Thanks

Default Help! clomid questions?

Ok girls so my Ob started me on 50 mg of clomid to start me off. But she kind of scared me when she said that it can cause rupture of ovarian cysts? My husband and I are going to Jamaica in a month and 12 days ( Im not counting or anything! HA!) and one of my worst fears is getting sick in a foreign country. Should I hold off for ANOTHER month or two or do you think it would be safe to take this round and then it would be out of my system by then? I just don't know, when the doctor said that, I had no clue it would do that. So my mind kind of froze and I forgot to ask her this? So what do you girls think, has this ever happened to any of you? And if it makes me feel terrible (GI troubles) will that go away by the end of the cycle as well? I just am a little nervous about all this, please give me your experiences with clomid to ease my mind! Thanks girls!
    Me (29)Hidden Content DH (40)Hidden Content
    Hopin for baby dust!Hidden Content
    TTC since Sept 2011!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you about my first experience with Clomid. I took it days 3-7, 50 mg (I have a normal BMI but don't ovulate on my own except a couple of months after I get off birth control). I ovulated on CD 11. On CD 11 I got terrible diarrhea and the next day I felt terribly bloated. Other than that I wasn't too uncomfortable and by the end of the cycle I felt normal again. Do you have any reason to believe you're prone to ovarian cysts (other than having PCOS, of course)? I mean, have you gotten a large cyst before? I personally would take it this month and not the month you're going to Jamaica. We're taking a vacation next month (eastern Europe so probably not the same hospital situation as Jamaica has) and it I don't get pregnant this month I'm not going to take Clomid next month. Maybe I'll ovulate anyway!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Thanks

Like PP said, I can't tell you what to do, but here is my experience with clomid. I've done one medicated round, CD 5-9. I had a really bad headache the second day I took it and later on in my cycle I had wicked hot flashes! I have several cysts on both of my ovaries and I didn't have any pain at all to indicate one had ruptured. Good luck to you in your decision!
    Ashley (27) DH Hidden Content (30)
    11/5/12 - MMC at 8w4d
    DD born 11/7/2013 at 40w2d. We are so in love!
    06/13 - Chemical pregnancy

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

The only things that ruptured on my clomid cycles were big follicles with healthy eggs. My only side effect was hot flashes, they were the worst while taking the pills but came and went afterwards. If you're CD1 today and take it this cycle I don't think it'll be a problem for you in 6 weeks.

What I'd be thinking more about is how comfortable you would be going to Jamaica if you get pregnant this cycle. If you ovulate in roughly 2 weeks you'd be 4 weeks pregnant there (6 weeks if you go by LMP). Would you be OK going there that early in your pregnancy? There's no right or wrong answer, I won't judge either way, and there's no guarantee it'll work the first time around. BUT... if it does... what do you think?

Where in Jamaica are you going? I went to Ocho Rios about 3.5 years ago. DH and I were not really trying then but thought a Jamaica souvenir would be cool. Didn't happen for us but it was probably for the best.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

We will love you forever Pumpkynz's Avatar
    Thanks

I did get pretty bloated and crampy and was pretty uncomfortable from the week before o until the end of the cycle. I don't think I would want to be on clomid while iconography vacation to be honest. It's hard to say how you will handle it because we are all different.
    Misty (31) Hidden Content Jeff (34)
    Allysa Paige 09/09/99 & Tyler James 07/01/05
    Gastric Bypass April 24th, 2013!!! Thank God!!!

Hidden Content

Lost our precious baby boy Braxton on September 14 , 2011 @ 12.6 weeks
    "An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth.

Thanks

So far this clomid cycle has been uneventful for me as well, and I think a Jamaican vacation would really help your chances! I'd think a relaxing vacation month would be an ideal time for an unmonitored medicated cycle if that's your next step.
    7/09 BFP! 2000mg met - 200mg Soy - Instead Soft cups
    3/26/10 Gabriel arrived! 7lbs 5oz Hospital birth w no pain meds!
    11/7/11 BFP! M/C at 12w 1/1/12
    3/26/12 BFP! 1500 met 50mg Clomid CD3-7 BFP!
    Born 1/5/13 9lbs 5oz Hospital birth w lots of pain meds Hidden Content
    Now TTC a 3rd child! 2000mg met
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Girls, thanks so all your input! I really don't know what I would do with out you girls, I probably would be freaking out most of the time! HA! Anyway, I am going to start the clomid this month and see what happens. If I do fine with it this month then I will think about taking it next month as well. So I am just kind of testing the waters so to speak. I am going to start today so here to hopin! Thanks so much girls! How soon did your symptoms start after taking this med?
    Me (29)Hidden Content DH (40)Hidden Content
    Hopin for baby dust!Hidden Content
    TTC since Sept 2011!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content