Thanks

Default Two Periods in one month? or Short cycles

Well heres the deal.
    I had a cycle on October 30,2012 spotting then it started on October 31 2012.
    It stopped on November 3rd 2012. Which was early for me I usually bleed for 6 days.
    Well It started again on November 18,2012(CD19) and stopped November 23 2012.
    Okay then December 24 started spotting then started on December 25,2012(CD37).
    It stopped on December 27, 2012 which is early again. Well today January 11,2013(CD19). I
    started spotting. I wiped and it was obvious red blood that was this morning. Now It has
    stopped. It seems like on cd19 I always start bleeding again. Except for the December period.
    Normally I would call this bleeding in between periods, which has never been an issue for me.
    But it feels like real periods my breast would get tender and swell, sore nipples just like a regular
    cycle month. Last week I was emotional and crying alot also my breast got tender again. I am a little bloated
    and light cramps. So these cant be in between spotting. When I did have in between spootiing in the past. it was just spotting
    no pms symptoms at all. I am not on BC and not sexually active. I HAVENT HAD SEX IN OVER A YEAR,SO NO POSSIBLE PREGNANCY.
    The only change that happen was I started Metformin again after being without for a month due to insurance.
    Has this ever happen to you? or any ideas Im trying not to freak out Im scared.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarkiss99 For This Useful Post:

sparkles1 (02-11-2013)

Thanks

I have similar issues. I chart every vaginal bleeding event. I often have mid-cycle bleeding. I've also had vaginal bleeding that's lasted for months on three separate occasions. Two were chalked up to low thyroid hormones and the other I guessed was because of the PCOS. My suggestion is to speak to your physician about this. It could be a myriad of things, but most of them involve hormone imbalance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have this same problem and I did not know what to do. I was wondering if Birth control would help regulate my periods and if anyone else was having this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katebau View Post
    I have this same problem and I did not know what to do. I was wondering if Birth control would help regulate my periods and if anyone else was having this problem?
    Some people are fine on birth control and it helps them become regular. Unfortunately, I don't do well on birth control.

Thanks

I'm not sure what CD is, but metformin gave me 2 cycles a month. I was doing great on it for a couple of months, then, one month I got a period as normal at the beginning of the month. I got a second one only about a week after the first ended (It was near the end of the month that the second period started.). I got terrible moodswings with the second period. Met and maca both made me ovulate and both gave me moodswings. I noticed an immediate change in mood with maca but met didn't affect my moods until it gave me that month of 2 periods. They also sped up my heartrate at night which really frightened me.

I just took it as a sign that my body doesn't want to be forced to ovulate, so I'm not going to force it to do it. Right now, I've only been taking cinnamon (alternated with flaxseed oil) and drinking 2 cups of spearmint tea a day. I've had normal cycles 2 mons in a row. I'm not sure that I'm ovulating but *I think* I did these last 2 mons. I don't really care since I'm not TTC and there is no harm in your body not ovulating - it's actually better for your body since it reduces the chance of some cancers. But, I think I could be (ovulating).

I think met just works a little TOO well in some women, esp if you don't have insulin issues.

baby on the way Fairy_Godmother's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got this too! I bled really bad (like one week bleed, one week no bleed, one week again...) I had a 'break' of 2 weeks with no bleed, now I'm bleeding again. I get almost bedridden with the fatigue. No BCPs for me either, but I am TTC, and the bleeding really scares me. ;_;

I haven't had anything else looked at, but I had a blood test about 4-5 months ago, and an ultrasound, cysts probably aren't causing the bleed, but I'm getting really bad pains.

I'm getting a CT scan in a few weeks to see if my appendix is behaving badly, but this bleeding is crazy. O_o

Does yours smell like ammonia at all?

Elio's girl Elienny's mom JenGemini's Avatar
    Thanks

This has happened to me as well. I have been trying to eat healthier and regulate myself without any Met or BCP. I have been off of BCP since November 2012 and in November and December I had bleeding that I did wouldnt consider a period. It was more like spotting and it would go on for about 3 days then nothing. This month I had a normal period. I think maybe you can wait it out one more month and see if you go back to normal but if not try your doctor its your best bet.
    Jenny(30) DH Elio(35) DD Elienny(3)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Are you up to date on your pap smears? I had a bit of mid cycle spotting and doctor asked me to get one..it was clear though but maybe best for peace of mind if you're not up to date to get yours x
    Thin Cyster - BMI 18.9
    1 Natural Preg
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I had this happen recently and it was a possible cyst.
    TTC since May 2012
    March 2013 femara (5mg) plus repronex injections and acupuncture ....BFP TWINS
    Brayden-1lb 1oz 11 1/2 inches and Reid-1lb 11 1/2 inches. Born 8/2/13
    November 2013-BFP with fertilitea. -BOY! Born 6/23/14
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content