Mommy to an Angel Baby... msdiva1922's Avatar
    Thanks

Crystal (30) Boo (46), Diagnosed with PCOS, 2005, August 2011 began Met
    BFP 10/17/2011!! M/C 10/29-31 at 5wks 3days...Hidden Content , HSG 7/2012--ALL CLEAR!
    1st Cycle (7/12) 100 mg. Clomid 5-9--No response, 2nd Cycle (8/12) 100 mg Clomid 4-8+Follistim+Ovidrel=Please God! *praying*
    Hidden Content
    Mark 11:24 - Therefore I say to you whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Interesting. I wish it had mentioned what level is needed though. When I was prescribed Met, I was already taking B12 because I already had a deficiency. I wonder if I'm taking enough to cover the deficiency and the Met.

Thanks

I got a call from my doctor after my most recent labs. She was concerned about my B12 level. It is incredibly low. I am using B12 patches to help with this deficiency because I tend not to absorb well. I was told I needed to get my level back up in six weeks or they would have to start giving me the shots. Has anyone else gone through this? I have many of the symptoms listed in the article. Wondering if this happens to others and how they deal or dealt with is successfully.
    "There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I blogged about the problems I had with B12 absorption due to metformin use. The symptoms are awful and you should feel blessed that your doctor thought to test those levels. I have no evidence in my blood work of low B12 because I found info online and started taking B12 before I asked my doctor to check the levels. I was taking like 10000mcg a day, and my level was low for someone who had been taking that much B12, and my doctor did admit that my B12 level could have been low because my levels should have been off the charts for someone who had been taking that much B12. I did have vast symptom improvement just from taking boatloads of B12 orally. I recently learned that low B12 can damage the skin and cause you to have a positive ANA on a lupus panel. My symptoms were numbness and tingling in the fingers, stiff joints, tingling in the mouth, burning face, headache, trouble concentrating/focusing, extreme fatigue, and terrible GI problems that caused me to require an upper GI exam. There was no physical damage because it was low B12 and not reflux causing the discomfort. I still use sublingual B12, which is a small fruit flavored B12 supplement that dissolves under the tongue. I would accept the shots though, because the symptoms of low B12 suck severely.

Best Regards!
    Me: Monique (26) ~ PCOS/suspected IR DH: Matt (28) ~ Fan-bloody-tastic! Hidden Content
    DD Miciah-Sarai Born 5/14/2006 3rd Round of Clomid
    Hidden Content
    BFP 6/29/2012 After 2nd Round of Femara!
    EDD: 11 March 2013
    THANK YOU JESUS!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I am definitely going to ask my doctor about this next time I go in! And probably going to go ahead and start an over-the-counter B12 supplement... Thanks for the article.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I used to get weekly b12 shots, to help with weight loss, because it's helps with slow metabolism. and they weren't bad at all. I did notice increase in energy when i did get the shots. Now that I am on MET it makes me wonder what my current B12 levels are now that i'm on MET and pregnant with Twins. Thanks for posting this Article-
    Teressa
    Me(23)Hidden Content DH (24)
    DD conceived Naturally Feb. 2009
    DX-PCOS-IR Feb. 2011, after Mirena removed
    TTC#2 since Feb. 2011
    03-19-12-BFP, w/ 1000 mg Met, and 100 mg Clomid cd 5-9, prenatal, baby aspirinHidden Content
    Hidden Content