Thanks

Default Miscarried pregnancy # 1

It's funny, before I became pregnant and while I was pregnant I avoided looking at this board like it was the plague. Well, I guess I belong here now. I got unexpectedly preggo after what we though was a failed round of Femara. I could believe our luck on our first round with the RE. I didn't allow myself to get excited after the great betas but couldn't help but feel very hopefully after seeing a strong heartbeat and measuring on time at 6 and 8 weeks. RE thought everything looked good a discharged me. After a few weeks I got into my ob of choice and did all of the pain in the butt intake only to discover that the fetus has stopped growing at 9 weeks. Missed miscarriage. It was a shock but felt like something expected at the same time. I don't think I felt a thing (emotionally) until a few days later when the bleeding began naturally. Thankfully the miscarriage itself was not very painful and completed itself within two weeks. Now.... well, I guess it's back to ttc after one cycle off. Meeting with RE in a few days. It's just so ****ty. I can't stand pregnant women and babies anymore and I think the MOST horrid things about them. Suppose it's normal at this stage. I hate all of this. Spending thousands of dollars on a baby that very well may never come, seeing my husband so sad and disappointed, having people look at my with "sad face". I don't even know why I'm posting this, commiseration I guess. I just hope that this will be my only not my first of many.
    me (29) DH (34)
    7.5mg Femara - BFP! - two great betas, two great u/s with hb
    4/2012- M/C at 9 weeks (mmc)
    2nd inject cycle- gonal f- BFP!!! good betas
    1/2013- M/C naturally at 6 weeks
    3rd - 5th inject cycles- follistim BFN. d&c and polyp removal surgery
    6th injects cycle- follistim. iui with amazing counts.....BFP on Christmas '13 !!
    Beta 18dpo- 231 P4- 79.8 beta 20dpo- 653 P4- 72.6
    Hidden Content

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry, Willow. It must have come as a shock to you, especially after seeing the heartbeat. Hopefully this was not related to PCOS and just one of things that can affect any woman, no matter her struggles to conceive or not. We put so much effort into getting pg, we can't imagine it not being a sticky, but unfortunately there is always that risk early on. I'm glad you were able to get through it naturally and without a lot of pain. ((hugs))
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Registered User previouslybutterfly3861's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry for your loss. I m/c my first pregnancy and wasn't sure how I was going to go on. I got the strength a few months later and got pregnant fairly quick...I hope when you're ready it happens fast. Everything that you feel is completely normal.

Thanks

Your post makes me so sad and at the same time I want to give you (((HUGS))) and wish you luck on your next round you can do this.
    (Me) 43 (hubby) 33 Hidden Content 13 years strong
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years
    Alexander born 8/8/2013 Hidden Content

Thanks

I missed miscarried at 14 weeks a few weeks ago and had a D&E (baby had a severe defect that didn't the doctors didn't detect). We had just told all of our friends as we had passed the first trimester. It was the most horrible experience and now I have to go back to work in two days after 3 weeks off. I don't want to go back. It is never easy but it does get easier. I have proclaimed a year off of having to go to baby showers and hanging out with friends/family with infants. My mother thinks I should "just get over it". I haven't even stopped bleeding yet after two weeks and I still have to go with dh and pick up the ashes tomorrow. There is no "just get over it" when you lose a baby no matter how far along you were. Take all the time you need, its ok to be angry, I'm angry and its just a part of grieving. Just don't get stuck in that part, it isn't healthy to be there too long, or so my grief counselor tells me.

I hope you get a sticky BFP really soon. I have to take another 2 months off of ttc, but I'm not looking forward to starting again, though I desperately want a baby but we have no idea if my cycles will resume and I don't want to think about all the pain and grief we went through when we were ttc and to start over isn't my idea of good time. dh and I said that we will give ourselves a few months of "not trying/trying" meaning once we are cleared to ttc we will just let things happen for a few months and if we aren't successful we will reconsider our options if we need to go to an RE. Good luck with everything, I hope you don't have to wait too long!
    Married 03/2011
    TTC since 04/2011
    Provera 07/11, 10/11 + Clomid (Failed)
    Dx - PCOS (FINALLY) 11/11 - rx Metformin
    BFP 1/12/12 -Lost DS ^Daniel^ at 14 weeks to Trisomy 18.
    BFP 6/17/12 - CP
    BFP 7/23/12 - DD 4/13 Hidden Content

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had 2 chemical pregnancies before having my DD. I havent experienced your type o loss because I knew mine were doomed before I could get excited and hopeful. I had to take some time off from baby shower and infants for a while. It does help. Take your time and deal with it your own way. Dont let people pressure you into getting over it. You have lost something very special.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

i'm so so sorry! (((((HUGS))))) to you. Oh, the shock and pain of finding out when everything is going well, it's so horrible. And no one who hasn't been through it can understand. Their lives roll along and they can care about the weather or the latest movie or what their going to eat for dinner, and all you can think is "my baby is gone" over and over.

