Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CJ85 View Post

Also, about the hair thing, all women have hair on their faces to varying extents. We're mammals! We're supposed to have hair all over our body. Unless it's really super dark I wouldn't be concerned, no one is looking for a beard when they see you If it's light hair no one will notice and it's probably always been there (pre PCOS), you just weren't looking so closely! Stay happy
    I have to keep reminding myself that I've always had a little extra hair than everyone else! I know it may be considered abnormal given the PCOS circumstances, but there are women with abnormal hair growth that don't even have PCOS! It's such a common thing but it still screws with our self esteem big time.
    “I am doing the best I can given what I have today.”

Thanks

I think if my extra hairiness was only due to genes and not mucked up hormones, I'd find it much easier to cope with. It's the fact that I know I wasn't hairy before, and the fact that it could get worse, that I struggle with. 😔

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yup, same. i was not always a hairy girl. I've seen it progress from 'normal' to 'shave every morning'. It IS the uncertainty that bothers us all. IS our condition going to stay the same? Or get worse? For me, I could live like this forever the way i am now. But every time I comb my hair, im checking to make sure I didn't pull out a clump of it in the process. I'm weighing myself every few days to make sure I'm not packing on the pounds, I'm checking my neck and knees every now and then for signs of dark spots. Its the uncertainty that drives us nuts.

Thanks

Parsimony that's right, the worst thing for me is the fear of it getting worse! Do you think if I'm now taking Spiro that should keep the symptoms (namely the hairiness) from getting worse? Did you find the meds helped your symptoms at all while you were taking them? I'm not getting any major side effects so have pretty much decided I might take it for life since I've had my kids already. I'm also going to follow this low GI and regular exercise thing for life, since it seems I have no choice! I'm now amazed at what some of my friends eat... To them it's healthy but to me it's evil food! 😈