Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default anyone else taking a cycle off?

hey ladies..im benched due to cysts..but i also think my body needs the break after so many injectable cycles that have all ended in bfns....im hoping the break will help ...

anyways..anyone else want to pass the month with me?
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc2- 4 BFN-IVF2 BFP-m/c 3/17-BFP 5/10- its a BOY DS2 1/11
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks

Hi maroon 22 - I have cysts too this cycle doc waited 3 weeks hoping they will go down and we can get started ( I never get AF alone so he usually waits out the cysts and they have always gone down but this time they just won't ) he gave me primolut n for 10 days to Induce a period and then hopefully they would have gone down are you taking anything ?

Thanks

hey! nice to have some company...im doing a month of birth control pills..that usually does the trick when ive had cysts in the past..plus it brings on AF which i too normally dont get without medication..so im hoping all the hormones balance out a little..im such a go go kinda person when it comes to ttc..so taking off a cycle is so hard! but hopefully its all worth it for a bfp right!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks

I'm in a holding pattern after a missed m/c and D&C. I have to wait for my hCG to get to zero, and it was 213 on Monday. So I'm happy to join you, though I don't know how long we'll be out of the game. Just so you know, I had cysts (caused by stupid Clomid) in January and had to wait for my cycle to start to get tested for IVF. Then I o'ed on my own on CD 24, and got pg. Of course, it didn't stick, but it was encouraging to even get pg while the cysts weren't 100% gone. Hopefully this break will be just what your body needs! Are you doing any special dietary things while waiting? I was doing gluten-free, but I've fallen off that wagon now. Trying to decide whether I should do low-carb (or low glycemic index really) or gluten free, as sweets are my downfall.
    Cheryl 42, DH 40
    IVF 9/03 w/only 1 viable embryo - BFP!!! Wow!!!
    DD born 06/04, perfectly healthy!
    4 losses - 3/11, 3/12, 12/12, 4/13
    1 blast (Tonto) frozen from 11/12 IVF
    FET - 3/29/13 - Good Friday Hidden Content
    BFP at 4dp5dt on 4/2/13!! STICK, TONTO, STICK!!! Beta 1: 166 Beta 2: 310 (53 hrs) Beta 3: 662 (44 hrs)Hidden Content M/C 5/1/13 Hidden Content 4 babies in Heaven, and I won't send any more. We are DONE.

Thanks

want- so sorry to hear about ur m/c but thats awesome that it happened so out of the blue..especially since had to go the ivf route the first time! you always hear of those ppl who get some cycles back after giving birth..thats really great...hope ur beta goes down quick enough so u can start trying again! after having one child youd think this journey gets easier..but its just not the case sometimes! argh! anyways..wish we were here under diff circumstances but ist good to have u here!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks

I'm also out his month due to a 2.5cm cyst. I'm starting provera April 20 and will start ivf in may. It's been 2 weeks for me and as much as I didn't want to take a break, I think it was or the best. I've also started acupuncture, more exercise and healthier eating.
    Michelle (26) DH Eric (31)
    Married on june19, 2010
    Ttc#1 since nov 2010
    Diagnosed pcos April 2011
    Cycle 1-Femara 5 mg, ovidrel trigger, iui- bfn Hidden Content
    cycle 2-3 femara 7.5 ovidrel trigger iui- bfn Hidden Content
    Moving onto ivf....

Thanks

michelle- i agree..especially before IVF i think getting your body as prepared as possible is the best thing..with both of my ivf cycles i did a month off before it..and i really think it helped..i did acupuncture on my second ivf as well...its a nice "excuse" to take good care of yourself and your body.. im also trying to work on eating healthier and more exercise in my routine....well may isnt too far away! hopefully it will be here before you know it!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm out for this month too - doing one month of bcp before clomid. Hate been back on the bcp, it's really messing with my emotions but needs must and all that!

