Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default When you get your BFP, how will you tell your Significant Other or Family???

I know this has been posted before but I figured it wouldnt hurt to do it again:

When you get your BFP, how will you tell your Significant Other or Family???

I think Im going to buy a onsie that says something like "Daddys Favorite" (or something cuter I cant think of right now), put it in a regular Target or Kohls bag, hand it to him in the bag and say something like "I bought you this shirt but Im not sure its gonna fit, you need to try it on" Then watch his reaction.

What about you??? (please dont tell me I'm the only one who thinks about these things!!! lol)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh no you're not the only one who thinks about this. I had a plan when we first started trying in mid-2010, but now I'm not optimistic so all those plans have been put away.

In the past I thought about surprising DH with a card that has the positive hpt in it and I wouldn't tell anyone until I was least 8 weeks, but I'd try to wait until 12 weeks.

Thanks

I want to get a T-shirt made for our dog, Lola, that says "Big Sister In Training." It's how I plan on telling my in-laws. Thanks for getting me to think happy thoughts! Your idea for a onsie is SO adorable and very special. I hope we both get our BFPs soon!

Thanks

For my first pregnancy I was so shocked and scared and happy after TTC for so long I just started bawling when he came home from work. lol.

My 2nd pregnancy I gave ds a book to take to daddy to read to him. It was called, "I'm gonna be a big brother!" DH looked at ds and said, "I think your mother's trying to tell me something." lol. Kinda sad now that it didn't work out and we have all this big brother stuff. My mom said to just write 'eventually' at the end of everything. HA.

When I get pregnant again I want to make a short 5min video collage of all the short little cell phone vid's of ds i've made throughout his life. I want to put them in reverse order so we're watching ds getting younger, and then have the reveal at the end. Hopefully I'll think of something more clever, but right now it will say something like, "ready to see it all again? you'll have to wait 9 months!" or something of that nature. Then we can show the video to other family as our annoucement. We'll be screaming it from the mountaintops immediately.
    7/09 BFP! metformin - Soy - Soft cups - born 3/26/10 - 7lbs 5oz Hospital birth w no pain meds!
    11/7/11 BFP! M/C at 12w 1/1/12
    3/26/12 BFP! Metformin - Clomid born 1/5/13 - 9lbs 5oz Hospital birth w lots of pain meds
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I think we are going to have a picture taken of us (df and I) from the waist or knees down mainly of our feet standing side by side and have a little pair of baby shoes or somthing next to us and then have the words "our family is expanding by two feet" on it... So cute! I cant wait to get that BFP just to do it and give it to our families!
    Kelly 25 Hidden Content John 34
    Suprise BFP/MC Nov '06 (no meds)....
    DX W/ PCOS & Dysfuntional Uterine Bleeding Oct '09 Metformin 2000mg and Prenatal Vitamins

#1(2/16/12):Clomid 100mg cd 3-8 -no follies-clomid 150mg cd 13-17 U/S biggest follie 10mm-Arimidex cd 20-25 follie recheck 14&18mm Triggered 3/22..AF 4/6 Weak O???
    #2(4/6/12):Arimidex cd5-10 follie check None-Arimidex cd13-19 follie check???...

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

With my first he was gone to church when I took the test (didnt thing I was pregnant, just found a test while looking for something else) I pulled him into a room at church and told him that I was pregnant. We both started crying then he had to go on stage and sing lol

With my 2nd I just took it so him and my best friend would shut up about me being pregnant. they were right lol.

Didnt really thing about doing something special. I was too shocked both times.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm going to put the stick inside a christmas cracker. Background- DH proposed to me at Christmas lunch with the ring inside of a christmas cracker. At our wedding we had christmas crackers as place cards and I have a few left. SO tomorrow is 10DPO and I have been doing some major symptom spotting. Tomorrow is also our 2 year wedding anniversary so fingers crossed the crackers have to come out!!

Thanks

I actually had a thread with a few good ideas. let me find it and I will repost it. Such a fun topic.
    Me (33) DH (33)
    DD (6) Unplanned, wasnt trying but not preventing, took 3 years
    DD (2) Very planned, took 4 years, 3 mc inbetween
    3 Angel babies
    Progesterone shots and suppositories and shots with DD2
    The above highlighted b/c I cant stress how important it is for us cysters to have this checked AS SOON AS BFP OR SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My tricks: cough syrup, baby aspirin, Instead cup, big O after him, metformin, temping, mastered checking my cervix...

Thanks

I've been debating about this for a while. I don't plan on telling anyone (not even DH) right away. Part of it's because I've had 2 miscarriages, one at the 3 month mark, and I'm leery of announcing pregnancy until I make it to the 2nd trimester. Part of it's because of a silly bet DH and I have. He says he'd know right away, but I think I could go a couple months before he'd catch on, unless I have hyperemesis again. When I got pregnant with our daughter, he was actually with me when I took the HPT so I didn't get a chance to do anything other than walk out of the bathroom and ask if he saw the line too. Even so, I was already at 8 weeks when I took the test and he had no clue it was a possibility until I asked him to pick up a test for me on his way home from work.

I do cake decorating as a hobby. I thought about inviting the whole family over for dinner one night and serving this adorable baby bump cake I found online for dessert. If I waited long enough to find out the baby's sex, I could even tint the inside blue or pink.

Thanks

The irst time I told my mom by giving her a bear that had a said "worlds best mom". It had a pocket so I put the test in there. She pulled it out, looked at time and my sister screamed that I was preggo.

This time we had family pics made or Christmas. when we gave then out on Christmas Eve we told the family that next yr Trinity wouldnt be the only baby in the pic. Some it took longer than others to get it lol
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Thanks

Oh and we made a bib that said "Holly needs to give me lessons on being a big sister". We had my 16 yr old DSD pull it out of the diaper bag and put it on Trinity.

We will love you forever Pumpkynz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm usually too excited to keep it from dh. I thought about doing something cute once we get a BFP and make it to 12 weeks and know the baby is ok. At the point I might just make the kids wear big sibling tee shirts and see who gets it first lol.
    Misty (31) Hidden Content Jeff (34)
    Allysa Paige 09/09/99 & Tyler James 07/01/05
    Gastric Bypass April 24th, 2013!!! Thank God!!!

Hidden Content

Lost our precious baby boy Braxton on September 14 , 2011 @ 12.6 weeks
    "An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

hmmm...we actually work together so I think i'd leave it (yes the preg test) in his drawer at work.... OR id buy a worlds best daddy bib or something and put it on him at dinner...thinking about it gets me overly excited lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries

to be honesty I had this grand cute plan all planned out and then that second line showed up and I just ran down the stairs bawling and shaking asking DH if he saw the line too...
    Katy IHidden Content My Veteran!
    Ovarian drilling/D&C/Scope on 8/3/2011. Metformin 1000Mg Lost 75lbs using low carb
    BFP!! 12/29/11 (our mircale after 3 years!)
    Blake Gilpin Born 9/3/12.. A big bundle of perfect!
    Current: TTC baby #2- metformin 1000mg, natural cycles

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ill actually probably be the same way lol, I'm three days late and can barely hold that in lol

Quote Originally Posted by babyRingo View Post
    to be honesty I had this grand cute plan all planned out and then that second line showed up and I just ran down the stairs bawling and shaking asking DH if he saw the line too...