Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'm pretty glad I'll have access to some prescriptions if I need them!
    Erin, 32, & hubby, 33. 2 spoiled kitties and a baby on the way!
    I take: Synthroid 0.112, VitD 5000/day, Metformin 2000/day, Vit B 12, Omegas, methylfolate and Floradix.

Hidden Content

Thanks

Ginger tea (with real ginger), not letting my tummy get completely empty, fruit, Sea Bands.

Me: 30 DH: 34
    DS: 11/21/11
    Ovarian Drilling Success Story! Surgery 12/22/10 :: BFP 3/22/11
    Baby girl EDD: 5/24/14

Thanks

Nothing made it go away, but some things made it better- primarily never, ever letting your belly get empty! Candied ginger, mint tea, protein does help you last a bit longer, which is why people swear by it. Congrats!
    Matt (35) and Sherri (34) Married since 2001
    DD1 (S)
    Born 10-28-06 DD2 (J) Born 11-2-08 My Metformin Babies! DD3 (L) Born 7-14-11 Our Adopted Girl! DD4 (E) Born 4-24-2013 Our Foster Girl! DS (N) Born 4-5-14 My Femara Baby! Current meds: NOW Eve Multivitamins, 5,000 IU Vitamin D, 75 mcg Levothyroxin.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” ― Audrey HepburnHidden Content

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbear53 For This Useful Post:

Fyreflie (03-05-2013)

Waiting for our threesome dara0220's Avatar
    Thanks

I had bad morning sickness with this pregnancy from weeks 6-14 (still get nauseated, but it passes & I don't puke anymore!). Zofran helped me a lot, at least to eat. Peppermint tea, and I always had some plain unfrosted animal crackers with me when I thought my stomach was going empty, which helped keep something in it. As long as I kept something in it, we were ok (still nauseous, but not debilitating). Bland food to eat.
    Me-28, DH-32
    TTC since 2009. Starting femara/follistim combo, with Met, folic acid, royal jelly, Acupuncture, progesterone, and prenatals
    2nd femara/follistim combo, started Oct 2nd...BFP 14dpo (11/2/12) hcg 91! 17 dpo beta 456, progesterone 115 21 dpo beta 2026...darn thyroid, lets add levothyroxine to the mix too!
    TRIPLETS!!!!!!!Babies arrived at 27 weeks on April 9th, 2013. Doing some nicu time, praying for some positive outcomes.
    Hidden Content

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 Times in 2,271 Posts

I had almost no m/s with ds1 and it was so bad with ds2 it lasted until around 25 weeks. Idid all I wrote Above plus zofran plus phenergan and I was still so sick. It really does vary per person and by pregnancy. Even after 25 weeks I stopped throwing up daily but I still was nauseous and had trouble eating many things and in the evening.
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreflie View Post
    No problems with drowsiness? Funny I was wondering what the Unisom/B6 protocol everyone was talking about was, and it turns out it's what we call Diclectin here in Canada, and it's official label use is for pregnancy related nausea.
    It will definitely make you drowsy at first, but the side effect wears off once your body gets used to it. I'd start with 1/2 just at night and see how that works for you. You can work up to 3 full pills/day if necessary.

With DD I just did 1 full pill at night at still had some nausea but it was improved over before I was taking anything. This time I read that up to 3/day was safe so I started 1 at night and 1 in the morning and I feel even better than I did with DD, and currently no nausea at all! I haven't had any in a couple of weeks. That said I do still gag about 30+ times a day. It's strange because the gagging is separate from the nausea. Any bad smell or anything remotely gross sends me gagging and I'm talking about things that normally wouldn't phase me at all. I gagged like 4 times just trying to get my dog fed this morning because I know dog food stinks, even though I had my nose blocked so I wouldn't smell it. It's making me feel gaggy just typing about it, LOL! I never (knock on wood) throw up though, I can get control over the gagging through deep breathing and thinking about something else.
    Debby-30, loves Cory-29, mama to a sweet and sassy 7 year old, Molly (6/2006) Hidden Content
    and Baby Henry, born September 18th, 2013!

Hidden Content

Thanks

Candied ginger and gingerale worked for my 24/7 nausea. If you decide to try gingerale make sure you buy a brand that actually has ginger listed in the ingredients. Not all of them do. And if you want to avoid the sugar, Canada Dry makes a diet ginger ale.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazycatlady View Post
    Candied ginger and gingerale worked for my 24/7 nausea. If you decide to try gingerale make sure you buy a brand that actually has ginger listed in the ingredients. Not all of them do. And if you want to avoid the sugar, Canada Dry makes a diet ginger ale.
    Be careful with diet ones, they have artificial sweeteners, most of which aren't so good in pregnancy.

I didn't know that about the real ginger thing! I'll have to check mine out! Thanks
    Jenny (29) Hidden Content Chris (31)
    Baby Annalise Rosalie, born January 19, 2010 (Clomid baby) Hidden Content
    Baby Sienna Madelyn, born October 10, 2013 (IVF baby) Hidden Content

Thanks

I will probably be repeating what other ladies have said.... I think the most important thing for me was just to eat a little something every hour or two....whatever didn't make you nauseous. I also started keeping crackers (saltines and graham) on my nightstand. I would eat a couple before I even got out of bed in the morning. I drank a lot of ginger ale and always kept peppermint candies on hand.

