Thanks

Default hypothyroidism symptoms?

I've been bleeding alot like a period (sorry if this is TMI) with no clots, just straight bleeding, I will bleed for 1-2 weeks then it will stop for a couple days and start again. i am not sure if this is a sign of my hypothyroidism or pcos. I have both. I am on levothyroxine 100mcg daily for a week now and im not sure when it will stop. Has anyone had this problem and did you take synthyroid or levothyroxine and when did it start going away and going back to "normal" periods?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elijahsaunt View Post
    I've been bleeding alot like a period (sorry if this is TMI) with no clots, just straight bleeding, I will bleed for 1-2 weeks then it will stop for a couple days and start again. i am not sure if this is a sign of my hypothyroidism or pcos. I have both. I am on levothyroxine 100mcg daily for a week now and im not sure when it will stop. Has anyone had this problem and did you take synthyroid or levothyroxine and when did it start going away and going back to "normal" periods?

I'm also PCOS and hypothyroid. I have been hypothyroid for over 10 years but only diagnosed with PCOS 1.5 years ago. Never in ten years have I had bleeding related to my thyroid but several times i have bled for extended periods of time because of my PCOS. At the very least the Dr should be looking for other reason for bleeding such as fibroids. I ended up having to go on BCP to stop my bleeding (which I really want off of). Hope you have been able to get things sorted out.

Thanks

I can say if it's in relation to your hypothyroidism but I know with my PCOS that I bleed VERY heavy. Every single time I get my period its a heavy flow. Lasts for about 2 weeks at a time. Im telling ya...I should buy stock in Tampax!