Thanks

Default Spearmint Tea Results

I have been drinking at least 2-3 very large mugs of very strong spearmint, fenugreek, cinnamon tea and peppermint (just for the taste) since about Nov. 2nd. I'll try to check in here every few weeks to give an update on any changes positive or negative. I have no idea what my testosterone levels were when I started.

So far it seems that my facial hair is growing slower than it used to and I've lost about 15 pounds - that could be because I've been very stressed combined with working my butt off packing and fixing the house getting ready to move.

I'm worried about how I will prepare my tea next week when I drive across the US to my new place, I like to let it boil for a long time and it doesn't really come out well in a coffee maker. I really don't want to miss 8 or 9 days of my tea concoction.

Anybody else have results from drinking spearmint tea?
    Hidden Content
    “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger." Dalai Lama XIV
    "That which you manifest is before you." from The Art of Racing in the Rain - my new favorite book!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

One of my friends told me about this, but I have not tried it yet. I am wanting to try it tho. Good Luck.

Thanks

I have used herbal teas for years, though I haven't used spearmint for this yet. One thing to note about making an herbal tea is that if you want the full benefit the measurements and process is slightly different than the way you make a normal tea. The first thing to note is that you are dealing with two types of tea, a infusion and a decoction.

An infustion involves any herb that's part of a plants leaves or flowers. Spearmint, peppermint ad fenugreek are among these.
    For an infusion you need 4 tablespoon (yes, that's tablespoon; not teaspoon) to one quart of water. One quart is considered to be a serving size for one day. You can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
    Pour boiling water over the herbs and let it sit for 30 minutes.

A decoction is what you make from any part of the plant that's a bark, root, berry, or seed (technically anything that would be considered a spice). Once again use 1 quart of water, 1 tablespoon of herbs, but this time you place them in a pot together on the stove, and simmer them until the water is reduced by half. Decoctions are kind of a pain in the ass so I only make them for 'special occasions' so to say.

Thanks

Yesterday AM I shaved early, this AM my facial hair is about where it would have been by yesterday evening, so it certainly feels like progress so far.

Juleo I boil it for about 20-30 minutes (sometimes longer) because I find that fits my routine and my taste, when I tried it as an infusion it tasted weak to me and the fenugreek doesn't seem to add anything, but bringing it to a boil brings all the taste to right where I like it. The fenugreek seeds add a maple-like flavor I love when boiled. One of these days I will try to measure out all my ingredients, but right now I just eye it since my measuring spoons are all packed, I would guess I am using at least 6-8 tablespoons of spearmint per quart, around 4 TBS of peppermint, 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and 4-6 sticks of cinnamon. I bring that to a boil and then let it simmer on the burner for at least 20 minutes, the product i end up with needs no sugar and looks a lot like coffee.

I should mention a couple of things about what fenugreek seems to be doing for me, my sweat now smells like maple (I love maple) and my breasts are filling out a little. The one I call my "sock puppet" because it is smaller and more tubular than the other (looked like a tube sock full of sand) is filling my bra cup much better. Usually when I lose weight my breasts seem to be the first to shrink (so sad) but my cups are starting to runneth over. I am so pleased the weight loss hasn't shrunk the girls!
    Hidden Content
    “Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger." Dalai Lama XIV
    "That which you manifest is before you." from The Art of Racing in the Rain - my new favorite book!

Thanks

Maple scented sweat? That's awesome! I might need to look into this... I wouldn't be much for the boob grow though... My boobs are also pretty big, but they aren't shrinking from weight loss either... Not that I'm complaining. I just am at the limit of Victoria's Secret cup range as it is.

Thanks

Very interesting! I might have to try it. I'm tired of shaving 2x a day.

Read our story Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Dallas born at 30wks 3/22/12

Thanks

I shaved around 9AM this morning since I had people come over to help load up my stuff for the move, it's 7:30 PM now, my face almost feels like i just shaved, it used to be if I was going out I'd have to shave again by this time of night. Didn't have a chance to make any tea today so I am going to go get some now since this seems to be working!

