Thanks

Default 2 periods back to back - just started clomid

Can anyone help?
    I have just started My first round of clomid and have finished 5 days of taking it. My doctor told me to start it on day 1 and finish it on day 5. My period was fairly light for first 5 days ( light for me anyway). I thought it was coming to an end on day 5 as hardly anything but today day 6 it seems to have started again and is now heavy plus the usual cramp.

It is like I have a whole new period.
    i am due to have day 21 progesterone blood test this month and now am not sure whether this will affect when I should have that??? Can anyone give me any advice? Is this normal when starting clomid ?
    I guess I need to speak to my doctor about it but wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar.

Thanks

hi i am new to this cite but have known about it for a while i dont know if there is any one who could help me but i am 23 yrs of age an have recently been diagnosed with pcos since discovering this i have attempted to lose weight i am 5 ft 3 an was 145 pounds i read that weight lost can help fertility i am now 126 pounds within two mnths i ran regularly swim an gym plus i took chromium as well as a liver cleanser while on yasmin to help i went to the doctor today an he did a scan and he saw that i still had cyst on my ovaries i get my period evey mnth have no other symptoms except mild acne but my cycle use to be every 21 days now it is every 26 days but i dont think that i ovulate can someone plz help me y are my cyst still there when i have tried so hard to shrink them i am frustrated my doctor said i wont go back to my normal 21 days cycle becuz yasmin will regulate it to 26 to 28 days but i am no longer on yasmin as of 4 weeks now so why has nothing change some one plz help me.btw i had my first kid at 18 an had an abortion at 20 before i knew i had pcos an both were unplanned

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marypoppins View Post
    Can anyone help?
    I have just started My first round of clomid and have finished 5 days of taking it. My doctor told me to start it on day 1 and finish it on day 5. My period was fairly light for first 5 days ( light for me anyway). I thought it was coming to an end on day 5 as hardly anything but today day 6 it seems to have started again and is now heavy plus the usual cramp.

It is like I have a whole new period.
    i am due to have day 21 progesterone blood test this month and now am not sure whether this will affect when I should have that??? Can anyone give me any advice? Is this normal when starting clomid ?
    I guess I need to speak to my doctor about it but wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar.
    Not sure that would be because of the Clomid - were the first 5 days heavy enough to require some sort of protection (tampon, pad)?

Also, be wary about a CD21 blood test. If you don't ovulate on CD14, your doctor will likely tell you that the cycle is a bust. That test needs to be drawn 7dpo, and many women here ovulate later on Clomid, somewhere in the CD18-24 range. What many of us do is BBT temp/chart, and then call the doctor when we ovulate to schedule the "CD21" test - even if it ends up being on CD35.

Quote Originally Posted by sissy View Post
    hi i am new to this cite but have known about it for a while i dont know if there is any one who could help me but i am 23 yrs of age an have recently been diagnosed with pcos since discovering this i have attempted to lose weight i am 5 ft 3 an was 145 pounds i read that weight lost can help fertility i am now 126 pounds within two mnths i ran regularly swim an gym plus i took chromium as well as a liver cleanser while on yasmin to help i went to the doctor today an he did a scan and he saw that i still had cyst on my ovaries i get my period evey mnth have no other symptoms except mild acne but my cycle use to be every 21 days now it is every 26 days but i dont think that i ovulate can someone plz help me y are my cyst still there when i have tried so hard to shrink them i am frustrated my doctor said i wont go back to my normal 21 days cycle becuz yasmin will regulate it to 26 to 28 days but i am no longer on yasmin as of 4 weeks now so why has nothing change some one plz help me.btw i had my first kid at 18 an had an abortion at 20 before i knew i had pcos an both were unplanned
    I'm not sure what it is you're looking for but I think you want to know why you still have cysts? Are you sure that you do? If you're cycling regularly, those are probably follicles and are healthy. It's normal for your body to grow follicles each month because that's what causes you to ovulate. Follicles and cysts look exactly the same on an ultrasound. If you want to confirm that you're ovulating, please search around the board for threads about BBT or "temping". That's the best way to find out if ovulation is occurring.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content