I didn't have it as bad as most. I was constantly nauseous, but was able to keep things down. Hope that you are able to avoid it altogether :-)
    Joni(37) & James(40) Married 7 years
    Eli Joseph born June 6, 2013 at 8:10 pm weighing 8 pounds and 20 inches long
    10/13/12 BFP! ~ 11/05/12 Scan @ 7 wks-Saw heartbeat! ~ 11/27/12 Heard heartbeat-170BPM ~ 1/30/13 It's a BOY! ~ 6/18/13 EDD
    07/03/12 BFP! 07/24/12 Pregnancy Loss

14 medicated cycles, 6 IUIs and ultimately successful with oral medication alone--Femara 5mg, Metformin ER 1500mg, Baby Aspirin
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I started to cook crock pot meals in my garage because the smell was so bad. I didn't have M/S with my 1st pregnancy, none with my 2nd which I lost at 8 wks, but had a ton with this one. I ended up taking zofran which helped. I tried not to take it often and just went without eating until something sounded good. I ate it. Most times, it was Chick-fil-a grilled chicken bites from the kids meal.
    Elizabeth
    Find miscarriage support! - All That is Seen and Unseen; A Journey Through a First Trimester Miscarriage - Hidden Content
    3.5 years to TTC#1 - born 09/03
    DS #2 Born 6/6/13 14DPO-BETA 245, P4-9.9, 16dpo BETA-656 P4-16.9

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had my first craving today and it was for Buffalo wings. And I'm a vegetarian! *sigh* haha. Thanks so much for all the input ladies, I'm filing it away! I bought a bunch of ginger root to take up north with me and I have extra B6 as well.
    Erin, 32, & hubby, 33. 2 spoiled kitties and a baby on the way!
    I take: Synthroid 0.112, VitD 5000/day, Metformin 2000/day, Vit B 12, Omegas, methylfolate and Floradix.

Hidden Content

Registered User Wanna be a mama's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't have morning sickness per se. I didn't throw up, but there were many times that I almost did, dry heaving, sweating, gagging, etc. It was especially bad in the morning and it didn't help that I teach high school and the smell of hormones, Axe and cologne is quite prevalent.

Ginger ale didn't work for me once I got to that point. I swear by Gingins ginger chews. I have only been able to find them at health food stores. They are strong and even burned my nouth a little, but it allowed me to work. I also ate and drank a lot of citrus fruit and juice. Sipping lemonade can also help.

Hope your morning sickness is not bad, but there are lots of things to try!
    Me- Hidden Content 35 and Hidden Content DH-40 (no issues)
    TTC#1 since 2009
    8/11 RE- dx PCOS
    Tried clomid, Metformin, three cycles Femara 3-7, and one cyle Gonal-F
    Metformin 1500 mg, baby asprin, royal jelly OMG!! Surprise Natural BFP 10/18- Beta #1- 44 (started prometrium), Beta #2- 88, Beta #3 197!!
    2/4/13- It's a girl!!
    6/24/13- Welcome baby Reilly! 8 lbs. 12 oz., 19.75"
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Fresh fruit and cold drinks helped me the most. Gatorade/Powerade were good, but I diluted them to 50% strength because of the sugar.
    Sandy Hidden Content Jordan, Married since June 27, 2008; Mommy and Daddy to Jackson Ryan, Corey Jameson, and 2 furbabies (Yorkies)!

Thanks

congrats and take whatever you can with you! yes B-6 and unisom is your diclectin which you can't get in the US any longer. i had hyperemesis gravidium with DD1, so nothing worked...i was in the hospital most of my first tri. i used zofran pills, compazine supps, had a reglan pump, b6 and unisom and all of that i still vomited a million times a day! oh and i can't forget the anti-nausea bracelets...i found one that must have fallen out of DD1's baby book...dh and i had some good laughs! i was desperate!
    DD2...nausea. just regular.old.morning.sickness!!! i ate rice and pasta for 14 weeks and then craved veggies, fruit and beans.
    it's always different for everyone. one of my hospital visits a nurse swore by peanut butter, i tried it only to find myself in the bathroom overnight. one friend told me tomato juice, tried it, bad choice! my hubby make coffee and cooked in a crockpot that sat on our deck! lol! he couldn't even have his coffee cup in the car when he'd take me to the hospital every few days.
    so it totally varies! i think in general, bland foods are safe!
    Hidden Content --- and praying for a new baby!
    3 M/C, dx with PCOS-IR thin cyster, start Metformin and finally after 4 years TTC ... DD1 1/21/08
    8 Clomid cycles, trigger & TI = 1 angel baby Sarah, Trisomy 12 and 7 BFNs
    3 Femara, Dex, trigger & TI = 3 BFNs
    Follistim, Dex, aspiring, Prometrium & IUI = DD2 11/14/12 ... after 3 years TTC
    13dpo: 142 ~ 16 dpo: 518 ~ 19dpo: 1847 ~ 23 dpo: 9050