Thanks

Default Needing hope for alternative remedies for cysts

Hi everyone..
    Last edited by linn116; 01-10-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Thanks

In January I had bad pain from cysts all month long and sex was causing me so much pain that I had to stop a few times. I found out the cause of it at the beginning of February and starting reading about diet changes that make your body less likely to encourage cyst growth. I stopped eating gluten, dairy products, coffee, and most sugar ( I still have a bit of honey in my tea ), and started taking a bunch of supplements ( vitex, dong quai, saw palmetto, DIM and milk thistle ). My pelvic pain started to go down within a few days and the only time sex has hurt in the last little while was when I decided to eat a bunch of bread for a few days to see if gluten really was an issue for me. It hasn't changed the rate of growth of my facial hair but I did ovulate again last month (unusual for me) and my breasts are way less lumpy and sore so I know that my hormones are starting to balance out in the proper direction. The diet changes were hard at first but I was in so much pain I was willing to try anything. It's been almost 2 months now and I don't miss any of those old foods that I don't eat anymore and I am so happy to not have constant pelvic pain.

Thanks

I've had some very mild pain here and there, but the only time it got bad again was after eating bread for a few days. At first I thought eating bread was ok because I wasn't having any digestive issues, but then after eating bread for a couple of days the pain got really bad for a day so I stopped eating gluten again. That was a few weeks ago and I've only had mild pelvic pain a few times since. I guess gluten intolerance can be tricky like that because it doesn't show up right away like other food allergies. It can take a few days for your body to react. I'll definitely be staying off the gluten from now on. Constant pelvic pain sucks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leahbear For This Useful Post:

linn116 (04-08-2012)

Mod of Diet and Exercise! Maddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I got rid of my cysts after 25 years with a year of hyponidd by Charak. However, after all those years of untreated hormonal imbalance i now have fibroids so that is something i am having to look at medical treatment for. In a recent ultrasound though my ovaries were normal sized and cyst free for the first time ever.
    I finally have healthy ovaries free of cysts!
    Starting a personal walking challenge for charity - 300 miles in 35 days! August - September Hidden Content

have one son, two beautiful grandsons