Transcending the Self.... soulcyster.indeed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default AM I the only one who feels like this?

I don wanna go for hormone pills. I have tried them long back when my problem was confined to prolonged periods and hirsutism. For me, they only hide symptoms and the problems back get within a month of giving up medecines. And most ayurvedics n homeopaths in my place think polycystic ovary is same as PCOS. They ask for USG report only. My hormone levels hardly matter to them. Apart from PCO and irregular periods, they count only my hirsutism as a sign of PCOS. I hav got host of other symptoms... constipation, hairloss, dandruff, back acne, terrible mood swings...

I feel so lonely. I don't know where to start
    My blood sugar in fasting remains 60 or 70. Post pranadial 90. I dun even kno if I can take medicines that help in diabetes and PCOS like hypponid, etc on my own. But most importantly I am unable to trust the doctors.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

To answer your first question: No, you are not the only one who feels that way, rest assured!

PCOS can be a complicated syndrome for some doctors to wrap their minds around, and it leaves many cysters feeling very alone (on top of feeling poorly due to the symptoms)

What type of lifestyle habits are in place for you? Both thin and heavier cysters frequently benefit from regular physical activity (it has a fantastic, positive effect on hormones), and VERY regular sleep (this often goes overlooked).

I'm probably more diligent about my sleep than anything else, and it started after my pcos diagnosis. My sleep and wake times are the same, no television in the bedroom, and it's VERY dark.

In the meantime, (while I know this will be a pain), maybe set aside a couple of weeks to interview new doctors, so you can find one that you have 'some' trust with.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah I read sumwhere that sleeping in complete darkness is very important since some chemical changes take place only when we sleep in complete darkness. The time I go to bed and when I wake up fluctuates by 1 hr max. Should I be more regular?

I know the importance of exercise for PCOS but I hav been ignoring it since yr or two. I am planning to start in a few days

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulcyster.indeed View Post
    Yeah I read sumwhere that sleeping in complete darkness is very important since some chemical changes take place only when we sleep in complete darkness.
    Yes, I read the same, and I have to say, for me, it makes a difference. I cover ALL sources of light (even put a towel over my alarm clock). My room is virtually pitch black even in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcyster.indeed View Post
    The time I go to bed and when I wake up fluctuates by 1 hr max. Should I be more regular?
    It might not hurt to try being 'super' regular for awhile, and see if it makes a difference. After awhile, I noticed, that I naturally got tired and work up at the same time, after 'making' myself stick to regular times for several months.

Time to workout!!

Thanks

I've never thought of the pitch darkness, and I definitely don't sleep regular enough =/ I definitely can understand the distrust of doctors. I've been there. Apparently I started to show signs when I was about 11 of hirituism, and no one looked into it for me. I always was irregular, and my family was never the kind to really talk about that kind of stuff, so it took me going to the health dept at 17 by myself to get on any form of medicine for irregularity. I went on BCP for awhile, but they only made the acne and moodiness worse and i felt just plain awful. I took myself off of them, but didnt get visited by AF for many months, so I went to a DR I had been told specialized in hormonal balancing. She treated me awful. Made me feel as though my husband(fiance at the time) was cheating on me and gave me an STD because I showed chandelier signs. She called for an US, but no BT. I went to the US and all that and waited for a call about my results. it took 2 WEEKS to get ahold of her, and all she said was I had numerous cysts on my ovaries. Didnt say i needed to come back, what i needed to do or anything. It was awful. My grandmother said that caffeine can cause cysts, and they should go away if you stop ingesting it. so i went with that and cut out almost all pops and caffeine for awhile, and started to feel better. I then went back to the HD right before I got married to go on BCP, and they yet again didnt catch anything in their exams. I didn't stay on them long, for they made me feel worse again. Finally one weekend this past october, i was bleeding for about a month straight, and started feeling increasingly painful cramps over a week, to the point i was crying out in pain and could hardly move, making my MIL think I was miscarrying. I took HPT and they were all BFNs. I almost went to the hospital, but made long enough to go to an OBGYN. He ended up diagnosing me, saying it was pretty obvious before he even ran the blood tests and US. They confirmed it, and I've been battling right there with you. I just hate how all those experiences with several doctors, and me showing signs, that I couldve been diagnosed about 9 years ago and repeatedly since, and nothing was done, making my symptoms way more severe and painful. Also by going untreated for so long, it seems i've decreased my fertility so sorry for the long reply, (felt good to rant a bit) but not ALL DRs are ignorant. All it takes is the one good DR who wants to help, and will do all they can to help make you better

Thanks

I know exactly how you feel i'm tired of my body being on all kinds of different hormones so far nothing has actually made any of my symptoms better. I have diabetes, acne , skin tags, facial hair, loss of hair and am un able to lose weight. I've only been on birth control pills metformin and provera. I feel weak tired and all around depressed and im hoping my new gyn can help me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Why don't you try Hyponidd+M2 Tone? I am nt sure if I can try or not coz I am lean and non-IR. It has proved beneficial in balancing hormones in most overweight cysters who are IR. You can chk some success stories here in the forum....

Thanks

I'm with you but for an entirely different reason...if I ever get diagnosed (fighting this!) I'm unable to take pills. I'm a big baby and can't swallow them...so while I want help, I'm nervous, too.

Thanks

I'm so tired all the time and can fall asleep IMMEDIATELY during the day but no matter how tired I am, when it comes to going to sleep at night I have a lot of trouble. I didn't think there was anything that could help, but my dad bought me some Melatonin and it works wonders.. I'm not sure if I can continue taking it now that I've been diagnosed though. but for all of you having trouble with sleep, if we're allowed to take it Melatonin does work!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGal2012 View Post
    I'm with you but for an entirely different reason...if I ever get diagnosed (fighting this!) I'm unable to take pills. I'm a big baby and can't swallow them...so while I want help, I'm nervous, too.

I was the same I couldn't even take a very small pill, but I found crushing it between to spoons and then taking it that way helped, also cutting it into
    tiny bits helped sometimes and now I can take any size pill