Thanks

Default Blighted ovum and betas....stories please

Can those that have had a blighted ovum in the past please share your betas and symptoms...
    Im a nervous wreck...My betas were low and slow rising as you can see in my siggy. My RE thought it was ectopic, but we had an US at 5 weeks that did show a sac in the right spot but it was empty. I know that it is still early to see anything but with my betas I am a nervous wreck. My RE is very negative and said I would come in for weekly scans but no more blood work. I feel like he is just waiting for something to be wrong..I am cautiously optimistic and would really appreciate stories and experience. My next scan is on Tuesday.
    me 28 Hidden Content DH 30 TTC 2 year. DH sperm normal.
    Diagnosed with PCOS 12/2010 HSG- clear.
    Multiple rounds of clomid and follistim injections with IUI--nada...on to IVF June 2012
    3/16/2012 surprise BFP!!! on Metformin 1500, Beta 1-52, prog 15.7 put on supplements, beta2-67??, beta3-165, beta4-370, US @5weeks showed one sac...
    Hidden Content

Thanks

also I have had slight spotting twice. Once the day after my ultrasound...it was very light pink and yesterday morning there was 2 small spots of red when I wiped, I don't think I would have even noticed it if I were not obsessing and looking every time I go.
    Multiple rounds of clomid and follistim injections with IUI--nada...on to IVF June 2012
    3/16/2012 surprise BFP!!! on Metformin 1500, Beta 1-52, prog 15.7 put on supplements, beta2-67??, beta3-165, beta4-370, US @5weeks showed one sac...
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I had 2 blighted ovums last year and with the first, my betas never actually doubled. They were very close at each blood draw...110, 180, 320...I followed them until 1300 which was just before 6 weeks. On ultrasound around 5 weeks, there was an empty gestational sac that was the correct size, I was scheduled to go in for a 6 week ultrasound but I miscarried the day before. My second BO started off with really low numbers 9, 18, 36, 74...I followed it until around 1500 and it was excruciating going every other day and waiting for the results. They saw a very, very small gestational sac, not consistent size for dates and nothing more.

Based on your numbers, I really don't think there is anything to worry about yet. Even though that second beta was off, the other betas seem totally normal. You could have had a vanishing twin, which is way more common than people think, or maybe it was just a little slow to start. I have seen tons of women on here with signatures with a second beta that is off but now they are in their 27th week. At 5 weeks, the only thing that should be seen on u/s is a gestational sac. Even seeing a yolk sac is hit or miss. By 6 weeks, there should be a yolk sac visible. And by 7 weeks, a heartbeat. But before 7 weeks, there is sooooo much variability between women that I wouldn't count yourself out. Just because your doctor is being cautious doesn't mean you have be terrified this whole time. To me, it seems like you have a totally healthy pregnancy and if you can, try to tell yourself everyday "I am pregnant today" and not go down the worry route.

Best of luck to you and sticky sticky baby dust!!

Thanks

Thank you so much for your encouragment we saw our little shrimp today. Amazing!!! Heartbeat was 115.. I guess that's good. I'm measuring 6w2d. RE said everything looked perfect and now that there is a heartbeat there is a 80-85% chance it will be viable!! Made me feel so great. We go back in 2 weeks for another scan.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Gr8t news, keep us updated

Thanks

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Thanks

That is such good news!! So happy for you!! Enjoy every minute and keep us posted!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I hope everything continued to progress! I had a similar situation with my last pregnancy but it ended in MC. Hope you are doing well!
    Elizabeth
    Find miscarriage support! - All That is Seen and Unseen; A Journey Through a First Trimester Miscarriage - Hidden Content
    3.5 years to TTC#1 - born 09/03
    DS #2 Born 6/6/13 14DPO-BETA 245, P4-9.9, 16dpo BETA-656 P4-16.9