Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default curious?? hair issues...

so i had surgery about 2 years ago and have known about my pcos for 6 years.. now does anyone have issues with hair lose or hair not growing? i have taken biotin for 2 years and it doesnt seem to show any responses and ive tried every type of hair skin and nails pills all the way from walmart to gnc and still no luck with those, some even gave me migranes... so i was curious what do some of you guys do for hair issues?
    Hidden Content

Samantha(me) ~ Richard(DH)
    Lillian Rayne born 2/15/13 Hidden Content my world

Hidden Content

Thanks

How is your protien intake? I notice that if I'm not on top of my protein intake that my hair starts to shed more and more. Taking Biotin and hair/skin/nails formulas won't do too much if protein intake is down. Maybe try increasing your protein?
    Kristy (35) & Adam (38) & DDs Alice Kay & Amanda Kay
    Founding WLS DIVA - RNY 8/3/04
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

There's a thread on here where some ladies have said they've had some success with the hair re-growth (on head!) by getting their vitamin D level checked; many found they were vitamin D deficient, and so by taking a supplement and spending more time in the sun (safely) they saw some improvement in the hair-loss. Maybe this could help?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

well i do know i have a problem with keeping my protein up, but ive tried every type of protein shake thats low sugar and lactose free cuz i have an issue with lactose things.. i throw up every time i drink milk or have a shake with milk product in it... but im trying everything else i can to keep it up last time i had blood work they said it was a little low but other than that fine. and i take a vitamin d3 supplement everyday. and am outside ALOT.. i may have to revisit the protein shakes again...
    Hidden Content

Samantha(me) ~ Richard(DH)
    Lillian Rayne born 2/15/13 Hidden Content my world

Hidden Content

Thanks

I too am worried about my hair regrowth. I am in the process of having the WLS and about 2 years ago i lost like 70 lbs and it made my hair super thin. I have regained about 40 lbs and worried when I have the surgery it will only make it worse ;((