Thread: Help help help

Thanks

Default Help help help

So I am new to the forum but have been reading others posts for motivation, support, and knowledge. A little bit of a background on me:

- normal cycles until conceived first child 2009.

- had IUD / mirena inserted in January 2010. Had little to no AF. I would still experience cramping and typical monthly symptoms but no issue and I didn't think anything of it because this is said to happen when on Mirena.

- January 2012 my husband and I have the TTC convo and decide its time to take the mirena out and TTC. Mirena is taken out and no AF for 6 months.

- pay a visit to my Obgyn. She takes bloodwork and diagnoses me with PCOS due to excess hair, no periods, and excessive weight gain. She puts me on 500mg Metformin.

Bloodwork is taken June, September. 2012 and February 2013.

I started seeing a RE in February 2013 and I have had my final consult yesterday. The plan is to induce my period again this month (January was induced by provera) and then chlomid followed by trigger shot, IUI and US monitoring.

On a day to day basis, these are the symptoms I might experience:

Heart flutters

Headaches

Ear popping / ear ringing

Nausea (extreme at the end of the day)

Twitching muscles all over body

Do any of you question: Maybe there's more wrong with me? I don't know how many times I've wanted to run to the doctor to get a full body scan.

Also, has anyone been in the same situation with normal before IUD and now hormones and PCOS is present?

Sorry for the long post but I'm hoping to gain the same support and feedback this forum is known for. PCOS is such a difficult and confusing syndrome.

My hope is that we get conceive with the help of meds and our RE.

Thank you,

Brittany

Thanks

The symptoms you mention regarding heart flutters, ear popping, muscle twitching, etc. aren't characteristic of pcos but anything is possible with a hormonal imbalance, especially if that includes excess cortisol and ACTH production.

As for the Mirena, there are loads of women on these forums who mention that their PCOS symptoms worsened or started after coming of off some form of birth control (I'm in this category).
    Me (33) Hidden Content DH (36) Married April 2011
    - TTC since July 2011
    - Dx PCOS (anovulatory, thin cyster) June 2012.
    - 4/12/12: Clomid 50 mg cd3-7. O'd cd18!! Short LP. BFN Hidden Content
    - 4/1/13: Clomid 50 mg cd3-7. O'd cd17!!! BFP!! EDD Oct. 8, 2013. TEAM PINK!!!
    Hidden Content
    - 13/10/13: DD born happy & healthy Hidden Content

Thanks

I have experienced the headaches and nausea, especially around my cycle time. I don't know why or how, but my doctor put me on migraine meds .

Thanks

i get the heart flutters and headaches and my eye twitches for weeks at a time, weird. maybe it is the hormones

Thanks

I am new here too and have been on Metform for almost two months now I also have the Headaches, nausea and i get really light headed..i also have an almost overpowering tingling/burning sensation in my ovaries several times a day. I haven't told my doctor about the tingling/burning yet, but the rest is due to hormones...apparently it means the metformin is working?

Thanks

I always had a regular cycle until I got Implanon. The first two worked great no AF after 3-6 months, the third one was removed due to pregnancy ( not sure if it was from the implant moving because it was taken out further away from the site of insertion or because I was antibiotic ). DD was born in oct 2008. Had another implant in late nov 2008. AF came every month for the first 6 months then nothing for 2 years. Got it taken out in Feb 2011 to ttc again and Gynae thought it was resposible for cervical changes. AF returned but it was light and scanty, I got pregnant again in July 2011 but it wasn't to be. I had a shot of methotrexate to end the possible ectopic. AF was never the same again. I had so many blood tests and u/s done before finally someone seen the PCOS symptoms. I don't have IR yet but I do have many cysts on my right ovary and none on my left and my lh to fsh ratio is out. So before BC I didn't have ANY PCOS symptoms but after removal of the last one they came thick and fast. Although I am now pregnant again with the help of Clomid. Goodluck to you.
    I really do think BC can mask PCOS or cause it.
    Melissa 34 PCOS Dave 34 Perfect
    DD, Chloee 5 and a half conceived naturally, Ectopic August 2011 conceived naturally. DS 14 months, 2 rounds of Clomid
    May 2014 surprise BFP. Been a rollercoaster but little bean is hanging in there.Hidden Content