Thread: Dear Gym,

better known as MrsH21320 TimeForAChange's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Dear Gym,

Why can't you have a private room for me to get ready in? lol yes so unrealistic but a girl can dream

I don't care who sees me sweat and breath heavy while working out it's the lockeroom that makes me uncomfortable, I'll walk around in a towel and change but I hate doing my hair in front of anyone!
    I bet no one notices me head flipped over blow drying my locks then teasing to achive max volume but it drives me crazy to think someone might see my wet hair

dry & styled is decent but wet is not ok, vent over 

Gym pevs anyone else?
    Daily supplements:
    *Lifting Heavy 3x a week & 3 HIIT sessions a week * Vit D 5,000iui * Twin Lab pre-natal*
    *Jarrow B-right Complex * Coconut oil * Mint Tea 3x*
    *Coconut oil scalp treatment * SLS Free*
    Hidden Content PCOS (dx 97) Endometriosis (Dx 2004) Incompetent cervix (RIP Gera 11 May 2008 - 22.5 weeks)
    Postpartum thyroiditis (dx 24 Oct 2011, Hyper from 10/24-12/19, normal, 3/14 now Hypo on meds, 7/15 more Hypo, 9/16 normal!)
    Low Cortisol (Dx 3/22 on cortisteriods 2x a day)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ooh & to the non sweaters, I hate you 

Daily supplements:
    *Lifting Heavy 3x a week & 3 HIIT sessions a week * Vit D 5,000iui * Twin Lab pre-natal*
    Hidden Content PCOS (dx 97) Endometriosis (Dx 2004) Incompetent cervix (RIP Gera 11 May 2008 - 22.5 weeks)
    Postpartum thyroiditis (dx 24 Oct 2011, Hyper from 10/24-12/19, normal, 3/14 now Hypo on meds, 7/15 more Hypo, 9/16 normal!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimeForAChange View Post
    Ooh & to the non sweaters, I hate you
    ROTFLMAO!!! I don't get it either. There's always a POOL of sweat around my spin bike, but the girl next to me is barely damp.

As for the locker room. I agree...private changing rooms would be awesome.

I also want larger lockers, and, AND, a very regular schedule of group exercise classes. (I'm one of those people who likes things to be 'regular' Ie Spinning MO-WED-FRI 8am. Don't keep changing times!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KatCarney For This Useful Post:

TimeForAChange (04-12-2012)

Thanks

It's funny that younger women tend to be more modest, but there is never a short supply of nekkid old ladies! If they don't care, why should I?

I love how men aren't afraid to stare at your butt as they pass by you on a cardio machine- not noticing that it's in front of a mirror. I can see you, perv.

Me: 30 DH: 34
    DS: 11/21/11
    Ovarian Drilling Success Story! Surgery 12/22/10 :: BFP 3/22/11
    Baby girl EDD: 5/24/14

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennymae For This Useful Post:

defygravity (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ooh I'd kill for reg class time but at 5 please I start work at 7
    Daily supplements:

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like the fans on steroids at the gym I used to go to. Huge, they could do serious damage if knocked over. My tmill at home has a built-in fan - far better then the fan that ate all of it's competitors.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

To be honest, eventhough I use my university gyms so I'm around lots of the skinny undergrad girls in the locker room, I really don't care too much about changing in front of someone. There's plenty of sweaty people, so I don't really feel self-conscious about that either. Also, I don't care if a guy checks me out. Shockingly, in spite of the aforementioned skinny undergrad girls, it has happened. Besides, it isn't like I don't consider all the muscly meatheads an added bonus when I'm at the gym.

What I hate is, I'm sure, a function of it being a university gym. Gym makeout couples!
    Couples going to the gym together, cool! No problem. Shared activites are good for a relationship.
    However, I could do without watching you use helping your girlfriend with the weight machine as an excuse to feel her up in public, and then stopping to suck face. Particularly if I'm waiting to use the machine.