Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Smile Femera First Time! -Success? Tell me your positive thoughts!

I had my follow-up apt with the RE today (after HSG came back clear) and she is having me start Femara today. 3 pills a day for 5 days, starting on CD3. I had no response at all to 5 tries at Clomid, and I have been on Metformin/prenatal/Extra Vit D for a month now. Hubby is A-Okay, I really hope this will work for us. She did mention possibly doing a trigger shot on my 14 day ultra sound (which will be 4/23), so I guess we will have to see when that time gets here.

I love hearing success stories from these forums, and love hearing them especailly when they are in the same boat as myself! We have been trying to conceive for 2 years...and I do not ovulate, never have...no periods unless they are jumpstarted. I just keep praying and hoping for the best! Anyone have great stories for Femera?

Me/ 28 DH/ 29
    TTC #1 since 2010

Thanks

Femara was my miracle drug. It worked the first time! I am currently seven weeks four days pregnant! I know that not everyone has the same success story but I know that there are many femara success stories.
    I wish you the best and hope femara works for you!

Thanks

I never tried clomid, but that's because we tried on our own for a year, not realizing I wasn't ovulating. so after I went to the RE for the first time, she started me on femara right off, no clomid, as she said she has seen better responses with femara and it has less side effects. I did four rounds of femara. The first two I got two follicles, triggered, BD at the appropriate times, but no BFP (although I REALLY believe I had a chemical pregnancy the second cycle but that's another story). Third cycle my follicle just didn't get big enough so she cancelled the cycle and I thought, oh great, I've stopped responding so now everything is hopeless again. Lo and behold, the next cycle (fourth) I got one HUGE follicle, triggered, BD'd and got our very first BFP. So I think it just takes patience, determination to do whatever your doctor feels you need to (if you trust your doctor anyway), and sticking with it. Four months feels like forever when you add it onto the year we were trying on our own, but then I have to take a step back and think logically that we had NO chance of conceiving that whole year because I was not ovulating. So really, it only took four cycles, or three good ones if you don't count the cancelled cycle. So out of three times where I COULD have gotten pregnant, I did. that's not really so bad! I love femara and am grateful that I had the resources to see an RE and have a great RE at that who knew what to have me do!
    Me 28 - DX PCOS w/IR 8/2011, annovulatory 1 yr after bcp (2010/2011)
    DH 30 - Normal
    TTC #1 for 18 months
    Metformin 1500 mg ER daily, prenatals, 81mg aspirin, progesterone
    Cycle 4: femara 5mg cd3-7, estradiol, HCG Shot to ov., BFP! Beta 200+
    Jacob Riley 9/19/12, 6lbs 5oz, 19inches

Hidden Content

Waiting for our threesome dara0220's Avatar
    Thanks

Marking...interested to see if anyone else has positive stories. Starting my 2nd cycle of Femara, 1st round on 7.5 mg though....
    Me-28, DH-32
    TTC since 2009. Starting femara/follistim combo, with Met, folic acid, royal jelly, Acupuncture, progesterone, and prenatals
    2nd femara/follistim combo, started Oct 2nd...BFP 14dpo (11/2/12) hcg 91! 17 dpo beta 456, progesterone 115 21 dpo beta 2026...darn thyroid, lets add levothyroxine to the mix too!
    TRIPLETS!!!!!!!Babies arrived at 27 weeks on April 9th, 2013. Doing some nicu time, praying for some positive outcomes.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

i'm in the middle of my 4th round of femara, i ovulated on all of them on 2.5mg. each month i have been ovulating later and later which is weird but i'm amazed its got me ovulating after 6 failed clomid cycles! all i need now is a BFP...all the best hun

Thanks

I would love to hear some positive stories as well. Started Femara this cycle and it did not make me O. We will increase the dose next round and add some steroids... Any have success with the combination?

Thanks

Femara got me pregnant After 11 yrs of fertility treatments! Several rounds of clomid from 50 to 200mg with trigger, IUI and no pregnancy. Several rounds of injections, trigger, IUI and timed intercourse and three rounds of injections WITH clomid, trigger and IUI and never a pregnancy! We adopted at 8 years of TTC a little boy at birth. We kept trying with no real fertility treatments except metformin and provera. Anyhow when my son turned 2.5 we decided to try again. RE said lets do femara. 1st cycle I used the trigger on cd 21 then I didnt need another trigger after and I ovulated on my own for the first times ever!!!! I got pregnant my 5th round of femara 7.5mg cd 3-5 with timed intercourse and no monitoring.

