Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

The low-carb whole-grain wraps are great for sandwiches; also, WASA crackers are whole-grain and naturally low-carb/high-fiber. The WASA crackers are my go-to 'bread' when I crave 'crunch'. (I found WASA crackers on a search for a substitute for potato chips. They're not salty in and of themselves (and no fat to speak of) but salt-free herb seasonings (make sure they don't contain salt substitutes!) solve that, as do things like Dijon mustard.

Thanks

Thanks for the low carb suggestions! I'm just learning what to avoid after starting Metformin 1 week ago.
    Kara (31) DH - Clint (34) DS - Owen (5) - Anna (3 mos)
    Trying to conceive since August 2011. Metformin 1500mgs since February 2013. Lost *22lbs since January 18.
    LMP 5/21/13; BFP on FRER 6/15/13; 1st beta 6/17/13: 14.8; 2nd beta 6/19/13: 6.1. Hidden Content
    LMP 6/21/13; *Unmedicated cycle! Faint BFP at 8DPO on FRER 7/13/13.
    Beta#1 at 10dpo - 43; Beta#2 at 12dpo - 113; Beta#3 at 17dpo - 972
    Anna was born on March 20, 2014 at 8:28am. 9lbs 2oz, and 21.5 inches long! Our family is complete Hidden Content

Thanks

I've been incredibly lucky though, as I've been undergoing treatment for TMJ dysfunction and have to wear a dental splint 24/7, with braces on four teeth holding my jaw together with rubber bands. I can take the rubber bands out to eat, but have to leave the splint in (it's like a hard plastic mold of my bottom teeth). It makes eating really difficult. I've managed to completely cut out snacking and find I'm only eating when I'm really hungry because it's such a pain to clean my splint. Also, the teeth with braces still hurt and it's hard to chew most everything with the splint. The downside is I can't really crunch hard veggies like carrots and it's even hard to eat chicken breast!!!! The first two weeks I had the splint and braces in, I lost 7lbs, exercising 2x/week. I feel like the splint is a blessing in disguise because I've lost interest in eating!!!

But more importantly, I want to better my eating habits forever, not just for the six months I have to wear this splint. That's what is most important!
    Kara (31) DH - Clint (34) DS - Owen (5) - Anna (3 mos)
    Trying to conceive since August 2011. Metformin 1500mgs since February 2013. Lost *22lbs since January 18.
    LMP 5/21/13; BFP on FRER 6/15/13; 1st beta 6/17/13: 14.8; 2nd beta 6/19/13: 6.1. Hidden Content
    LMP 6/21/13; *Unmedicated cycle! Faint BFP at 8DPO on FRER 7/13/13.
    Beta#1 at 10dpo - 43; Beta#2 at 12dpo - 113; Beta#3 at 17dpo - 972
    Anna was born on March 20, 2014 at 8:28am. 9lbs 2oz, and 21.5 inches long! Our family is complete Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

don't give up I feel the same way but its only been 2 weeks just think about why you are doing this and that's what keeps me going everyday with this I wont stop until I have achieved it I am trying to cut out all the sugar I can it is very hard good luck and keep with it

Thanks

I've had luck with liquid and vegetarian diets. Of course I probably would not recommend a liquid diet because I'm sure it's not exactly healthy for a person, but just saying I lost a ton of weight when I quit eating solid food and got all calories from juice, coffee, etc. I still couldn't run the mile in school despite being 130, but hey I lost the weight! When I was in college, I went through this vegetarian stage for about 2 weeks and ate a lot of stir-fry and rice and lost 17 pounds. Of course, I was also doing a lot of walking then since the dorm was a mile from the school, but veggies are great in the sense that they're usually low in calories, but sit heavy on the stomach.

Also, if you have regular access to a bathroom, drinking water until you feel like you're going to throw up can help ward off between-meal munchies. Sadly, I have found over the years that the only way for me to lose any weight is major calorie-cutting, like down to 1000-1200 calories a day. I was hungry all the time and always counting down the minutes to midnight so I could eat and just put those calories toward the next day's calorie count, but what can you do? Sadly, dieting and exercise don't work well for some, or you might take 6 months to lose 2 pounds and then gain it back after one week of a little too much indulgence. I should not promote fasting, but if you're not concerned with weight loss being healthy, it does work. Just remember to eat solid food now and then because you'll "forget" how to eat. I'm bigger than ever at 267, so I need to get back into the swing of fasting again.

Thanks

Not to be alarmist, and I'm SURE this is not what ShadowBall was suggesting, but I feel obligated to mention there is a condition called water intoxication that can lead to death. It's caused by drinking too much water. Here's an article in case you want more info...I'm sure it's rare, but just wanted to share. http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...water-can-kill

Thanks

Hey all... So I can relate in a certain regard. I have had trouble losing weight for a while. For me, it felt like daily exercise just prevented me from gaining any more weight and didn't help me lose it, so I stopped... However, I have never technically been overweight for my height.

Recently there have been a lot of studies done that have come to the conclusion that in order to really lose weight (fat weight, not muscle weight), you need to exercise 50+ minutes a day 5 days a week. Calorie counting alone isn't enough for real weight loss.

A month ago I joined a gym that offers about 20 different classes daily. It has changed my life. Those 45-60 minute classes go by so much faster than 30 minutes on the elliptical and I feel so much more in shape because I am constantly challenging myself and doing something new.

Also. I don't think of walking as a work out. It is a means of getting from place to place and a chance for me to think. I try and walk a minimum of 30-60 minutes a day.

Registered User lovelylittlebrat's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not been here long but I am all too familiar with the weightloss struggle. Are you measuring yourself to see if the weight gain isn't a temporary trade of from fat to muscle? When beginning a weightloss/exercise program this often happens because water is retained to aid in the recovery process. Are you tracking your foods?

Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by alijac View Post
    The IR diet didn't work for me at all. I lost about 20 pounds doing Weight Watchers a couple of years ago, then got stuck. Low carb is what's working now. Same calories as Weight Watchers (around 1500), but high fat and moderate protein with veggies. My doctor prescribed the diet, and since starting it I've lost 10 pounds and had a regular cycle two months in a row (versus never having one on my own before, even on WW). My doctor said that this diet alone solves infertility problems in the majority of his patients. Really interesting, so I thought I'd try it, and so far I can't argue with the results.

I am interested in hearing more about what your Dr. has recommeneded. I've been eating a "Paleo" or "Primal" diet recently which sounds similar to what your Dr is recommending. I'm getting no results. I will stick strictly to the plan (no dairy, no fruit) for a week at a time and lose one lb. Last night we had some dinner guests, so I allowed myself some lasagna and a piece if desert and I'm up 3.5lbs this morning. I want to give up. I'm also anovulatory. I've been taking myo inositol, b12, folic acid, cinnamon, maca, acv and iodine for about 3 weeks now and notice no change on either of those things either.