Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy So frustrated! Can't lose it.

I have tried so hard to lose weight, multiple times. This time, I've really pushed myself and tried to stay consistant. I take my metformin everyday, I do my best to follow the IR diet, I walk at least one mile and sometimes more everyday and I haven't lost any weight. In fact, according to my scales, I've gained weight!

I'm just so frustrated and mad at my body! I don't know how to get this weight to budge. My doctors are no help. I'm about ready to give up and just accept that I'm going to be overweight for the rest of my life and possibly unable to have kids and let it go.I honestly don't know what else to do. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

What kind of diet are you doing? I am IR and started the low carb diet in October and have lost 25 pounds. This is tremendous for me because no diet ever worked before. Cut out bread, pasta, and chips at first (if you eat this kind of stuff now) and work your way through it. Start small. It's worth a try! I even found tortilla wraps at every grocery store that are high fiber so they have low net carbs. I use them for sandwiches.
    Me: 24 Husband: 27
    TTC#1 since 10/2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/03/12
    7/2013 First Cycle of Clomid: CD 5-9 50 mg....BFP 8/14/13Hidden Content m/c 8/21/13

Thanks

I wish I knew what to tell you. I have been stuck at the same weight (though trying to lose) for months now. I had lost a bunch but then stalled. Its been obnoxious. I know some say that adding weights to your workout routine is supposed to help. Also really keeping track of what you eat helps too. I always do better when I actually count points (using weight watchers) than when I don't. But I just keep reminding myself that even though the scale isn't budging, I still feel much better, and that is worth it too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chelbly View Post
    What kind of diet are you doing? I am IR and started the low carb diet in October and have lost 25 pounds. This is tremendous for me because no diet ever worked before. Cut out bread, pasta, and chips at first (if you eat this kind of stuff now) and work your way through it. Start small. It's worth a try! I even found tortilla wraps at every grocery store that are high fiber so they have low net carbs. I use them for sandwiches.
    I've been doing the Insulin Resistance diet (I think it might also be called the PCOS diet? But I could be wrong). I've cut out most carbs and when I do it them, I pair them with protein. Do you know the name of those tortillas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdivis83 View Post
    I wish I knew what to tell you. I have been stuck at the same weight (though trying to lose) for months now. I had lost a bunch but then stalled. Its been obnoxious. I know some say that adding weights to your workout routine is supposed to help. Also really keeping track of what you eat helps too. I always do better when I actually count points (using weight watchers) than when I don't. But I just keep reminding myself that even though the scale isn't budging, I still feel much better, and that is worth it too.
    The only way I've been able to lose weight was when I got sick after having my gallbladder out and then I gained most of it back and can't lose it again. I wish I could say that I feel better, but honestly I haven't really noticed a difference. it makes me depressed. :/

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry that you're having issues. For me the biggest thing is to keep track of my calories; rather than cutting out certain foods, I just use moderation in all everything. I use Sparkpeople (there are a lot of really great sites out there that so the same thing) to help tailor my caloric needs paired with my current activity level too. When I lose weight, it reconfigures what I need to continue losing (for example, I'm supposed to eat 300cal less now than when I began). This has always helped me a lot with portion sizes, which is something I definitely struggle with. This works really well for me personally, and always has in the past. I started out slow on the exercise, then rev it up slowly over time. A year ago I started walking, then I progressed to jogging 3x a week, and now I jog 3x a week and walk 3-4x a week.

I think the important thing is to figure out what works for you. Trial and error. So the diet you're on might not be working, you may want to check your portion sizes, or see if you're compensating for the carbs in other ways (for example: when I was a vegetarian I ate more carbs because I wasn't getting enough protein. Which wasn't good.) or you could reconsider the entire diet altogether. Another thing is maybe the walking isn't enough, you could add some at home aerobic activity or yoga, something like that- you might need to kick it up a notch.

Good luck!
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    4 years & injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    injects/IUI= DD twins born 06/14
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

The IR diet didn't work for me at all. I lost about 20 pounds doing Weight Watchers a couple of years ago, then got stuck. Low carb is what's working now. Same calories as Weight Watchers (around 1500), but high fat and moderate protein with veggies. My doctor prescribed the diet, and since starting it I've lost 10 pounds and had a regular cycle two months in a row (versus never having one on my own before, even on WW). My doctor said that this diet alone solves infertility problems in the majority of his patients. Really interesting, so I thought I'd try it, and so far I can't argue with the results.

Thanks

My think is im not sure what to cut out, i know bread and pasta has alot of carbs but what else? :/

Thanks

Low glycemic index diet really worked for me.

Thanks

I know how you feel. (BTW, I just joined the Forums after extensive research and frustration, and I need to hit 5 posts to make a thread later, LOL).