My sock puppet boob is almost filling it's bra cup completely there's still little room in that sides cup, I have very lopsided breasts.

I weighed myself after they left - I was 262 at the end of September when my DH left to start his new job, I am now down to 237 some of that may be from sweating so much today but at least my sweat smells like maple. Not sure if the tea plays any part in my weight loss or not, but woot I have lost 25 pounds now! I never thought I would see the 230s again!

Slightly embarrassing fact (people will think why is she doing that?)- I can now put both arms down my pants and touch my knees. You know why I do that? Because I could never do that before! Not that I ever tried before but I had an itch on both knees earlier and scratching through the jeans wasn't working and my back is so sore from lifting so many heavy boxes that I didn't want to take them off to scratch that sounds like something a guy would say when his hands are down his pants but I swear I was scratching my knees! LOL I must be extra kooky today to admit that. I can also pull my pants off very easily without unzipping them.

Hope these reports help others and if you've tried it yourself feel free to join in!
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to etuc For This Useful Post:

kimberbee29 (08-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by etuc View Post
    Slightly embarrassing fact (people will think why is she doing that?)- I can now put both arms down my pants and touch my knees. You know why I do that? Because I could never do that before! Not that I ever tried before but I had an itch on both knees earlier and scratching through the jeans wasn't working and my back is so sore from lifting so many heavy boxes that I didn't want to take them off to scratch that sounds like something a guy would say when his hands are down his pants but I swear I was scratching my knees! LOL I must be extra kooky today to admit that. I can also pull my pants off very easily without unzipping them.
    Hey! Black Friday has come just in time for you to buy a new wardrobe! Be sure to buy clothing that's slightly to small. You'll shrink into it. ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JulieofDenial View Post
    Hey! Black Friday has come just in time for you to buy a new wardrobe! Be sure to buy clothing that's slightly to small. You'll shrink into it. ;-)
    Wish I had the time, but Friday I will be desperately searching for a Realtor since the one I was going to hire flaked out on me, it was my mistake giving her a second chance, now I have to do a last minute scramble. So frustrating!

Usually stress causes me to overeat, wonder if the tea is helping to squash my cravings, I'm not exactly eating healthy when I do eat, I am just not hungry or really interested in food like normal, I sure hope the disinterest in food keeps going when i am reunited with my DH.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Been a long time since I updated this. Spearmint has worked out pretty good, my unwanted hair growth is better than before I started the tea, I am pretty happy with the results though I still need to shave my face - just not as often. My arm hair (has never been shaved) even appears to have thinned out some, wish I had taken before and after pictures, it could be the arm hair appears to look better because it seems to be going grey or transparent. Over all I am pretty pleased with the results

I am not drinking as much of it as when I first started the thread, though I am making it much stronger.

Still adding fenugreek seeds, I LOVE them! Usually I put a bunch of fenugreek in water let it sit at room temp for varying amounts of time then boil it really well for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or so. then stir ip up a lot to get as much of the gooey stuff off the seeds then run it through a good strainer and set the thick liquid aside while I start my spearmint tea - adding fresh peppermint, basil, a little rosemary or whatever other herbs I feel like, sometimes I add rooibus tea or other flavored teas to the mix so I get some different tastes. Once that pot is boiled for awhile I drain and then mix with the fenugreek tea.

I started growing some fenugreek after the owner of the Indian food store where I buy bulk bags of it suggested it for an addition to salads, it's an interesting plant, glad he told me about eating it fresh grown. The little bit I grew on my balcony went to seed, the fresh seeds are yummy too! I don't think there is any way for me to grow and process enough of it to keep up with my tea making demands so I am glad I found a local small store owned by such a nice man that sells it for a reasonable price.

One pound bags of dried organic spearmint from Amazon is so much cheaper than buying at my local health food stores. Sorry local health food stores, I'd buy from you if you would come close to their price, I'm not willing to pay three to four times the price to fight traffic to pick it up from you!

Anybody else still using spearmint tea still? Have you noticed any difference?
    Hidden Content