Registered User Crossingfingers's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Success with FET after failed fresh cycle?

Hi everyone. This is the first thread I've started on Soulcysters and I'm hoping you all can share some success stories with me. I just came off of a "perfect" IVF cycle (my first one) with a BFN. Everyone, including the doctor, was shocked. It started as an injectable cycle (with low doses of Gonal F) but after several days of stims, my follies were growing at the same rate and I had no leaders. When I had 8 reach 16 and 17, the doc told me it wasn't looking good and, though we would wait another day, it was looking like we would either have to cancel or consider converting to IVF becuase it would be too risky to trigger me with so many mature follies. Well, we converted to IVF (after going in the next day and have 6 follies at 20 and 6 at 18/19), had 19 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized (some with ICSI, some regular IVF) and had two perfect blasts transferred on day five. The next day, we received a call that of the remaining 8 that fertilized, 7 were great enough to freeze. Our doctor said it couldn't have gone better, so you can imagine how discouraged we were when we got our BFN. My question for you all is whether any of you have had success with frozen embryo transfers after the fresh cycle was unsuccessful? Feeling so defeated and hoping you can help. THANKS!

stick little bean!!!! jenNICUnp's Avatar
    Thanks

Not me personally, but my best friend had the exact same situation back in 2010. Transferred 2 "perfect" blasts on day 5 and the Dr's gave her like an 80% success rate. BFN though. Her subsequent FET with the one and only "marginal" frozen embryo was successful and now she has a 13 month old daughter.

Good luck!!
    Jen(33) DH(34) dx 2008
    2008/2009: BFP 9th round Clomid/IUI!! Hidden Content
    Andrew Michael born 5/16/10 @ 40 and 4/7 weeks 8lbs. 9.5 oz. 21" long
    Hidden Content

2012:
    BFP 3rd round Clomid/trigger/IUI!! Hidden Content
    Ian Russell born 12/18/12 @ 40 and 5/7 weeks8lbs 7.5 oz. 20.75" long
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User Crossingfingers's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, jen! That is definitely so good to hear!
    ME - 32, PCOS, elevated NK cells; DH - Perfect!
    2 rounds Clomid, zero response
    Dec 2011 -- 1st injectable cycle - BFN and OHSS
    Jan/Feb 2012 -- 2nd injectable cycle - BFN
    March/April 2012 -- 3rd injectable cycle converted to IVF; 2 blasts transferred, 7 frozen - BFN.
    May/June 2012 -- FET -- BFP!
    Beta 1 (11dp6dt) 783; Beta 2 (13dp6dt) 1835; Beta 3 (15dp6dt) 3954!!

Thanks

I'm hoping you got pregnant because I'm in the
    same boat. Perfect IVF retrieval. 35 eggs retrieved, only 23 mature,
    18 fertilized naturally (no ICSI) 14 made it to blast, 8 grade aa and
    6 grade ab. 2 hatching grade aa embryos transferred, 12 frozen. Given an 80 percent sucess rate. And we failed!!!! I'm really hoping
    a frozen transfer will work, you have to wait 3 months to try again. This is a brutal process.