We have been TTC for 7 months now. I am 37 years old (so "advanced" maternal age), and I have been charting/using OPKs the entire time we have been TTC. We already have two children, and I'm not 100% convinced I want to go to extreme measures to have a third.
I have a follow-up appointment with my OB/GYN in a few weeks, and I'm wondering what the next steps should be. She mentioned Clomid at our last appointment, but I'm not sure if I want to start taking it...I think I'd like to try metformin first. Some info about me:
- diagnosed with PCOS about 6 months ago based on ultrasound
- I ovulate every month (clear temp shift when I chart)
- I am not very overweight (could lose 10-15 pounds...most of which has crept on in the past 2 years)
- no issues conceiving 1st child, 15 months to conceive 2nd child, but I only charted for the last 2 cycles that time
- haven't had the levels tested, but I'm pretty sure I have the signs of high testostorone (excess hair, acne, etc.)
I'm thinking that since I'm already ovulating, maybe clomid isn't right for me? Doesn't clomid just help you ovulate? I'm thinking of asking her to prescribe metformin for me to try instead...kind of hoping I can regulate my hormones and possibly lose a few pounds along with getting pregnant.
Any thoughts/suggestions? Any ideas of questions I should ask at my next appointment? Thanks!