Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default anyone still using Yaz?

So I've been on Yaz for about 5 years now, since my very first PCOS diagnosis. I was also on Met for 3 years...then went off, now back on b/c of lots of issues. I've always been on Yaz. It truly helps my acne and I'm regulated w/ my periods.

With all the recent lawsuits and newsblips on Yaz/Yasmin --- is anyone still on it? If not --- and if you were taken off it by your doctor --- what else are you finding success with?

Waaaaay long ago I was on a tri-cyclic --- and it messed with my migraines something awful. That's another success of Yaz - the same stuff each day (unlike Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo) I think helped me not have period migraines.

Thanks in advance for your experiences!
    Adrienne
    Last edited by nebulosity; 04-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I took BeYaz and will deff take that again when the time comes to do so. Its very close to the same so I have heard but I loved it, I never felt so good. It never made me feel weird like other bcp did and I lost weight without even trying on it too...
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

3DS + 1DD = 1 CRAZY momma sugarbug's Avatar
    Thanks

If I hadn't had my tubes tied, I'd be on it again, best bcp I've ever taken!
    DS#1 my Hidden Content 1998 (14)
    DS#2 my miracle 2004 (8)
    DS#3 my blessing adopted in 2006 (7)
    DD!!! my surprise & my last 2012

Thanks

I got pregnant with dc#4 while on Yaz. Although I love Henry dearly I cannot recommend Yaz.

3DS + 1DD = 1 CRAZY momma sugarbug's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there is that! I too got pregnant on yaz

Thank God for this baby! snfr02chic's Avatar
    Thanks

Make that 3 of us!!! I got pregnant on yaz 10 weeks after delivering my son!!! You wanna talk about crazy!! I will NOT be taking that again after this baby comes!!
    Me 30
    Survivor of domestic abuse for 11 years....I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
    And I WILL raise my boys to repsect their women, starting with me!!!
    DXD August 5th, 2005

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Interesting on getting pregnant while taking it. That's not really a concern for me at the moment (not married = condoms + bcp).

I plan to ask my GYN about Yaz, last year she wasn't concerned for me to stay on it at all. It really did and does help some of my PCOS issues...argh!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

ask about BeYaz and see if your gyn thinks theres a difference in the yaz and BeYaz...
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Audi10 View Post
    ask about BeYaz and see if your gyn thinks theres a difference in the yaz and BeYaz...
    BeYaz is just Yaz with folate added in. It still has the controversial ingredient of
    drospirenone.
    The more I read about it, the more I don't want to be on it --- even though I've not had any of the issues and have been on it almost 5 years. I have severe migraines though (or used to) which gives me more caution now.

Ugh.
    Adrienne

Mommy to an Angel Baby... msdiva1922's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still on it. I, like you, took it for many, many years, and though I've heard all the bad stuff, I just think that if I was gonna have an adverse reaction to it, it would have happened by now. I'm only taking it now to "reset" my ovaries (I'm TTC), but meds don't usually just randomly start affecting you in negative ways unless something major has changed (you began smoking, fall into an "unsafe" age bracket to take the med safely while smoking...etc.)
    Last edited by msdiva1922; 04-03-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Crystal (30) Boo (46), Diagnosed with PCOS, 2005, August 2011 began Met
    BFP 10/17/2011!! M/C 10/29-31 at 5wks 3days...Hidden Content , HSG 7/2012--ALL CLEAR!
    1st Cycle (7/12) 100 mg. Clomid 5-9--No response, 2nd Cycle (8/12) 100 mg Clomid 4-8+Follistim+Ovidrel=Please God! *praying*
    Hidden Content
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks for your insight msdiva That's the sort of question I have for my doctor --- if nothing has happened yet --- will it suddenly happen? My risk factors are migraines (which actually go away with Yaz) and being 50 lbs overweight. I'm starting to shed the weight and shape up physically, and I'm super careful when I fly about blood clots in my legs b/c I am overweight and my ankles do swell. I don't smoke and am not around smoke. I also don't drink, maybe 1 froo-froo martini twice a year. My cholesterol is pretty good and my good cholesterol is excellent.

We'll see --- it's hard to read that "64% higher risk" for blood clots for Yaz/Yasmin/BeYaz and all the generics. It's for anything with that disper. ingredient.

Mommy to an Angel Baby... msdiva1922's Avatar
    Thanks

Anytime, nebulosity! Please share what your doctor says. Because when I mentioned another pill to my RE, he INSISTED on Yaz, and claimed that that's what "works" for women with PCOS.
    Crystal (30) Boo (46), Diagnosed with PCOS, 2005, August 2011 began Met
    BFP 10/17/2011!! M/C 10/29-31 at 5wks 3days...Hidden Content , HSG 7/2012--ALL CLEAR!
    1st Cycle (7/12) 100 mg. Clomid 5-9--No response, 2nd Cycle (8/12) 100 mg Clomid 4-8+Follistim+Ovidrel=Please God! *praying*
    Hidden Content
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

My appt isn't for at least another month. She's super popular and delivers babies --- which is why my appt. got moved from last week to her next available. I'm not TTC, just trying to deal with this PCOS crap. And yes, I've read elsewhere Yaz is the one for PCOS...I'm not sure why, but that ingredient that makes it riskier apparently helps us better if we've got hormone problems.

But I'll note - I went off Met and the Yaz did NOTHING for me. So, who knows.

Adrienne

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I took Yaz for awhile and then my doc switched me to Safyral (which I believe is just a different strength of the same drug with folate thrown in there too). I loved the Safyral. And with both she mentioned all the ads you see on tv and such; but said that since I don't have a strong history of those risk factors myself or in my family that it wasn't something to be overly concerned with.

Oh- and I did have to add the Met with both. For some reason they didn't work as well for me without it.
    Me (27) Hidden Content DH (41)
    Diagnosed April 2010
    TTC#1
    Meds: Metformin ER 1000mg, Prenatal Vitamins, Zoloft 50mg
    Clomid: 8 cycles (7bfn, 1 chemical)
    Femara 2.5mg CD 3-7:

Thanks

I took it for over a year a few years back, but stopped taking it (lost my insurance and it was just too costly) I just when back to the doctor 3 days ago (got my insurance back) because I was starting to have problems again, and the doctor I saw didn't even hesitate to put me back on it (well, the generic version, gianvi) I never once had a problem being on Yaz, and I felt fantastic. I had no spotting, my periods were so much better, skin cleared up, less PMS it seemed as well. I haven't started it back up yet due to my period being a week away and I have a gyno appt in two weeks and I don't want to mess up anything and have it inhibit them finding something else wrong. I do plan to start taking it again unless my new gyno says no. I do plan to ask him about it when I go.