Thanks

Default How do i get prescribed meta?

Hi ladies,

How did you get prescribed Metformin?

I have been diagnosed recently and would like to start metformin but would like to know how to talk to my doctor abou it...you know how long winded they can be!

I have irregular periods, weight around middle, hair on face not too extreme but there, mood swings etc.

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

the first time the dr asked me i I wanted to try it. The 2nd time was when my DD was 6 wks old and I wanted/needed to increase my milk. i asked for a RX and he said ok. Not an issue since met helps with milk production.

Just ask your dr if he feels it will be right for you. Met doesnt help all women. it didnt me. I didnt even get A regular on it even though most women with PCOS do. Its worth a shot though to ask your dr.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I would just ask, I am TTC and asked if I could get a prescription and my doctor agreed. What do you want the Meformin to help you with? If you are not TTC than the birth control pill can help with some of those symptoms as well.

Hidden Content
    Me (28) + DH (32) + DD (infant) +
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I want the metformin to help with my obvious symptoms from insulin resistance plus i am also TTC and have been for the past 2 years .. my husband and i have been referred to fertlity clinic but are on a waiting list so while im waiting i thought i would also try metformin to help with that also..my symptoms that are clearly from insulin resistance are really getting me depressed and i want them sorted also ..my symptoms are as :.. im constantly tired.. crave sugar... Nausea .. Weight around middle which i hate!! And having rapidly put weight on in the past 2 years... i used to be a size 10 and now im a size 14... so i am hoping for metformin to work.. i will definatly be asking my doctor for it!

Thanks

Well I'm assuming your GP or your OBGYN diagnosed you, I would call whoever diagnosed you or their nurse they can relay the info to the DR and have the prescription faxed/emailed to your pharmacy.