I'm 5'5(ish) 156(ish) lbs (fluctuates between 153-159 during TOM). I have been overweight since I can remember in grade maybe 2-3? 4? No t100% sure. I lost weight in my teens by running EVERYDAY - to the point of an obsession, and was at my lowest 116. But I also had NO period for 4 years and 3 months, and later I couldn't run do to knee issues (obviously) and now sit where I am, whereas when I was working and snacking more I was at 166. I have been at 156ish for over a YEAR, same weight, day in - day out, I try and track my food on MyFitnessPal and it helps - and I recently have been trying to limit junk food (sweets, carbs) and also follow a Gluten-Free Diet, since I have found that may have been a culprit to my sickness for a few years (Not trying to follow a cult of "Wheat-Belly" for actual reasons of feeling normal)..

ANYWAY CUTTING IT SHORT. '

It seems like I just can't lose anything, obviously not when I slack - but even when I TRY, so hard. My brother (twin) has weight issues due to medication he goes on/off, but can literally-LITERALLY- lose 15lbs in like 2 weeks, my mother can lose 5 or 10, I can't even maintain an ounce lost. ]

It's so frustrating I feel you 100%

(PS> I lift weights 4x a week, following a single cardio session, and on off days I try and walk)

Thanks

Well a good place to start is to cut out as many processed foods as you can. Most are terrible for you and many are high in carbs as well!
    Outside of that baked goods, breads (even tortillas depending on the size), potatoes, rice, and the big one SUGAR. Basically if it's sweet, be suspicious of it because sugar is so many things, even stuff you might not think like ketchup. Drinks are a big source of sugar too, sodas, sports drinks, fruit juices, fancy coffee drinks all have a lot. Basically, I try to stick to water, seltzer, and unsweetened tea. Coffee is okay too without added sugar, but I don't love coffee.

Milk and fruit are other sources of natural sugars. When it comes to cutting carbs it depends on who you ask whether they're okay or not. Personally I tend to think both are okay with the caveat that fruit should not be considered to be the same as vegetables. In other words they aren't okay to eat in virtually unlimited amounts, portion sizes do matter (with low sugar fruits like tomatoes, eggplant, etc. as possible exceptions).
    Same for milk if you think you might drink a lot at once.

Thanks

Aww sorry you feel this way. I have been there, trust me!
    What worked for me was low carb (now doing paleo-keto ish diet), and HEAVY strengt training. It also is important for me to count calories, otherwise I eat too much

Thanks

Low carb, high protein, smaller portion sizes and upping/doubling my exercise helped me. My main carb culprits that I tried to cut out were soda, dessert, and bread. Then potatoes and rice. But I felt sooo hungry focusing on no carbs, and at a loss for substantial things to eat that would still fill me up (other than fruits/veggies). It was easier for me to focus on high protein. My go to sources for high protein are low fat dairy (Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese), almonds, peanut butter (the more natural/Simply Jif kind that is lower sugar), nature valley's protein bars, and low carb protein shakes.

Those tortillas you may have been asking about have been a life saver for me. They're a great replacement for bread. I get the Mission brand "carb balance" ones. For a bonus, go with the whole wheat carb balance ones! I hate most whole grain/wheat bread. But these taste amazing! I actually prefer the whole wheat ones.

I also love pasta, so there was no way I could cut that out completely. They make whole wheat pasta that is better for you (more fiber), but I don't like the wheaty taste to it. However, they also make low carb pasta! The brand I get is Dreamfields. Tastes great, you could never tell the difference. Granted, it's still carbs. But it's better than regular pasta for those days you just have to have pasta.

Hope this helps! Remember that it can take many months for people to see real results with weight loss, and we have it even harder with PCOS. So try not to compare yourself to everyone else! We're just different. Don't get discouraged. It always helped me to just focus on being healthy instead of weight loss. Sometimes I actually gained weight initially when I started strength training remember that muscle weighs more than fat!

Thanks

I started seriously working on losing weight in January and have since lost just under 20lbs. It's very exciting, but I seem to be at a standstill now. I count my calories, I try to exercise a total of 3 hours a week, broken up over 3+ days, and I've been taking Garcinia Cambogia, an herbal supplement. I stopped eating fast food, I don't drink soda, and I try to eat only whole grains instead of enriched bleached crud. I've also been trying to increase my fiber intake. I'm not sure if it's this combo or one thing in particular but I was very successful the first 2 months. I went from 240 to 223 and a size 20 jeans to a size 16. But these last couple of weeks have been rough, but I haven't been as good about tracking my calories and I also realize I should probably exercise more, not just 3 days a week. I don't expect to continue losing weight so quickly, in fact I was a bit scared at first at how fast the weight was coming off, but I want to lose something! I'd even be happy with 1lb. a week. Hopefully this week will be a better one for all of us!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thanks

*Correction, Garcinia Cambogia isn't an herb, it's a fruit. Sorry if I misinformed!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.