Thanks

Lightbulb Peppermint/Spearmint Tea & Hormones

So, lately, I've been drinking spearmint tea, or a blend of peppermint and spearmint tea. It's weird, one day, I got the biggest craving for spearmint. So, I bought tea, and later read that spearmint and peppermint can help with PCOS. I've been drinking this for about 2 mons. on average 2x daily. I also take cinnamon and flaxseed oil. I'm hoping maybe the combo of these things will bring on normal cycles, but so far, nothing so last month I used prog cream to give me a cycle as it was going on my 3rd month w/o one. AF ended a week ago. Today and yesterday, I've been having these yuck feelings. I think it's a good sign b/c I always used to get them a week before my period - never at this time, though. Does this mean my hormones are sorting themselves out or what does it mean? KWIM by yuck feelings? It's like I'm very sensitive to things. The tea I noticed heightens these feelings.

I hope the tea will be of some use other than staining my teeth, lol. It's supposed to, at the least, help with irregular hair growth. I've been depressed lately because at 31 for the past several months I've had bouts of major vaginal dryness and just less vaginal discharge than normal. I feel like my reproductive system is shuttering at times, though I think the vaginal dryness could be caused by changes in progesterone as I really notice it when I've done things that triggered prog production, or reduced it (raspberry leaf, prog cream). So, I'm glad that I have these yuck feelings. I associate them with normal periods, periods I always used to have. I wish I could understand my body as anytime I think I've made progress w/PCOS, I get new changes or symptoms... Could these feelings have something to do with ovulation? IDK if I'm ovulating or not. I think not b/c medicines that make me ovulate cause severe mood changes in me, not to mention rapid heartbeat and other changes. Sorry so long. Guess I'm just spelling out some of my thoughts lately.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Its spearmint that is supposed to be the best, less-so peppermint. My understanding is that it regulates your hormones or reduceds androgens, one of the two (or both). I'm on one cup a day now, and am trying to work my way up to 2. I've been making so many changes in my life style, and taking different supplements. That I really don't know if its helping or not ( something is). All I can say is that it hasn't hurt anything.

Thanks

Eeee I got moved. I thought about putting this thread down here to begin with. Hope tea becomes my "remedy." It's better than pills. :-) Anyway, ^^ thanks for your input, Parsimony. Glad to know it's helping you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maiseycat View Post
    Eeee I got moved. I thought about putting this thread down here to begin with. Hope tea becomes my "remedy." It's better than pills. :-) Anyway, ^^ thanks for your input, Parsimony. Glad to know it's helping you.
    LOL sorry, can't keep my mitts from moving posts around

I just recently started drinking spearmint tea again, I tried before but didn't like the taste much but now I have found a blend of herbs i really like- I take a big heaping portion of spearmint a little less of peppermint sprinkle in some fenugreek and 4-6 cinnamon sticks then I add two and a half measurements of water from my big mug and let it come to a boil for a little while for 10 -15 minutes, then i take it off the burner and let it cool for a couple of minutes put 1-4 green tea bags (depends on how awake I want to be) in my huge mug then strain the mixture through a tea sieve I bought. After one and a half minutes I remove the green tea bags and squeeze the life out of them into my mug. I save the leftover liquid for drinking later. As you can see I don't really measure I just eye it.

Most studies I have read were regarding spearmint. Spearmint by itself makes me gag and I find my home made blend to taste quite nice,the fenugreek and cinnamon really make the house smell great, the maple like flavor of the fenugreek also means I don't need any sugar.

I am not TTC (too old for that) I am hoping this helps me with my excessive hair problem. Will try to post later if i see results or if i don't or if i get sick of my tea blend and give up.

Cheers!
    Last edited by etuc; 11-07-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Old and forgetful
    Hidden Content
    “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger." Dalai Lama XIV
    "That which you manifest is before you." from The Art of Racing in the Rain - my new favorite book!