Thanks

Post Trying to find a Community?

You are not alone!
    I was noticing how many women felt alone in their life long journey of PCOS, when in fact there are SO many women out there.
    I decided to create a community on tumblr. So far we are up to nearly 100 women, and so I decided to branch out even more and create a youtube collab channel. This is when 5 women take on a day of the week to post a video on the specific topic. We have women in all different places of their PCOS journey, but we need some subscribers!
    If you are curious at all please take a look at these two communities and see if they are something you might be interested in!

http://thepcoslife.tumblr.com

http://www.youtube.com/thepcoslife

Thanks

Lightbulb New to PCOS? Have Questions? Feel Alone? We can help!

Join the PCOS community beginning on tumblr at thepcoslife

http://thepcoslife.tumblr.com

We also have a connecting youtube collab channel where every week 6 girls talk about PCOS topics and give their own personal experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/thepcoslife

We would love for you to join us!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KelsiF For This Useful Post:

HoleeCyst (04-18-2012)

Thanks

Thanks for the links!

Registered User hollycysticovary's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi everyone
    Im new to this site! Deserately TTC andgetting really down about it. Feel like a failure. sick of hairy chin, sick of putting on weight at drop of a hat and sick of horrible hormonal mood swings. Is anyone else feeling likethis i need someone to talk to x

Thanks

Thanks for the links will subscribe
    Married since 3/13/2009 Hidden Content

Mommy to:
    Lana Michele Rayne 3/27/2008 ​& Dylan Lee Emmett 11/1/2010

Come Join
    Hidden Content !

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Love the youtube channel!

Thanks

Hello! Thank you for the links...I just joined this site today and am slowly getting used to the idea of talking about my PCOS. I was diagnosed in February of this year so everything is still fresh and sinking in. So far I have simply been trying to absorb any information about PCOS that I can get my hands on, but I would really like to talk to other women who are going through similar difficulties.

-Jess

Thanks

Hello. Well my OBGYN recently told me I have polycystic ovaries. Is this different than PCOS?

Thanks

PCOS just means polycystic ovary syndrome...the syndrome means it can have many different symptoms and not everyone diagnosed with PCOS has the same symptoms. Hope that answers your question!
    -Jess

Thanks

Hi Hollycysticovary! I'm new to this forum as well and can very much relate to you (except I'm not TTC). I have a beard and wax it off (when I'm feeling up to it). I actually get so embarressed about the hair on my face that I avoid going out to lunch with coworkers in the sunlight, which reveals a lot of the lighter hairs! I too feel like a failure. I feel like it's my fault I'm living with this condition because of the food I ate the life style I have lived. But I tell myself there is no going back and the only way I can get through this is to love myself enough to take on this battle which seems mostly uphill at first. My endocrinologist told me I was insulin resistant because I obviously have pcos, although my blood test for blood sugar was normal. She wanted me to try to lose weight instead of taking metformin because pcos can be tamed by proper diet and exercise. Cutting out sugar really helped me. Last year I gained 40lbs. In the six weeks I shunned sugar (very hard to do) I lost 27lbs. My skin was better, my man hair grew back slower, I felt better, my mood stabilized, depression & anxiety waned, my blood pressure went down ten digits. Losing weight, although hard, is very helpful. I think winning the IR battle is the first place to start. Of course talk to your doctors about it, especially if you're TTC. Sorry this was long winded! I probably said more than I needed to. (0_o)

Registered User hollycysticovary's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply Marie!!! :-) I keep loosing weight then putting it back on almost straight away!!! I lost a stone recently and in a week of not changing anything apart from no excersize I put on 7 pounds! It's ridiculous!!! Just wanna lose weight so I can get pregnant!!!!!!!! Lol

How's ur weight at moment? Does it fluctuate like mine? Xxx

Thanks

Thanks for sharing, just followed on Tumblr