Registered User previouslybutterfly3861's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone have a DH with low motility get a BFP without IUI??

Hey everybody. DH and I are TTC #2. We just started last month. I am using femara because that's what works best for me. We got DS from 10mg of femara and IUI. DH has low motility. He was at 34% last month on his SA. He has had slightly better ones in the past but not much more than 40% and normal is above 60%. Everything else with him is good # and morph. He has forward progression etc. Our past RE that I saw told us that IUI was necessary and we did 9 of them before we got DS. We had insurance that covered 100% so that wasn't bad...but now we don't have insurance that covers 100%. My current gyn that I work with does IUI but says it's not necessary (necessarily). I am moving to a RE probably soon because of the office hours that she has (they don't work with my body LOL)...so do you think with the motility issue we should try for a few months without IUI or not? Anyone successful without it?
    Me (Robin) -29, DH-41
    MC 3/10 @ 6 weeks
    DS- Elias Antonio Hidden Content born 1/2/11 @ 32w3d due to pre-e (conceived with 10mg femara + IUI (13th cycle of femara)
    Baby #2 conceived cycle #4- 7.5 mg femara +1000mg Royal Jelly, O CD 16, TI= BFP 7/22/12Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

YES it seems and I hope you don't get offended but alot of hispanics suffer this issue. I mean I have 2 friends and a sister in law including my husband that had this issue. They all take vitamins I looked up on the internet to help with them. My husband had motility and morphology issues. He takes Seleium, B12, C&E, and Zinc. The first month after he took them I got pregnant not with IUI but with TI. I am not saying it was a magic vitamin that did the trick I am only sharing my experience. I was doing injections as well. My comadre she got pregnant 2 months after my compadre was on the vitamins ( I think the second month he got serious and never missed dosages LOL) and she was on soy. He actually went to the doctor and had test ran as well to pinpoint what the issue was. Also the changing of the underware did HELP alot. With our husbands working hard out in the sun all day and wearing those bikni type underware they were holding the testicles up close to the body and in extreme hot enviroment didn't allow them to drop and grow properly and of course be sluggish and not want to move. Any way maybe try some vitamins over the counter I buy them at walmart.
    (Me) 43 (hubby) 33 Hidden Content 13 years strong
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years
    Alexander born 8/8/2013 Hidden Content

Thanks

This is what I went by their defination why I chose the ones I did...

Vitamin C
    Studies have reported that insufficient amounts of vitamin C in a man's diet can lead to sperm cells to clump together, thus inhibiting motility of sperm cells and causing infertility. Smokers, who have high amounts of abnormally formed sperm cells, can benefit from the beneficial effects of vitamin C in helping neutralize the toxic effects of cigarette smoke on the sperm. Vitamin C is a water soluble anti-oxidant and protects fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A and E from being oxidized. So it works best when taken in combination with other anti-oxidants.

Vitamin E
    Male vitamins contain natural Vitamin E because this vitamin is essential for male fertility and reproduction. It is known from clinical studies that a lack of vitamin E may compromise the formation of sperm. Supplementation with Vitamin E may also aid in improving sperm motility. Talk to your doctor prior to starting Vitamin E, particularly if you are currently taking aspirin or other blood thinners.

Selenium
    A diet low in selenium in males can be related to infertility. Selenium is a mineral that has anti-oxidant properties and protects the cell membrane of the spermatic cells from oxidization. Selenium is an activating component of the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which protects your cells from free radical damage. This mineral works synergistically with other vitamins like vitamin E and Vitamin A.

Zinc
    This mineral is essential for male fertility because a lack of zinc lowers testosterone. Low testosterone in males can affect the health of the sperm cells. It takes at least one year to restore a zinc deficiency and restore healthy levels of testosterone and increase sperm count.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Chula...it's nice to know that it might just be in his DNA. He had several tests with a urologist when TTC # 1 but they couldn't find any hormonal or structural reason for it to be low. He has been on a reproductive vitamin for 3 months. It has all of those ingrediants plus L-cartenine, which is supposed to help motility as well. Nice to know we might get lucky with TI before spending all of our life savings We did TI last month and will this month too.
    Me (Robin) -29, DH-41
    MC 3/10 @ 6 weeks
    DS- Elias Antonio Hidden Content born 1/2/11 @ 32w3d due to pre-e (conceived with 10mg femara + IUI (13th cycle of femara)
    Baby #2 conceived cycle #4- 7.5 mg femara +1000mg Royal Jelly, O CD 16, TI= BFP 7/22/12Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh and DH has also switched to wearing boxers...but he's not out in the heat anyway he's a corrections officer.
    Me (Robin) -29, DH-41
    MC 3/10 @ 6 weeks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by previouslybutterfly3861 View Post
    Oh and DH has also switched to wearing boxers...but he's not out in the heat anyway he's a corrections officer.
    My hubby is that is why it was important for him to change now he says he could NEVER go back to the cutsie bikini ones HAHAHA
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by previouslybutterfly3861 View Post
    Oh I meant "our" meaning my friends and compadre
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chula View Post
    This is what I went by their defination why I chose the ones I did...

