Thanks

Default Is anyone else constantly hungry while taking Provera?

Does anyone else want to eat constantly on the days they take provera? My gyn has me taking them 5 days a month to induce menstruation. I think it is contributing to the weight gain I have had these past few months. When I take it I am tired, moody and hungry. All of those things make me want to reach for carbs. This last week was my second week of weight watchers and I didn't lose any weight but I was also taking provera. Just wondering if anyone else has experience these problems.

Thanks

Yes, was just wondering the same thing today! I take provera from the 1st to 10th of each month (this is my 3rd month). About 5 or 6 days in, I start gaining weight and by the end of 10 day period, want to binge on carbs and sweets like crazy!! I've been eating really healthy the last few months and losing weight, but noticed this and last month that I've been so hungry and bloated when I take it. Gained like 5 pounds in the last several days!

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

It always did that too me. I took it every other month for a few yrs. I always craved carbs. its basically like preggo cravings or PMS cravings. Usually sweets. I have heard its normal and just not for women with PCOS.

Just choose healthier foods like fruits if you crave something sweet.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't remember the cravings, but I was miserable whenever I took provera. It did a real number on my stomach.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

I don't crave sweets on Provera (I'm not big on sweets to start with), but I definitely crave starchy stuff. If I do give in and eat something starchy, I try to make it healthy and combine it with protein so it doesn't wear off and leave me hungry again right away.

Thanks

Yes i have that problem badly and i can't shake my weight for the life of me so frustrating.
    Married since 3/13/2009 Hidden Content

Mommy to:
    Lana Michele Rayne 3/27/2008 ​& Dylan Lee Emmett 11/1/2010

Come Join
    Hidden Content !

Thanks

I was just wondering that this afternoon! Today is my day 4 on Provera and I feel like I haven't eaten all day. DH asked why I didn't bring food with me to work and I said "I did. I brought a sandwich, wheat thins, oranges and a Clif bar. I also stopped for a cinnamelt and sausage biscuit on my way in this morning. It's all gone..." Poor guy. He just responded "then how are you starving?" It's good to know my belly isn't just losing it's mind. Now! Onto the mental initiative to keep on my diet instead...
    Me - 27, DH - 31
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2003
    Married 4/28/2008

TTC#1 since September 2011

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah it happens to me every time, so I make sure I don't have any junk in the house. Too bad I didn't realize it was the provera sooner. I'm up 15 from the start of all this. I'm losing it now on a new diet plan, but MAN do I get hungry on that drug.
    Me: Monique (26) ~ PCOS/suspected IR DH: Matt (28) ~ Fan-bloody-tastic! Hidden Content
    DD Miciah-Sarai Born 5/14/2006 3rd Round of Clomid
    Hidden Content
    BFP 6/29/2012 After 2nd Round of Femara!
    EDD: 11 March 2013
    THANK YOU JESUS!
    Hidden Content