Registered User ItAllMakesSenseNow's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Right Ovary Removed Thursday - Tough Morning Today

Hi All -

In the never ending "journey" with my wacky reproductive system, I had laparoscopic removal of my right ovary and tube this past Thursday, for what they thought was an ovarian cyst but what turned out to be endometriosis.

I am on my Metformin for my PCOS but "regular" periods are all over the place, I had 6 months of regular 30 day cycles last year, had a miscarriage in September and then went 84 days without a cycle. I was just at the 28 day mark when I had the surgery last week. It seems like I did get my period the day following the surgery (Friday). I called the on call doctor just to ask "how do I know this is a period and not bleeding after the surgery?". She basically said that it was probably my period and just to watch it if it got very heavy.

Today, Sunday, I do have heavier bleeding but it does feel like heavy period bleeding. When I get cycles, they are usually on the lighter side so I am not used to a heavy period but I think it does still feel like a period.

Ugh. I don't know. Just don't know how to really tell if something is wrong or if this is all normal and feeling a little post-op blues today on top of it, very weepy. I have also made the mistake of reading way too many other message boards on this until finally coming here - all I saw were horrible experiences people had.

Anything you can share will help. Just having a tough morning, wondering if I am in fact healing OK and trying to imagine a day when I am actually somewhat normal.

Thanks all.
    Diagnosed September 2002
    Currently Not On Meds

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,756 Posts

I haven't been there, but I know others have and I'm hoping the bump gets you some better responses. My thoughts are with you.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I had a LAP 2.5 weeks ago to remove a large cyst on my left ovary. I started a "period" 2 days later (which lasted for 5 days) and just got my period AGAIN! Dr said the first one wasn't an actual period - body was just tricked into having one because of the sudden drop in hormones after the removal. Could be your case as well. As far as the emotions - I was all over the place as well. Crying and not really understanding what I was crying about, etc. I still feel the same, but it seems that things are starting to get on a more even level as far as my hormones are concerned.