Vitamin C
    Studies have reported that insufficient amounts of vitamin C in a man's diet can lead to sperm cells to clump together, thus inhibiting motility of sperm cells and causing infertility. Smokers, who have high amounts of abnormally formed sperm cells, can benefit from the beneficial effects of vitamin C in helping neutralize the toxic effects of cigarette smoke on the sperm. Vitamin C is a water soluble anti-oxidant and protects fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A and E from being oxidized. So it works best when taken in combination with other anti-oxidants.

Vitamin E
    Male vitamins contain natural Vitamin E because this vitamin is essential for male fertility and reproduction. It is known from clinical studies that a lack of vitamin E may compromise the formation of sperm. Supplementation with Vitamin E may also aid in improving sperm motility. Talk to your doctor prior to starting Vitamin E, particularly if you are currently taking aspirin or other blood thinners.

Selenium
    A diet low in selenium in males can be related to infertility. Selenium is a mineral that has anti-oxidant properties and protects the cell membrane of the spermatic cells from oxidization. Selenium is an activating component of the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which protects your cells from free radical damage. This mineral works synergistically with other vitamins like vitamin E and Vitamin A.

Zinc
    This mineral is essential for male fertility because a lack of zinc lowers testosterone. Low testosterone in males can affect the health of the sperm cells. It takes at least one year to restore a zinc deficiency and restore healthy levels of testosterone and increase sperm count.
    Does your husband take these vitamins along with a multi vitamin or just these?
    Lonny (36) + Dh (39)
    DD- 19
    M/c 2004
    Hidden Content - BFP July 5th- Third cycle of femara Hidden Content this baby sticks
    It's TWINS!!!! Seen two little perfect babies on 8/30/12
    It's a BOY & a GIRL!!!!! 9/28/12 My babies are here.. Born 2/25/13 @ 12:50 & 12:56pm 38 weeks 1 day
    Twins soon to be 2 yrs
    TTC # 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twilightnight View Post
    Does your husband take these vitamins along with a multi vitamin or just these?
    Just these because I felt what they did addressed the issues he was having.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks

A lil more read/info:

Why Vitamins?

Vitamins are the building blocks of male fertility, providing proper nutrients to your reproductive system. Vitamins optimize semen levels in the testes, repair dysfunctional sperm cells, and increase the motility of sperm cells, decreasing conception time. If you are not consuming adequate amounts of vitamins, your fertility levels will suffer. Enhance your results by adding these vitamins to your diet:

1. Zinc.

Sperm depends on Zinc to keep its DNA structure safe from DNA damage. According to a study reported in the International Journal of Andrology, sufficient zinc supplementation also significantly improved sperm production, motility, and quality in all male participants, allowing the testes to create more semen. Numerous studies show zinc deficiency is linked to low male fertility, poor sperm motility, and DNA damage in sperm cells. This is why it is important to eat enough Zinc. Without zinc, your fertility suffers. Try incorporating zinc into your diet by taking a multivitamin or eating foods rich in zinc. Foods rich in zinc, such as oysters or pine nuts, supply enough zinc for men to maintain healthy male fertility levels.

2. Vitamin E.

This vitamin is typically used to treat saggy, dry skin, but Vitamin E also treats male infertility. Several studies, including studies conducted on humans and animals, conclude that Vitamin E increases the quality and frequency of sperm. Antioxidants present in the vitamin also increase male fertility by decreasing free radical damage. Free radicals are the main cause of cell damage, and to a further extent, increase reproductive cancers. Vitamin E reduces sperm damage while allowing the male reproductive system to produce more sperm. This dramatically increasing male fertility. Want to increase your Vitamin E intake? Many fertility experts suggest taking up to 1,000mg of Vitamin E per day. Get your daily dose of Vitamin E by eating vitamin rich foods such as dark green vegetables, tree nuts, and fortified cereals. Vitamin E is very easy to incorporate into your diet and helps maintain healthy fertility levels.

3. Vitamin C.

There is ample evidence that Vitamin C increases male fertility by decreasing "sticky sperm", a condition where sperm sticks to each other and reduces sperm count and quality. Vitamin C aids in separating sperm molecules, increasing sperm volume. Other evidence suggests that infertile men have low Vitamin C levels in the male reproductive system, and increasing it will improve fertility issues. Many men were able to conceive once upping their Vitamin C intake. Increase your Vitamin C intake by consuming foods rich in Vitamin C, such as oranges, broccoli, hot peppers, and potatoes. Most fruits contain enough Vitamin C to fuel your entire day. Physicians recommend up to 1,000mg of Vitamin C per day to heal male fertility levels.

Many of the foods listed also increase your general health, aiding fertility. Eat a diet rich in dark, leafy greens, fruits, and whole grains to naturally increase these levels. This will enhance the results from male fertility supplements, such as our top ranked supplement Volume Pills.
    DD-Jessica 23
    Emiliano 2 years

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Chula!
    Me (Robin) -29, DH-41
    MC 3/10 @ 6 weeks