Thanks

Default Two periods because of uterus linning not being shed? TMI(kinda)

Ok So my cycles are irregular and I sometimes take Provera to start them. I did not get a cycle at all in February. I started my period on March 16,2012 and bled for 5 days. Weeks went on and I started bleeding again on April first, medium flow but clots. The clots sometimes fall out while I am peeing. Any who I went to the Doctor. And she seems to think this bleeding is another period. Because I may have no shed all of the uterus linning. But I'm just scared out my mind this doesn't happen to me often. Has anyone expericed this? and what are your thoughts on it. So are the clots uterus linning?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

Yes, clots tend to be uterine lining that falls away in pieces rather than small layers. So you got your period in January, skipped February, got one in mid-March and then again in early April?
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Yea. pretty much

Thanks

My periods have been all over the place for about the last year, despite being on a BCP which had kept them regular and pretty light for the last 7 years or so. I had a really heavy period at the beginning of January, then nothing at all until late March, when I bled lightly for about 5 days, then had 5 days off and now another period seems to have started. I'm also getting some clots coming out this time, which I don't normally. To be honest, nothing my periods do could surprise me - they were always really crazy and random before I started taking the BCP. I'm waiting for treatment for fibroids (which I've had for years but that have just started causing me problems in the last 6 months) so I'm putting all the recent craziness down to that and just letting my reproductive system get on with it. I can't wait to get something done about it though!

Thanks

My dr said my clotty periods were a combination of too much estrogen, and not shedding enough endometerial lining. I was also all over the place in terms of cycling.
    Me (33) DH (33)
    DD (6) Unplanned, wasnt trying but not preventing, took 3 years
    DD (2) Very planned, took 4 years, 3 mc inbetween
    3 Angel babies
    Progesterone shots and suppositories and shots with DD2
    The above highlighted b/c I cant stress how important it is for us cysters to have this checked AS SOON AS BFP OR SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My tricks: cough syrup, baby aspirin, Instead cup, big O after him, metformin, temping, mastered checking my cervix...