Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default BBT Chart Question

I got my very first positive on an OPK on Friday! I was SO excited... I can't imagine what I'll feel like when I see a BFP one day. So, after my first possible ovulation, DH and I did the dance all weekend and I began what I thought would be the 2WW. But, I'm worried that my OPK may have been false because my temp hasn't risen yet; in fact, it was super low this morning.

I'm still learning about temping, and I am going crazy wondering if this possible O was the real thing, so I need your help. My chart is below to look at... does my lack of temp rise mean that I didn't ovulate this weekend??

My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2bde

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

i think you could have Oed today. A positive opk mean you could O up to i think its 72hr later ... based on temps only if your temp is up tomorrow then O was today .... put in a few fake temps for the next 3days (high ones) and see what it does.
    Dx (finally) ~ 2002
    TTC ~ 2.5 yrs for #1 - 8 months for #2 - 2yrs #3 for 3yrs
    Clomid, Met., Asprin, Pre-seed, temping Fermera and IUI & lots of OPK'S/HPTs

~ Baby girl Jan 11, 2007
    ~ Baby girl Dec 3, 2008 ~ TWINSSSSSSS b/g July 19, 2013!!!
    ~ angel baby, Jan 20/06~ angel baby Sept 18/07~ angel baby Dec 8/09

AFTER 11YRS OF TTC OUR FAMILY IS NOW COMPLETE!!!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

You could O today - or it could have been a random LH surge. They happen, unfortunately, in PCOS women. Keep an eye on your temps the next few days. It's possible that today is your day.

Side note, are you temping at the same time each day? You have a few open circles - one on a particularly high day...
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,943 Times in 2,270 Posts

You should O 1-3 days AFTER you + opk. A + OPK does not = O that day necessarily. So at this point it sounds like with the temp drop yesterday that could have been the day. What did your temps do today?
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

JennyJo, I agree with PP that if that +OPK was pre-Ov, then your temps should rise by tomorrow if you Ov'd, but you may want to consider having your thyroid checked as your "average" BBT seems to be fairly low. Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) could make getting pregnant and sustaining a pregnancy harder, so it's worth having it checked.

Thanks

Thanks, everyone! Today, my temp was still pretty low (96.2). Maybe no O for me this time-- again. I'm keeping up hope for tomorrow... but this is really depressing me. I cried today when I saw my thermometer. It makes me feel pathetic to cry over something like that.

Defy, I take my temperature at 6:00 am and I am pretty good at doing it at the same time each day. The two open circles this cycle are from when I was out of town and staying in a hotel. That especially high one is likely wrong; I woke up sweating in the hotel room and it was around 7:30am. The other one is close to right... I think it was like 6:45 when I took it that day.

Harley, I asked my OB/Gyn to test my thyroid last month when I went in for blood glucose tests because of my low temps. They came back "normal" according to the nurse, but I would love to know more about what the numbers mean if any of you can tell me more. My TSH was 0.962 and my Thyroid Peroxidases (TPB) Ab was <10.0. I think this is at the lower end of normal.

I really feel that my thyroid function isn't right, based on my symptoms, but without abnormal blood work, my doc doesn't seem to care.
    Last edited by JennyJo; 04-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wow, if your TSH was 0.962, that's really not bad at all. Definitely not hypo! I have hypo and my Endo and RE both said the want to see TSH between 1 and 2 and the RE said even a little under 1 wouldn't be a bad thing. When it's hypo and out of wack, doctors will say it's normal in the 3 range when you might not feel so well with that level, so that's what you need to look out for. but .962 is considered great as far as I know!
    "..the only way to achieve the impossible, is to believe it's possible." ~Alice in Wonderland
    Me- 31 Husband- 41 (married 10 years)
    TTC 10 years- trying to adopt now

DX: Hypothyroid, Gastroparesis, Insulin Resistance, PCOS, Endometriosis (in 2004), Unicornuate Uterus

Thanks

Esmy, I'm glad to hear that! I was worried it may be too low, indicating hyperthyroidism. My doc says it's fine. I think I just want to be diagnosed with SOMETHING besides PCOS to know for sure what is causing the problem. My PCOS was diagnosed based on my LH:FSH levels, which doesn't really tell me anything about what I can expect when TTC and can't be fixed with a pill.

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,943 Times in 2,270 Posts

That number for your thyroid is good. It has to be closer to 0 to be hyper and over 3- like pp said to be seen as hypo. My previous doc said it had to be over 5 and closer to 10 for them to consider hypo- but that was a little high in my opinion not to treat it. Before I got pg with my son mine went from 1.6 to 2.6 to 0.8 within a month's time and they thought that was normal.
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Dang Katie! I was in a drunken state when my level was 4. something!! I think I'd be in a coma if it hit 10!!! lol

Jenny, have you had a vag ultrasound where they can actually see the cysts? Have they done extensive tests to rule out other fertility issues, such as the dye test where they run dye up your uterus into your tubes and make sure they are both clear? How about ruling out endometriosis (I had a laparoscopy to look for that and anything else visually that could present a problem)? Hopefully PCOS is the only thing you do have because I promise you, you don't want any more than that. It may seem like it would be good to have an answer, but it would make it even harder if you had other factors!
    "..the only way to achieve the impossible, is to believe it's possible." ~Alice in Wonderland
    Me- 31 Husband- 41 (married 10 years)
    TTC 10 years- trying to adopt now

DX: Hypothyroid, Gastroparesis, Insulin Resistance, PCOS, Endometriosis (in 2004), Unicornuate Uterus

Thanks

I haven't had either of those tests. I know that I don't WANT to have some other problem... I just want to know if I do or don't, ya know? I know it's not feasible to be tested for everything, but I just feel so paranoid not knowing what's causing my anovulation and so depressed that I don't know what to do to fix it.

Thanks

You don't have to do all of those - I'd recommend the HSG and the SA though. You don't want to go through the hoops to ovulate only to find out your tubes are closed or DH has swimmer issues. It's really a question of what will set your mind at ease. You could talk with your doctor about starting Clomid or Femara, start it, and see how it goes. You could get pregnant within a couple cycles with no problem. You could NOT get pregnant and THEN try the HSG/SA, but if you find out there is a problem would you be upset that you spent those earlier cycles with no chance of success?

I would skip the lap unless you have reason to believe endo is an issue.

It can be an overwhelming process at times. Has your doctor mentioned Clomid or Femara?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

My next appointment is in June. I will ask for SA for SURE and talk to her about the other tests. I hate having to wait so long for an appointment. She hasn't said anything about Clomid or Femara, but I know she wants me to wait longer before worrying about medicating. In June she should be more willing to help me.

Thanks

The waiting definitely sucks. I don't remember having to wait quite that long, but I know it was a good 3 weeks or so. Those weeks were worse than any TWW I've had. But after I met with my RE for the first time and got a plan together, it was a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm sorry you have to wait, but I hope it gains you peace of mind.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Jenny: I noticed on your past 2 charts that AF was really light. Is that normal for you? I would ask your doc about it. You could be lacking estrogen which could explain your light periods and lack of ovulation. Just a thought.
    Me:30 Hidden Content DH:29
    Diagnosed with PCOS: December 2010
    Metformin 1500mg
    DD: Born 9/18/2012 Soy Iso's 160mg CD 3-7, 40mg CD 8-12, NPC
    #2 due: April 30th 2014

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content