Thanks

Hoping someone can relate
    Last edited by linn116; 01-10-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

lin, not every women with PCOS will have cysts show up on the u/s. There are a lot of cysters who don't have hair issues, yet their ovaries are riddled with cysts. I personally never had any cysts pop up on u/s, but my bloodwork showed other imblanaces. Have you seen an Endocrinologist? This is where I would start.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I agree with diamond! I had a scan done before i started treatment and everything was fine...once i started treatment i would have 20 or more little cysts on each ovary (which actually in many cases are really immature follicals,) so depending on here you are in your cycle it would make perfect sence to have no cysts. Also like she mentioned many have no hair issues... A endocrinologist is deff your next step here since the hair growth is all hormonally related and the endocrinologsit is a dr who specialized in just that! best of luck
    ME (27) & DH (33) +
    DS (1 - born 6/12 on due date) & DD (born 1/14 @ 35wks 3days) =
    FAMILY COMPLETE!

Transcending the Self.... soulcyster.indeed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The 2 posts above are indeed correct. Not every cyster share the same pattern of symptoms. I hav been having symptoms of PCOS (hairloss, prolonged periods of 15 days, hirsutism, irritability) since atleast 7-8 years, but was never diagnosed. I personally think the cysts were already there by sept 2011 bcz thats when all my symptoms were way too much to be ignored. USG on Dec 2011 showed polycystic ovaries.

Not having cysts on ovary is not a reason enuf to ward off the possibility of having PCOS

Spinning Cyster! :) Future Doc Cyster's Avatar
    Thanks

My ovaries look normal on ultrasound, but my ovarian profile shows that they are out of whack. Sometimes there is really more than meets the eye. . .just like with high blood pressure of high cholesterol.

Unfortunately, this is why PCOS isn't just a GYN issue.

Even with type 2 diabetes some people appear thin and "healthy" but their blood work shows differently.

Hopefully your doctor can help you figure out what exactly is going on hormonally so that you can work to balance your hormones and control your symptoms.
    Future Doc Cyster

Currently taking a break from all meds
    Goal: Live a healthy lifestyle to lose weight, feel beautiful, and kick some PCOS butt!

Thanks

You probably have high testosterone(just guessing). I thought I was tested, turns out, I never was. But recently I've been growing dark hair on stomach, or at least my hair is darkening there, and all my hair is growing a lot more yet my head hair is falling out. My ovaries looked normal, even my blood work to due with estrogen and such came back normal, but my period is way irregular. It just seems like something met or spiro would fix, because it's abnormal hair growth where women don't usually grow hair, it's where men do.
    Diane-20 ~ PCOS, Hypothyroidism
    Peter-30 ~ Low sperm count
    Married since 02/23/2010
    TTC officially since June 2010
    Chara Rose born May 3, 2013

Hidden Content

Thanks

Everything that has already been said is true. It could really be PCOS with hyperandrogenism (high androgen levels) even if you don't have cysts. But anyway, when you go to the endocrinologist make sure she checks also other possible reasons for hyperandrogenism- especially adrenal hormones and thyroid.
    (When I was diagnosed I underwent tests for the other possibilities even though I had the classical symptoms of PCOS, and it was very clear from the beginning. That's because they have to rule out other endocrine disorders that have similar symptoms, even if they are not as likely.)

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

linn, this is a good site to start at. It has loads of information and a lot of FAQ. http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=co...arymed&id=2#79
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

Don't feel bad...you're not alone. I've been tested like a lab rat and how about I don't have any cysts on my ovaries either! AND here's the topper...my testosterone levels are relatively normal. That was the shocker for me! REALLY? I have hair on my face, thinning hair and a ton of other symptoms to tell me otherwise. I was recently told by a gyno that the reason for that is the testosterone tests are pretty inaccurate since there are deposit in layers of your body that don't show up on test so that explains that. The no cysts...I have no idea. After all, it is called poly (multiple) cystic ovary syndrome. I am suppose to start going to a center he referred me to - hoping they have more answers. I almost gave up on doctors.
    Hidden Content

...I miss you everyday...Hidden Content
    Lost Malia Anaya at 18 weeks 1 day...
    She was due 10.14.2010 and passed away 05.14.2010 due to PPROM...no explanation given.

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have hair thinning on the top of my head. Pretty regular periods, but have pretty intense but bearable ovulation pains. Is this ovulation or cysts growing in there? Why is my hair thinning?

Thanks

When I had an ultrasound a few years ago they couldn't even find my ovaries (i was only 13, so they may not have been developed enough), I feel like I have never even shown symptoms of cystic ovaries, but I have bad facial hair and hair in places of my body where it's not supposed to be (plus other pcos related symptoms).
    A good tool for taking care of the facial hair is "Epicare Facial Hair Remover", look it up on amazon.com or something, it's like manual threading. I'm planning on waxing my stomach soon and the rest, (on my chest and arms) I don't think is bad enough yet to bother with.