Thanks

welcome summer...i know what u mean..its been ages since ive been on bcps..what a pain..although im not feeling too many side effects as of yet..but just the thought of being on them and knowing theres no chance of pregnancy is depressing in itself!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We're taking an indefinite break. I am trying the natural route, have an appointment with an herbalist on Tuesday and will probably start accupuncture again if she recommends it. As badly as I want a baby, having a normal cycle would be awesome too.
    TTC - 4 years
    Me - PCOS, Anovulatory
    DH- Normal "super sperm" (according to him)
    Taking a break from Clomid and trying a more holistic approach

Thanks

I was "benched" the last 2 cycles after my missed miscarriage in February. Watching ovulation come and go and not being able to try was AWFUL!!! I should get AF any day now. But I am happy to be in good company with all you ladies also feeling the pain of having to wait. I wouldn't say it's what we do best, but we sure do a lot of it. waiting for af, waiting for o, waiting for 2ww, and now...waiting it out. i'm supposed to start BCPs as soon as I get AF because I'm doing an antagonist protocol for IVF. I did clomid-IUI last year (bfp then miscarriage) but I've never done injections before. Really really hoping that it works. So 2 weeks of BCPs then wait for AF then start stims. I just want to skip the BCPs and do the injections and get to the ER and ET!!! I am so rearing to go!

Hoping that all you ladies who are waiting out cysts and from miscarriage can find other ways to pass the time. I think dieting is actually a great thing to keep your focus. I tried to do that the last month and it definitely gave me a new goal and took my mind off TTC a little bit. It's very consuming to have to diet and anything consuming helps keep the sad thoughts away.

baby dust to everyone

Thanks

musical- thats great ur taking time out to try and work on the actual problem rather than going for the quick fixes..i really hope its successful for you..ive heard that if u stick with it and give it some time..you can see good results!

jmk- wow you have been on a waiting game for some time! but im really excited for your upcoming ivf! ivf is so exciting..just to have a stronger possibiblity of a bfp...its very exciting.. i agree though..focusing on diet and excersise is the best way to take ur mind off things..it takes ur mind off just enough..but at the same time reminds u that a healthy body and mind will ultimatly help u achieve a bfp! we hope!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Thanks

I have been doing acupuncture since the beginning of the cycle I got pg. The day after I started acupuncture, I got AF, even though the cysts were still producing estrogen. I'm convinced the acupuncture affected both the cycle and getting pg. It can take at least 3 months to affect egg quality, so I'm hoping that within another month or so, I'll be in a better place with higher-quality eggs.

I admire you ladies who are doing IVF. I was *totally* freaked out this time around about having to give myself injections. I hate needles period, but I got through it with my IVF cycle for DD, and it was totally worth it. But I get freaked out thinking about having to do that now. I know it would probably improve our chances, but my IVF doc said our chances IF we get good quality embryos is around 30%. Without good embryos, it's much lower. We have a little bit of coverage for IVF and our doc doesn't charge for his services (only lab fees), but it's still a lot of money and torture to go through for not-so-great odds.
    Cheryl 42, DH 40
    IVF 9/03 w/only 1 viable embryo - BFP!!! Wow!!!
    DD born 06/04, perfectly healthy!
    4 losses - 3/11, 3/12, 12/12, 4/13
    1 blast (Tonto) frozen from 11/12 IVF
    FET - 3/29/13 - Good Friday Hidden Content
    BFP at 4dp5dt on 4/2/13!! STICK, TONTO, STICK!!! Beta 1: 166 Beta 2: 310 (53 hrs) Beta 3: 662 (44 hrs)Hidden Content M/C 5/1/13 Hidden Content 4 babies in Heaven, and I won't send any more. We are DONE.

Thanks

want- i know what you mean..ivf is such a big step..although id have to say if i had any kind of coverage id probably go for it.. ive paid out of pocket twice..and it worked both times..but its just so unfortunate ivf costs so much... but hopefully keeping up with ur acupuncture will give you some nice eggs and better odds!

i did acupuncture before i got married for a good while..and then very briefly on my second ivf attempt..i loved it....it was so relaxing and i felt like it was getting my body back on track..unfortunatly..its one of those things thats hard to make time for...and also not very cheap when ur talking about once or twice a week even..id love to go now but with kids its hard to find sitters etc.. gosh even to go for a follie scan is such a chore lol.. but im deff thankful despite the little hiccups here and there!
    me 29 dh 31
    dx 2003
    thin- no IR/mf
    12 BFN-ivf- BFP DS 1/08
    ttc#3- 5 BFNs on inj.
    BFP 6/12!
    ITS A GIRL! 2/13/13!!

Registered User Crossingfingers's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi there -- looks like we will be taking off too. Just got a BFN yesterday on our first "perfect" IVF cycle. Our doc wants to run some more tests on me and may want us to wait for the results to come back before we go ahead with our first FET. Waiting makes me insane - but at the same time, I think I may need the break emotionally.