a lot of pp have said that time helps, and they are right. it does help. i found myself resisting "feeling better". I felt so offended when people asked me "are you feeling better?" I felt like saying, "WHY? SO that you can feel better? because my baby died and I don't feel better and i'll never feel better". Holding on to my sadness was holding on to my baby and it was something. It's been two months since i lost my baby and just this week, i'm turning a corner. and it doesn't feel as bad as i thought it would feel. i don't feel like i've abandoned my baby, it's still with me. But i do see the color on the trees and can appreciate life things a little bit.

You are going to have a baby. The only thing that will stop you from having a baby is if you stop trying. And if you tell yourself that you'll never give up, then it will happen!! It has to! You are going to have your baby and you are going to love it so very much.

Wishing you the space to feel however you want for however long you want and lots of sticky sticky baby dust.

Thanks

You have every right to feel angry/upset and need to take time to vent. People will understand and cope if you snap at them, u lost a baby and only someone who is cruel would expect u to 'bounce' back from that. My heart goes out to you and I hope when you feel ready to try again, you will be successful and have your baby in your arms. Take care of yourself xoxoxo
    June 50mg clomid) BFN July natural cycle O'ed but still BFN!!august no O no AF Start clomid 50mg in Oct BFN
    Nov 100mg ......10dpo BFP 10dpo beta# 46 13dpo beta# 210 24dpo beta# 30200 We're having a GIRL Hidden Content EDD 01 sept '14
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content [url=Hidden Content a pregnancy ticker[/url

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your feelings are sooooooo normal!! We all feel them! Seeing the heartbeat used to give me relief but when I lost my daughter after seeing the heartbeat, I now know it takes more then that. I am so sorry.
    Elizabeth
    Find miscarriage support! - All That is Seen and Unseen; A Journey Through a First Trimester Miscarriage - Hidden Content
    3.5 years to TTC#1 - born 09/03
    DS #2 Born 6/6/13 14DPO-BETA 245, P4-9.9, 16dpo BETA-656 P4-16.9

Thanks

Hi Willow, I am so sorry for your loss. I have been through similar losses, and the pain does lessen over time. I agree with what the other Ladies have written: your feelings are normal and you shouldn't have to hurry through the grief process to make anyone else feel better. Take time to take care of yourself and your husband. The two of you will probably grieve in different ways, so you'll need to be sensitive to what you each need from each other, and put extra time in your relationship. You've had a beautiful blessing taken from you too soon. You will never forget this baby, but hopefully you will have a healthy baby in your arms to celebrate the gift of life very soon! Hugs!
    Me 35 + DH 35 Hidden Content DS Sept '07 & DS May '13
    Dx Jan/10 + MF . Four Inject + IUI = BFNs
    Nov/10 IVF+ICSI #1 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jan/11 IVF+ICSI #2 ET 2 blasts = BFP & two h/bs! -8wk m/c twin angels
    Jul/11 FET #1: 2 blasts = BFP & h/b! -SCH -9wk m/c angel boy
    Dec/11 FET #2: 2 blasts = BFN
    Mar/12 IVF+ICSI+PGD #3 ET 2 blasts = BFN
    Jun/12 FET #3: 2 blasts = BFN (2 snow)

Aug '12 natural surprise = DS born May 2, 2013

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Herbs/Vits/Supplmnts: None
    Hidden Content
    TTC #1 journey (June 2010-present): numerous Clomid&Femara rounds, countless OBGYN's, two RE's, PCOS dx confirmed 3 times now, one chemical preg. Currently working with NEW doc and continuing weight loss; HSG attempt #2 coming soon.....

Thanks

Sorry for your loss *hug*
    Me 32 Hidden Content DH 32
    "Blessed parents of 4 beautiful children and 1 angel baby"

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Lane Michael-Collins Hidden Content 3/21/12 lost at 15 weeks WE LOVE YOU LANE!!!!!!

Thanks

I'm very sorry about your loss! You are in the right place. We all need to vent sometimes, and the grief comes in unique stages for every mom. (((Hugs)))
    Metformin 1500mg, Yasmin, managing IR/pcos with lower carbs

First pregnancy ended at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix.
    Hidden Content Mary Catherine will be in our hearts forever, November 28, 2003.
    Second loss March 9, 2004 at five weeks

Third pregnancy, Cerclage at 13w
    Hidden Content Duncan 2/11/05, 9lb 3oz
    Fourth pregnancy, Cerclage at 13w
    Hidden Content Ruby 2/27/06, 9lbs