Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Random sharp pains in ovary?

I do not ovulate currently and I get these random sharp pains in my ovary. It will happen in any ovary, any time. Sometimes it only lasts for seconds and sometimes it last for minutes and turns into a throbbing, pulsing pain. Usually the ones that last only seconds hurt so bad I bend over and clutch that area of my body. And then it's gone and everything seems normal again. Has anybody experienced this and seen a doctor about it? I was wondering if it could be a cyst rupturing but I'd think it'd hurt for more than a few seconds.
    Anyway, I hope you ladies have some input for me! Thanks for reading
    Reyna (25) Hunky husband (29) Hidden Content
    TTC (between deployments) since 2009.
    Currently on Femara unmonitored & Metformin.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

That's how I feel when I ovulate. What makes you say you're not?
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

When I was in my teens, I'd get pains like this at random points in my cycle (I was on BCP then so very regular). The doctor I was seeing at the time said it was probably a small cyst (she couldn't feel them on a manual exam but never did ultrasound to see if I did have any) bursting.
    Married since 2005.
    Miscarriage 2005, DD born 2006, miscarriage 2007, no pregnancies since. TTC since June 2007.
    Diagnosed PCOS 2010.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had a blood test done and it said I haven't ovulated during that cycle. Also, I don't think my body is at the point where I ovulate or start my periods without provera monthly. I think I've ovulated before when I was younger, but that was a minor pinch in one ovary. This feels like an ovary being stabbed for a bit and then stopping. Except when it's one of the excessive throbbing ones it feels like it's beings stabbed over and over! lol
    Maybe, if I remember in 2 months, I'll ask my doctor at my appointment about a cyst bursting. It sounds awful, do you know if it is dangerous?

Thanks

Sounds like you're referring to a CD21 test... if you didn't have that 7 days after ovulation, it will more often than not say you didn't ovulate. Doctors do it on CD21 because they assume you ovulate on CD14. Most women don't, so if you ovulated on CD18 or CD20 or weren't going to ovulate until CD23, a test on CD21 will say no ovulation. Each month can be different - I was largely annovulatory for years but here and there I did have one sneak through. I see you are TTC, do you temp in the mornings? That'd be a good way to figure it out.

I don't think I've had one burst, except for ovulation. I went to the ER once thinking that I had one burst (and was fit to die) and they did an ultrasound which indicated that I had, in fact, ovulated. It was embarrassing because of course the ER doctor was young and handsome but so was the ultrasound tech and really, how embarrassing to show up in an ER for something your body is SUPPOSED to do??

Nowadays, well, in Jan and Feb I triggered my ovulation, so I knew it was going to happen. The pain still woke me out of a dead sleep in January, and in Feb it prevented me from standing up out of a chair for about 30 minutes. But at least I know I O'd - and my temps confirmed it within 3 days.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defygravity For This Useful Post:

ReynaAlc (04-21-2012)

Thanks

I have had the same pain for the past three weeks in my left ovary, but I've been had AF for the past 2 months. Mine generally lasts for minutes or hours. :/
    ~Kristi~
    OrthoTriCyclen Lo
    Anxiety

Thanks

i've had some pain like this for the last couple of days.
    I hope i ovulated.
    I also had some really light pink spotting on and off for two days only when i wiped. i wish i knew what was going on

Thanks

misskaleigh - Spotting isn't uncommon in ovulation. Temping can help identify if it's ovulation or not.

genti - you have been bleeding nonstop for 2 months? Have you called your doctor?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I need to get a thermometer!!! ahhh i knew i should have bought one, now it's gone and no more cramps really. i took a test today and it was neg.
    I'll wait a week and see what happens

Thanks

If you've already ovulated, an OPK will be negative and you won't have a shot for a +HPT for another 10-12 days or so. Hope you've DTD in the days before the pain!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

We've DTD pretty much every other day at a minimum for the past month so hopefully we caught an egg if i ovulated!!! my best friend just gave birth yesterday so i'm so ready to get that bfp now

Thanks

defy - i have called my dr, but they want to put me on the nuvaring and i am not comfortable with that. he always assumes i need a new BCP and gives me 1mg estradiol to take when it goes on like this. this time the estradiol isn't even working. i will be calling again tomorrow.
    ~Kristi~
    OrthoTriCyclen Lo
    Anxiety

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by genti271 View Post
    defy - i have called my dr, but they want to put me on the nuvaring and i am not comfortable with that. he always assumes i need a new BCP and gives me 1mg estradiol to take when it goes on like this. this time the estradiol isn't even working. i will be calling again tomorrow.
    I'm not sure how to regulate long-term bleeding without BCP, honestly. Doesn't mean it can't be done, just means I don't know how. My sister is a heavy bleeder and will bleed for weeks at a time - through diapers - if she isn't on birth control.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry I haven't replied! I hope I have ovulated. Though sometimes the pain I am speaking of happens more than once a month, sometimes happens once a week which lead me to believe it wasn't ovulation.
    Thanks for all of the replies!

Thanks

I'm hoping I felt implantation at 6dpo ovulation!!! I'm testing next week so maybe i'll get a BFP!