Thanks

Default Looking for a little hope.

How many of you ladies who have experienced miscarriage went on to achieve a healthy pregnancy? How long did it take? I know we are all different but I guess hearing personal stories of success always makes me feel a little more hopeful.
    me (29) DH (34)
    7.5mg Femara - BFP! - two great betas, two great u/s with hb
    4/2012- M/C at 9 weeks (mmc)
    2nd inject cycle- gonal f- BFP!!! good betas
    1/2013- M/C naturally at 6 weeks
    3rd - 5th inject cycles- follistim BFN. d&c and polyp removal surgery
    6th injects cycle- follistim. iui with amazing counts.....BFP on Christmas '13 !!
    Beta 18dpo- 231 P4- 79.8 beta 20dpo- 653 P4- 72.6
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I miscarried at 6 weeks in october and got pregnant again in december. So far so good, baby looks great, though i worry everyday. So sorry for your loss.

Hidden Content

Me-33 & DH/Best Friend-34Hidden Content Married 12 years
    2 furbabies - Oliver & Grimmy
    TTC unofficially since 2008; Blocked tube & MFI
    10/6/11 Surprise BFP!- Miscarried 10/20 @ 6 wksHidden Content
    12/16/11 BFP!! 13dpo- 1st beta @17dpo= 671; Prog=15.5
    8/24/12 at 6:03pm Penelope Rose Brielle was born: 10lbs 4.5oz, 22 inches long

Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm very glad to say that I was much more fertile after my loss and had very little trouble conceiving afterward. Unfortunately, I had a very early loss after my 23-weeker, but I'm pretty sure that poor little one was just swallowed up in my grief and didn't stand a chance. My aunt who had lost two preemies back in the 50's told me to wait at least 6 months, and I didn't, and now I would suggest the same thing. It's just too hard when you NEED that baby so bad. ((((Hugs))))

Metformin and low-ish carbs was my recipe. I hope you can conceive when you are ready. I know that my first big, healthy baby saved my life. I wish that joy and relief for every mom here.
    Metformin 1500mg, Yasmin, managing IR/pcos with lower carbs

First pregnancy ended at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix.
    Hidden Content Mary Catherine will be in our hearts forever, November 28, 2003.
    Second loss March 9, 2004 at five weeks

Third pregnancy, Cerclage at 13w
    Hidden Content Duncan 2/11/05, 9lb 3oz
    Fourth pregnancy, Cerclage at 13w
    Hidden Content Ruby 2/27/06, 9lbs

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,878 Times in 2,216 Posts

I had an early m/c at 5 weeks the month before I conceived my son. After he was born we've been TTC #2 for 5-6 months and now we're dealing with back to back early m/c. Both 5 weeks also...so we're headed back to the RE next month to go back to the inject combo cycle that worked for our son with the hopes that the better meds will be the boost we need to stay pregnant.
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I had 2 m/c before DS1. One was a missed m/c at about 7 weeks- the other was a very early m/c at 5 weeks and then the cycle after that, I got pg with DS1 while on a break from fertility treatments. After I had him, I became somewhat of a fertile myrtle but had another m/c between him and DS2. So I tried Soy to see if it would help my egg quality. After 2-3 months of trying again with Soy, I got pg with DS2. I had another suprise pregnancy when DS2 was about 9 months old (we were pretty sure that we were done after DS2) that ended in another missed m/c at 6-7 weeks. We waited until DS turned 2 and decided that we would not prevent and so I tried the Soy again and within 2-3 months I was pg with this little boy. It took me about 6 months to get my first BFP (m/c) and then it took me another 2 1/2- 3 years to get my second BFP (m/c) and then just 1 cycle to get my DS1 after that- so it varies as to how long it takes. What worked for me was losing some weight, getting to know my body and my fertile signs and finding a RE that was not a total douche bag like my first RE who I think wasted 6 months of my life and countless $$$ from my bank account because he was a moron. Just to give you some hope- My first RE told me after I had already had 1 m/c and I was not responding to his treatments that I would never have my own children, I was in Ovarian failure and I would have to try donor eggs. I was devestated but after some time off, I refused to beleive him- I mean I had been pregnant once why could it not happen again- so I went to see another RE. I am so glad that I did. In the end his treatments did not get me pg but him switching my Met dose is what did helped. So here I am 6-7 years after that RE told me that I would never have my own kids, pregnant with #3...... So don't give up- anything is possible, just get informed about your options and your body! GL and I am sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))
    Melissa (33) DH (35) 4 Angels 8/03, 4/06, 5/08, and 4/10
    DS#1 Jackson 3/15/07- conceived after 4 1/2 years of TTC, 2 m/c's, Metformin ER and weight loss.
    DS#2 Carson 7/27/09- conceived after another m/c, Metformin ER, and 3 months of Soy.
    DS#3- Evan 5/31/12- conceived after yet another m/c, Met ER and 2 months of Soy.

