Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Blood Glucose Test....geeeeeez!

Since I'm trying to get on met before TTC again this summer, I had to get this wonderful test. I was never warned, however, that for the two hours between blood tests I would have to SIT IN THE WAITING ROOM THE WHOLE TIME.

I'm ADD. Undiagnosed by a professional but I know it. This was absolute torture. And the people complaining about their wait?? I wanted to strangle them. I think I ended up forcing myself to read every article in 3 magazines and killed my phone battery playing games.

My only concern, the office was so busy, the lab tech ended up taking the second test after like two and a half hours (my fault apparently...she told me she forgot about me and I should've told her...) will this mess up my results? I'll die if I have to do this test again. In fact, I can't take this test again til July because I don't have any time off til then.

What. A. Day!
    CATE
    Forecast: Mostly optimistic, with a chance of rage. Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Taking the second draw later will probably give you a lower number than you would have had at the 2hr mark as you had more time to process the glucose out of your blood, so if the number comes back borderline but passing, and they refuse to Rx you Met, then the lower/passing number could have been because it took an extra 30 minutes for your blood draw, and you might need to repeat the test if you want Met and they won't Rx with your initial results.

Happy to finally be a Mom redsoxfan's Avatar
    Thanks

It really does affect your results. Some people bottom out after testing and that extra half an hour makes a big difference. There's really no excuse for the lab dropping the ball, but you need to let your physician know. I had to take the 3 hr when I was pregnant with the twins and the lab screwed up my fasting (they told me to get started on the drink and they'd draw my blood at the same time, which didn't happen or course) and even though I told them that's not how the test is done, they told me a few minutes (it was 15) would make no difference. It made a huge difference.. my dr. was ready to break out the insulin because my fasting was 120 until I told him about the lab screw up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's what I'm afraid of. Some day I'll stop being a big wuss and become assertive with all the jerks out there. Nice = pushover. :/

Guess we'll just wait and see next week.
    CATE

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

I had to do the 3 hr with each pregnancy. I could leave so it wasnt too bad. I could not handle sitting there all that time. It would have drove me crazy.

not doing the test on time will change the results. Its very important that they do it at the same time every hr. The lab did mine within 5 min or they said the results would be off and they would have to add that to the report.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This lady sucked. Not only did she have the illest attitude at 9:30 AM but was so rude. "Why didn't you come earlier?" and she didn't even know how to do the test. She wanted me to just have the drink then wait two hours for a test. I was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think you have to take a test before I drink this....yeah. And she was just like "oh it's one of those....ok that's right.". Aahhhhhhhhh!! I wish they just did this test at the doctor's office rather than a stupid Quest Diagnostics office!!
    CATE

Thanks
    Blog Entries

And she destroyed my veins....never took gauze off that was full of blood from a blood test....
    CATE

Thanks

i just did that at quest too!! She butchered my arm with a large bruise for a very small amount of blood..but she was at least nice! If you have to redo the test..try to bring someone..I brought someone with me and we brought stuff to do and it went by faster. The lady that i had didnt know what she was doing either and kept saying...i think i do this..then this..yup i think thats what i do...WTF..shouldnt they know that!? Anyway..i hope you dont have to redo it!!!
    Age-30
    12/11 Clomid 50mg-CD3-7 (? O'd CD25) BFN
    01/12 Clomid 50mg-CD3-7 (No response)
    03/12 Referral to RE and more testing
    04/12 Provera induced cycle, ovulated spontaneously -BFN
    05/12 Gonal-F 37.5-75 CD 3-18/ Ovidrel Trigger/ IUI ---BFN
    06/12 Gonal-F 75 CD 3-15/ Ovidrel Trigger/IUI---
    BFP!!! Beta #1 287, P4 27

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yep! Bruises I have on both arms today are ridiculous! Guess I'll get the results this week...if this crazy lady even remembered to send them out!
    CATE

Thanks

How rude of that nurse, she should have had you on a timer, that's the profession thing to do. Hopefully it doesnt muck up your results!
    Kate - 28

Cycle 5 - Clomid 25mg Day 5-9 / Evening Primrose Oil / Elevit with Iodine / Vitamin D3 1000iu / 500mg Met / Acupuncture = BFP!

Its a BOY!

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had to take that same test before going on Met in November and all the lab techs were extremely rude the whole two hours. That was an experience, but they did draw me on time. You might have to preform the test again and just get in line 10 minutes before they're supposed to draw you again.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Herbs/Vits/Supplmnts: Inositol (powder), Maca Root (powder), Raspberry Leaf Tea,&Stress Free
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content