Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default TURMERIC helped me

Please don't give up, I have felt and been in the same shoes you are in and I have researched and tried to find something that was better than all the side effects. I have been on metformin and spironolactone and quit taking them because of side effects and research I found on spironolactone causing tumors in rats when tested. Years I too have suffered and was ready to give up on life. I was so depressed and isolation made it worse. Just within the last month I found my cure. I found TURMERIC and it is awesome just after the first day. I am also taking WOMEN'S ULTRA MEGA MENOPAUSE multipack vitamins from GNC and I feel sooo much better even though I am only 27. Ya it was embarrassing having to buy them knowing they were for me but, I no longer cared and wanted relief. Please try it and do not give up hope. You are not going through something for you, it is for someone else. I am praying for you and do not give up hope. It is sooo noticeable the weight that is gone from taking both supplements!! I feel like my old self again.
    Live, Laugh, Love & Dream Big! Life is too short!

LourissaHidden Content

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lourissa For This Useful Post:

beauty1216 (07-17-2012),Dior (07-27-2012),mandypandy214 (07-17-2012),sheenab (07-30-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

what is turmeric?

Thanks

The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer's disease.
    Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
    1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
    2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
    3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
    4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
    5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
    6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
    7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
    8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
    9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
    10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
    11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
    12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.

13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression. 14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
    15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
    16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
    17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
    18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
    19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
    20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
    Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most health food stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.
    Once you start using turmeric on a regular basis, it's fun to find new ways to use it in recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to egg salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the egg salad a rich yellow hue.
    Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...-turmeric.html

The anti inflammatory effects of this natural supplement are potent and help with all the water retention related to PCOS, such as swelling of the stomach and severe weight gain as well as depression. When you get to the source in the ovaries it is like a domino effect and helps with all the other potential issues that go along with PCOS. I have found it to be extremely helpful.

LourissaHidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lourissa For This Useful Post:

sheenab (07-30-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

how long have you been using it? is it something i can find anywhere?

Thanks

I have been using it about a week or more and cannot believe how much more energy I have now among other things. Ya at any health food store, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, internet.

LourissaHidden Content

Thanks

How much do you take daily?
    Me (32) DH (36) married 9-00
    DD - 10
    DD - 8
    TTC #3 since 2007 Rarely had AF till Low-carb diet
    Missed Miscarriage - May 2012
    Dx: PCOS - IR - thin (as long as I low-carb)
    Vit's: Baby Aspirin, Royal Jelly, Inositol, NAC, Pre-Natal, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium...lots of pills.
    Started low-carb diet September 2011, Zumba 4 times a week, running 9-12 miles a week.
    By February 2012 Lost 36 pounds!

Thanks

I bought the Swanson brand and you take 2 once a day.

LourissaHidden Content

Thanks

You can find it in supermarkets or Indian food stores.

Very cheap.

You can take it as a seasoning with food (salad dressings, in rice, soups, curries and even pasta).

It is also not bad disolved in a little bit of warm milk.
    M.

Meds: Only natural supplements, healthy eating & exercise

Hidden Content

Registered User katrinalouise2888's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much for posting this. I wanted something natural to try. I havent been on anymedications for my PCOS other than birth control, and this sounds like one of the most real.

Thanks

Thanks for the post

Thanks

Do you use the one in the jar, or fresh tumeric?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You know...I'm really, really sceptical about this type of thing. Has anyone actually talked to their doctor (A medical doctor, not a naturopath or a homeopath) about this? Self medicating with vitamins and random herbs/spices can be down right dangerous.

Thanks

I just got Metformin subscribed, but I already cook quite a lot with turmeric and with cinnamon, since I love to cook Indian dishes which contain these herbs often. So now I think I'll be shaking those herb shakers even more when I cook! My doctor told me that, as long as I don't take it as supplements but just cook with it, it would normally not interfere with the Metformin. Thanks for the information!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to appelmoes For This Useful Post:

hammonks (07-28-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parsimony View Post
    You know...I'm really, really sceptical about this type of thing. Has anyone actually talked to their doctor (A medical doctor, not a naturopath or a homeopath) about this? Self medicating with vitamins and random herbs/spices can be down right dangerous.
    How many people do you know that have died from vitamins? I am guessing not many, in case you didn't know over 200,000 people die a year from pharmaceutical drugs and in over 20 years less than 10 supposed deaths from vitamins, but they were not actually proven to be from vitamins. I personally would trust a naturopath doctor over a medical doctor anyday. I got that info from watching "food matters" its a good documentary.

Thanks

Any kind of supplementation should be reported to your doctor--and taking cinnamon or turmeric at levels considered medicinal can be problematic if you don't do your homework on food/drug interactions.

I do actually know of a woman who died from drinking grapefruit juice--she was on medication to regulate her heart rate (had tachycardia) and went on a 'grapefruit diet'--dropped dead of a massive heart attack in our offices during a meeting. Her potassium levels dropped to almost nil in a dramatically short period of time. She was trying to lose weight and read about it on the internet.

Cinnamon CAN help lower blood sugar--a sprinkling on a cup of coffee is enough for a therapeutic dose. If someone is on medication to lower their blood sugars, this is a no-no unless that person WANTS to experience a hypoglycemic episode.

Turmeric can cause impaction of the bile duct in someone with high cholesterol who is also on a cholesterol-lowering drug; it can also cause impaction of the hepatic duct in someone who has had their gallbladder removed.

Artichokes eaten in excess (or any of the herbal preparations for 'cleansing the liver') can cause a sudden massive excretion of cholesterol crystals into the gallbladder, which will require removal of the gallbladder in order to alleviate the pain. Your digestion will never be the same.

I know--in the most painful of ways--that all of these are true, because they all happened to me or someone I knew.

If you read something on the Internet that sounds like a 'simple solution you can do yourself', DO YOUR HOMEWORK and ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT POSSIBLE INTERACTIONS WITH YOUR CURRENT MEDICATIONS before trying it.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LindaHelen For This Useful Post:

bibzy (06-21-2013),Blessed 1 (09-19-2013),hammonks (04-01-2013),Kathryn M (07-10-2013),sheenab (07-30-2013),Stepho725 (03-09-2013),vinogradovh (03-12-2013)