Keeping everything crossed! Remember it can take 3 to 6 rounds to get rolling on femara and usually with PCOS we ovulate LATER on femara. So if on cd 14 there is no big follies ask to come back at cd 16 and 18 and 21!!
    Me - Nicole 31 and Hubby - Floyd 36
    Together 14yrs and Married 10yrs
    Three kiddos: Nathan 16, Breonna 14, and Camden 3 all by the miracle of adoption!

Hidden Content

Waiting for our threesome dara0220's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to keep you informed....I had a cd 10 follicle scan and I had a 17.5 mm follie...now just doing opks to confirm ovulation. No positives yet, but hopefully soon...
    Me-28, DH-32
    TTC since 2009. Starting femara/follistim combo, with Met, folic acid, royal jelly, Acupuncture, progesterone, and prenatals
    2nd femara/follistim combo, started Oct 2nd...BFP 14dpo (11/2/12) hcg 91! 17 dpo beta 456, progesterone 115 21 dpo beta 2026...darn thyroid, lets add levothyroxine to the mix too!
    TRIPLETS!!!!!!!Babies arrived at 27 weeks on April 9th, 2013. Doing some nicu time, praying for some positive outcomes.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Curious to hear some more positive stories! I just finished taking my first round of Femara. Going in for my ultrasound scan on Tuesday. Crossing my fingers we have 1 or 2 big follicles.

Thanks

Clomid never worked for me, but I got pregnant on my second 10mg Femara cycle. Good luck!
    TTC - Aug '10
    May '11-Dec '11 - multiple Clomid cycles, never responsed
    Jan '12 - 10mg Femara; HCG trigger; BFN
    Feb '12 - 10mg Femara (cd3-7); 17mm & 14.5mm follicle, 10.4mm lining (cd14); HCG trigger (cd15); BFP (13dpo); HCG: 243 & Prog: 25.4 (14dpo), HCG: 1199 (18dpo)
    Baby #1 born October 26, 2012 (38 weeks)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Dara good luck! I had my 14 day US today and it only 7-8mm follies...I go back for day21..so hopefully better news then
    Candice/ 28, DH/ 29
    TTC Baby #1 since 2010
    Pregnitude / 2000 mg/Metformin Daily
    2011- 5 rounds of Clomid- no ovulation- reffered to RE
    4/12-6/12 3 Rounds of Femara all failed- No O Went from 5mg- 12.5mg
    July '12- Follistim 75iu- 150iu- no response-
    September- November 2012- Birth Control Pills
    December 2012- Femara 12.5- Double Dose of Femera 12.5 in January
    Jan 2013 Actual measurable follicles! And FIRST time trigger shot 1/19. BFN
    Feb 2013- Femera 12.5 for 7 days

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Femara worked great for me! I had No response to 50 mg
    Clomid so the doctor moved me right into Femara. The first month I tried 2.5 mg and no response. The next month we tried 5 mg. I went in for my scan on CD 14 and had a perfect 2.2 follow and my lining looked good! I triggered that day and 13 days later for my BFP! I am a big believer in Femara. Good luck!

Brittani (DH) Keegan, Married 02.09, One furbaby: Drake
    3.13 Femara + Gonal + IUI = 2-3 follies & BFP!
    Hidden Content

Phoebe Alonnah: December 9th, 8 lb. 14 oz., 21.5 in.
    of pure cuteness! Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

*2.2 follicle

Brittani (DH) Keegan, Married 02.09, One furbaby: Drake
    3.13 Femara + Gonal + IUI = 2-3 follies & BFP!
    Hidden Content

Phoebe Alonnah: December 9th, 8 lb. 14 oz., 21.5 in.
    of pure cuteness! Hidden Content

Registered User TaylorDFaulkner's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah! I start my first round of Femara on CD 3-7. Picking up my provera prescription tomorrow. Can't wait! Hope this works!!

Thanks

Good luck Taylor! I was so excited for my first month of Femara too. I remember looking at the tiny little pills and thinking that it might finally be what I need to get pregnant. Crazy how something so small can make things in there work better! My first cycle I had just one follie (late grower) and it didn't work. This cycle I had two and am in my TWW and hoping for the best! Wishing you first time femara success! Just curious, what dose are they starting you on?
    Me (26) Hidden Content Hubby (31)

Tried to conceive baby #1 since May 2011
    Numerous femara, and femara follistim combo cycles all BFN
    November and December 2013- femara cycle with new RE after a long break
    BFN
    February 2014- Femara and Follistim combo cycle BFP!!! Beta 12DPO- 75 16DPO-552
    We're having triplet boys!

Hidden Content