sweating and sweat even more! My Dr. told me it is because of the extra weight. But, I don't think it is just that. I think there is something else in my body going on. I have often thought it was because of PCOS and my body being out of control. I don't know for sure though. Sorry I can't be more help, but don't feel alone!
    Diagnosed 2001. Not TTC

Married to DH 10/9/99
    Angel (8 weeks) 12/14/99
    DD 10/30/01
    DS 6/13/03

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

oh gosh i thought i was the only one, I sweat from ma forehead, nose and mustache area.. its so embarrassing specially when with a crowd of people. I have noticed i sweat even more when i think 'omg why am i sweating' I have often ended up leaving a party out of embarrassment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chubbz For This Useful Post:

KMA85 (08-01-2012)

Thanks

I do this too. Since I was 11, I've had hyperhydrosis, where I constantly sweat from my armpits. I'm on an extra strong antiperspirant for that, which works wonders - before I discovered it, I literally could not wear ANYTHING with sleeves for more than 30 seconds without there being wet patches under my arms. Now that I've got that under control (thank goodness), I still do sweat quite a bit at night sometimes. Maybe worth mentioning to your doctor?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chubbz View Post
    I have noticed i sweat even more when i think 'omg why am i sweating'...
    Same here.

I NEVER had problems with sweating until after I was Rx'd Spiro and BCP's for the PCOS. I mean NEVER.

Since then, it's been a problem. When I came off the meds many years ago, a doctor said it could take many months for them to completely be out of my system, but the sweating is still a problem.

I finally got a new Rx that I take if I 'think' I may 'think' about sweating. Works like a charm. (robunil, or something like that. If anyone is interested, I'll check the bottle for the correct spelling)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatCarney View Post
    Same here.

I NEVER had problems with sweating until after I was Rx'd Spiro and BCP's for the PCOS. I mean NEVER.

Since then, it's been a problem. When I came off the meds many years ago, a doctor said it could take many months for them to completely be out of my system, but the sweating is still a problem.

I finally got a new Rx that I take if I 'think' I may 'think' about sweating. Works like a charm. (robunil, or something like that. If anyone is interested, I'll check the bottle for the correct spelling)

It's PCOS. I have it too. I hate it.

How is the rubinol? I'm scared to take it, but I may have to. I heard it can cause memory loss and some other symptoms that I'm not crazy about. I actually sweat less on antiandrogens....but everyone's different.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melinda71 View Post
    How is the rubinol? I'm scared to take it, but I may have to. I heard it can cause memory loss and some other symptoms that I'm not crazy about.
    I haven't had any side effects... Or if I have memory loss, maybe I just don't remember it?? lol!

Seriously..

So far, so good. I don't take it that often, maybe once or twice a week - if that. I have to take 3 pills at a time, or else it doesn't work. But 3 pills keeps me nice and dry even in the most stressful situations. (hah, that sounds like an anti-perspirant commercial)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also tried getting botox in my scalp (it's proven to help hyperhydrosis). It worked 'a little', but it was expensive, and it didn't compare to the results of the pills.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatCarney View Post
    I haven't had any side effects... Or if I have memory loss, maybe I just don't remember it?? lol!

Seriously..

So far, so good. I don't take it that often, maybe once or twice a week - if that. I have to take 3 pills at a time, or else it doesn't work. But 3 pills keeps me nice and dry even in the most stressful situations. (hah, that sounds like an anti-perspirant commercial)

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also tried getting botox in my scalp (it's proven to help hyperhydrosis). It worked 'a little', but it was expensive, and it didn't compare to the results of the pills.

Lol'ing at that maybe you don't remember your memory loss!! You probably don't have it because you don't take it daily, besides, not everyone gets every side effect.

Omg, botox in the scalp sounds like it would kill. I almost got it in my feet, but then chickened out. I'm still not sure about botox and it would be a lot of botox - 80 units which isn't tested -- 80 is a lot. Most people get much less, even for underarms and hands.

I'm going to look into the rubinol again.

Transcending the Self.... soulcyster.indeed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I sweat in my underarms even in the coldest of winters and this is how I am since childhood. In ayurveda, they call it 'pitta imbalance'. Pitta imbalance is also associated with anger, irritability, acidity, high ambitions, hairloss, etc. I somehow identify with many of the symptoms of pitta imbalance. Do google 'pitta imbalance ayurveda' and chk out ur symptoms. I haven been able to do much abt it - avoiding spicy, oily hot n junk food helps quite a bit

Thanks

Those symptoms also sound like a hormonal imbalance (anger, irritability, hairloss etc.)

Thanks

Smile

That's what I was thinking. I'm sweating a lot today and a bit on edge emotionally, and my first thought was, "Hmm, what hormone is high or low today?". My scalp sweats too - ugh, I hate that. It's good to know there is medication for that. Botox? Not unless it's for my wrinkles!

Thanks

I've recently started getting night sweats and I have no idea what it is from. It is kind of freaking me out.

Anyone else get these during AF?

Registered User margaritasunkist's Avatar
    Thanks

I have hyperhidrosis too! I've always sweat profusely from my underarms since middle school. It's gotten worse since I have started taking Spiro. It somehow spread to my feet too. I have never had a foot odor problem until Spiro, and I recently learned it's because of the sweat/moisture from my feet. I began using Hypercare (Drysol generic) a couple years ago for my underarms, but now I have to apply it to my feet. LAME!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have had sweating problems since a few years after puberty probably around age 14 on up and I'm 26 now. I sweat profusely just driving, or sitting at my desk and its not just my underarms its my back, legs, thighs, and neck and even more embarassing since its summer my forehead and face perspire a lote, and more then the guys. I am so embarassed by this and haven't been told by any docs what to do to relieve this, however now knowing about my PCOS and being 70-80lbs over weight that has played a role but mainly the PCOS cause when I was average h/w proportionate I still sweated profusely! I feel like people stare at me because of it and its worse then the guys I work around, and they are in some hot areas of the plant. I even sweat in winter.. I hate wearing t-shirts or even sleeveless fear of having sweat marks, and in the past I have had beautiful shirts ruined by pit stains even with deoderant and antiperspirant. Please someone help me....

Thanks

Yuck! I always sweat all the time and I hate it. It's gotten worse since I've been on my antidepressant and Metformin. I walk to the other side of the house and my back starts getting damp just from that. I definitely think stress affects it the most, not just the movement.