Thanks

1st off, so sorry about the loss, its such a horrible thing!! There are LOTS of ladies that go on to have healthy pregnancies soon after the loss, but I do want to make you aware of the other side. When I m/c, I also wanted a bit of hope and read several thread about ladies getting pregnant pretty quickly, but that just wasn't the case for me! I m/c approx 14mnth ago, I have done 4 clomid rounds since then and all bfn's. Again, please dont take this as a negitive post, just wanted to share my experience! Good Luck!! Sticky baby dust to you!!!
    Me Jen (30) DH Tony (31) DSD Hailey (10)
    Married 02/14/12 Hidden Content TTC since 07/2009
    4th clomid cycle BFP-M/C 2/2011 @ 5wk2dy Hidden Content
    Clomid Cycles 5-9 6/11-01/12 50-100mg Clomid: O'd each cycle but all BFN's!
    Currently-Just happy in LOVE!Hidden Content

Hidden Content

We will love you forever Pumpkynz's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so sorry about your loss. It really was the worse thing I have ever gone through in my entire life. I am still dealing with the emotional roller coaster from my loss. I had my m/c back in September and I have yet to get another BFP. But in all fairness I am only on my third Femara cycle since the loss. There is a window after a loss where you might have an increase in fertility. I personally still ovulated but it was very weak.
    Misty (31) Hidden Content Jeff (34)
    Allysa Paige 09/09/99 & Tyler James 07/01/05
    Gastric Bypass April 24th, 2013!!! Thank God!!!

Hidden Content

Lost our precious baby boy Braxton on September 14 , 2011 @ 12.6 weeks
    "An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth.

Thanks

So sorry for your loss. I had a m/c at 8 weeks and a m/c at 10 weeks and have gone on to have 2 beautiful children. My RE did run test to find out if I had a clotting disorder after my second loss. As it turns out, I am a homo carrier of the MTHFR gene which was causing clotting in the umbilical cord. For my successful pregnancies, I was put on baby aspiring and 5mg of folic acid/day and carried to 39 and 35 weeks.

Thanks

I had an early m/c at 6 weeks in September and immediately began charting (although hard) O'd on CD30 or 35 (since m/c) and conceived my beautiful little girl! Be aware though that having a m/c and getting pregnant that quickly makes you a million times more worried. I was devestated by my loss and thrilled with new pregnancy and it was hard to balance that.
    Rachel (35) Hidden Content Matt (36)
    Jacob (6)Hidden Content Emma (17 months)Hidden Content

Blessed beyond measure Stormy77's Avatar
    Thanks

I had two early losses both due to poor egg qaulity. went on to get pregnant twice. my dd is 14 mths old and im due in aug.
    Shannon, married 15 yrs to the love of my life. Adopted mom to 22 yr old Lacey, stepmom to 17 yr old Holly, mommy to Trinity and Jacob

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

We lost our first baby. It was a missed miscarriage. We found out at 14 weeks that the baby had died at about 12 weeks. It was the most awful experience. I've never been so devastated. Three months later we got pregnant again and I was so nervous the entire time but we had a healthy baby girl. Six months after she was born we got pregnant again and just had a healthy little boy. I know its hard, especially when the pain from that loss is still so raw, but it is possible to go on and have a normal pregnancy next time. Hang in there!