Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

You just never know with PCOS! If you have signs that could point to O, it can't hurt to try.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

[QUOTE=DiamondInTheRough;1890885107]You just never know with PCOS! If you have signs that could point to O, it can't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

umm heck no hahahah!!! Thanks!
    (Me) 43 (hubby) 33 Hidden Content 13 years strong
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years
    Alexander born 8/8/2013 Hidden Content

Thanks

Have you been checked for menopause? I was just diagnosed with perimenopause last year. I was having the same symptoms you described.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    Have you been checked for menopause? I was just diagnosed with perimenopause last year. I was having the same symptoms you described.
    I agree with this.
    (Jess) 27Hidden Content (Chris) 30

Hidden Content Our 4 Munchkins:
    Joshua- 6yrs, Dominick- 3yrs, Luciana- 2yrs & Addison- born 10/24/13 7lb-11oz and 20in

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    Yes I have matter of fact! And that is the big reason my RE have given us the GREEN light to proceed They did a total count of my reserve and it turned out great actually I posted my numbers I am sure if you are very interested you or "others" will jump to find it It's pretty awesome I have my first sono tomorrow morning..then off to a plan which I am sure is going to be femara as injections created TOO MANY eggs for my age So no menopause here but thanks for your input and suggesting it be that. it seems that was the first thing they checked for.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Oh and the symptoms were because during our trip to mexico I did not take my metformin which I think is the main reason I had stayed on track and not had these issues got off of it and everything goes haywire! I am back on track now and we shall see where it goes from there. Thanks have a great day.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Chula, I bet being off the Met was the culprit. How much Met are you on? I've read that 1500 mg is the lowest effective dose for ovulation. I think you can take up to 2500 mg. Maybe it's worth a try to see if that'll get you to ovulate before trying femara or injections? Hopefully your sono goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted!!
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks

You know what Chula, I was trying to be helpful but your response to me was really offensive. It sounded as if you thought I was being mean. I wasn't. Your symptoms were similar to what I was experiencing and that's what I was diagnosed with. So when I read what you were going through I was trying to be helpful. Since this is a SUPPORT board, I was trying to be supportive.
    I guess it doesn't pay to try to be helpful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough View Post
    Chula, I bet being off the Met was the culprit. How much Met are you on? I've read that 1500 mg is the lowest effective dose for ovulation. I think you can take up to 2500 mg. Maybe it's worth a try to see if that'll get you to ovulate before trying femara or injections? Hopefully your sono goes well tomorrow. Keep us posted!!
    YEP! I totally agree with you! I am ONLY on 1000mg have been for years now couldn't tolerate the side effects! I MIGHT try to go up to 1500 what I am SUPPOSE to be on but not sure I am ready for that but that is a great suggesting! I am going to ask the RE what he thinks about that dosage!

jupiter- Huh?!?!?! WHAT the heck are you talking about! I thanked you and gave you an explaination as to why I didn't think it was that! I can't find the post I am not good at looking up OLD post you ladies are so that is why I suggested looking for it if you were interested in my numbers is that what offended you? I am sorry and yes I agree this is a SUPPORT board and I appreciate your input but don't know why your offended?!?! Again sorry! Its just wasn't you suggested is all

Anyway didn't go to my sono this monring becaseu hubby went out of town and I can't take the baby to daycare until 7:30 or after and I needed to be at the dr. office at that same time so I am making an appointment and they can do all the sono and discussion then at the appointment.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Chula, you could try Met XR which releases slowly in your body. Some ladies find they have fewer side effects with the extended release. You might find you can tolerate 1500 mg or more taking it this way. Definitely ask about it at your next appt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 484 Posts

We've just had a nasty stomach bug blow through here -the girls had it twice, the boys and DH had it once - and from reading FB it doesn't seem local to Pittsburgh. Is there a bug going around? That would have been my first guess. But - just my opinion - if you're preg enough to have nausea from it, you're preg enough to get a positive on a test. No need to guess about it once you start having real symptoms. So if it happens again, a test should work.
    Last edited by RunnerDuck; 04-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    We've just had a nasty stomach bug blow through here -the girls had it twice, the boys and DH had it once - and from reading FB it doesn't seem local to Pittsburgh. Is there a bug going around? That would have been my first guess. But - just my opinion - if you're preg enough to have nausea from it, you're preg enough to get a positive on a test. No need to guess about it once you start having real symptoms. So if it happens again, a test should work.
    It lasted ONLY 2 days, I hardly ever get sick like that, no period, and of course TTC, so my thoughts were... maybe? But turns out NOPE a NEGATIVO with a Beta blood test. And I never had nausea with baby E so I thought welp every pregnancy is DIFFERENT. So we are at square ONE again. NO biggie. Been there done this Thanks for the suggestion RD it could have been a number of reasons...
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Chula, you could try Met XR which releases slowly in your body. Some ladies find they have fewer side effects with the extended release. You might find you can tolerate 1500 mg or more taking it this way. Definitely ask about it at your next appt.
    Can you believe that my insurance will not cover the XR!!! I was like huh? But you know what I am going to try the 1500 just for the heck of it. I take them at night so I kinda skip the SE if I didn't eat anything that I wasnt' suppose to which isn't too hard with this band!!
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Chula, you can quarter the pill and increase it week-by-week, so the s/e aren't too strong.

Thanks

Chula, you can quarter the pill and increase it week-by-week, so the s/e aren't too strong.
    Damn yea well I might do that first I WILL try to just go all out and do it! LOL!!! I will take 1500mg tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. Thanks DITR!!!
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years