Registered User withloveandagun's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need Support - AF went missing again

My RE managed to start AF with medication back in November. For the first time in my life, AF came like clock work. Until now. AF was supposed to be here around March 23-25. It's April 5th and nothing. I had one brief moment of spotting back around that time, but nothing came of it. It happened for literally a minute. I'm so bummed. Not that it felt good to have it, but it felt like I was on the right track TTC.

I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I have no symptoms of being pregnant either so I'm not getting my hopes up that the readings were false. I feel so defeated. I just got my doctor to start me on Metformin ER 2 weeks ago to try and help with my IR. I'm a T1 diabetic so none of my doctors really wanted to work with me. I'm only on 500mg of the extended release and it's not helping much.

So now, no AF, no help from the Metformin I was almost certain would help me. Still way over weight and not a single pound lost no matter what my efforts. Everything sucks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

Well - I wouldn't count the metformin as a dud yet. Metformin, when it gets going on your insulin, also can impact the other hormones. It could be the adjustment to met that's throwing the cycle off. If so, I wouldn't call it a bad thing.

How did your RE jumpstart? Provera?
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I too wouldnt count metformin out yet, it can take up to 6 months to fully get into your system and get working..
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defygravity View Post
    Well - I wouldn't count the metformin as a dud yet. Metformin, when it gets going on your insulin, also can impact the other hormones. It could be the adjustment to met that's throwing the cycle off. If so, I wouldn't call it a bad thing.

How did your RE jumpstart? Provera?
    No, I took Estradiol and then Progestin.

I haven't given up on Metformin yet. Just kind of bummed that this is all happening now. Although my cycle was already late when I started the Met so I have no idea what to attribute it to. I always thought AF went missing because my diabetes was so bad but it went missing before when my pancreas still worked somewhat.

It's also bumming because I've been anxious to get my sonohisterogram done and last month they were booked when I got AF. Now this month it didn't come so I can't get it done. It just feels like everything is working against me right now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by withloveandagun View Post
    Still way over weight and not a single pound lost no matter what my efforts.
    Fortunately, your body reaps the rewards of your efforts, even when the scale doesn't cooperate.

Could you give us some insight into what your current efforts (ie Sleep, hydration, cardio, strength training)?

I'm sure what you're doing is great, but maybe they can be tweaked for more effect...

Thanks

Hi
    Can anyone help me with my post here. Does your periods become irregular within 2-3 months after laproscopy(with ovarian drilling). My periods came regular at cycle length 30 days for 2 months after lap. Iam ttc and is on clomid. This month iam 2 weeks past my period due date and still no periods. I took HPT and all came back negative. I had very very light spotting on the day after my expected period and also yesterday. I used digital opks on cd 13 -cd20 to know whether iam ovulating this cycle and it never came back positive.I got my lap done on dec -26-2011 and after that got my first periods on jan-25-2012 and the next one on feb-24-2012. I was expecting periods on mar-25-2012, but it didnt turn up. Please help me. Iam really getting tensed.Atleast i want my periods to be regular if not pregnancy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatCarney View Post
    Fortunately, your body reaps the rewards of your efforts, even when the scale doesn't cooperate.

Could you give us some insight into what your current efforts (ie Sleep, hydration, cardio, strength training)?

I'm sure what you're doing is great, but maybe they can be tweaked for more effect...
    I will say my exercise efforts have been extremely half-hearted. I have been successful in the past at losing weight, just not ever since becoming a full T1 diabetic (12/2008). I take A LOT of daily insulin. Anyways, I went pretty gung-ho for 4-5 weeks. Exercising 4x/week, doing at least 1 hour of cardio. I stepped back from ST for a little while as I wanted to see if cardio was going to affect me. I didn't budge! From Oct-Jan I sat at 154lbs. Not horrible by any means, but I sat in the 125lb range for the past 3-4 years so it seems pretty bad to me. Also, I wasn't taking my insulin back then so I was never really meant to be that small. I was 118lbs at my smallest and 195lbs at my heaviest. Anyways, after January I hit a rough patch and ballooned up to 162lbs. I just cannot move from this number no matter how hard I try. I gave up on exercise for a while seeing as how if I didn't go I stayed at 162, and if I did go I stayed at 162. Poor excuse, I know. I figured until I got on something to reduce my insulin needs there was no point. I watched my food intake and kept up with my vitamins.

I have really bad diabulemia AND I am a binge eater. I have only binged once in over 8-9 weeks now (victim of a really sudden low that knocked me off guard). It has been amazing to eat "like a normal person" as I say. So at least for the time being NOT seeing the scale go up has been good. Although I seemed to have finally dropped 4lbs about a week after I started taking Met and thought I could eat "normal" and gained it all back the next week. Insulin ranges are different for everyone but a "typical" T1 takes maybe 30-50 units/day. I am a T1 with IR so I take around 100 units/day, and that's on a low carb diet (15-45g/carbs/meal).

For me, the thing is, I feel the harder I try to do the right thing and focus on being HEALTHY versus skinny/happy, the more I feel like I am being punished. The tighter control I have on my diabetes, the more weight I gain and the more depressed I get. It just seems counterproductive. Then I finally welcomes AF back after a few years without her, and now she's gone again. I keep trying to be attuned to my body to see if perhaps those HPT's were false negatives but I don't know. The only thing I've noticed is an increased sense of smell and mostly an aversion to the smells of certain foods. Yesterday when I got home from work I was nausea's. Not enough to warrant any real alarms.