Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ovary Pain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Lucey View Post
    It certdinly doesn't sound like that to me. How many days of pain now? Getting any better or changing at all?
    Oh my gosh the pain has been months now. It was one of the reasons I went to the doctor. If anything the pain is getting worse, unless I take my pain medicine.
    Weight: 220 lbs
    Diagnosed: awaiting diagnosis
    Meds: Celexa 40mg (anxiety/depression), Celebrex 200mg (for pain), Micronor 28's 0.35mg (birth control)

Such stuff as dreams... Katie_Lucey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 2,269 Posts

If its been months it is a not a ruptured cyst but you definitely need An u/s to check that out. Could be a large cyst getting bigger. Thats too long for ovulation.
    Katie (32) Patrick ( 33)
    M/C: 02/01*10/10*03/12*04/12
    August 2011- Connor was born
    February 2013- Jackson was born
    We are overwhelmingly blessed!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Lucey View Post
    If its been months it is a not a ruptured cyst but you definitely need An u/s to check that out. Could be a large cyst getting bigger. Thats too long for ovulation.
    Ok thanks for the advice. I have an ultrasound coming up at the end of the month, hopefully they can figure out more.
    Meds: Celexa 40mg (anxiety/depression), Celebrex 200mg (for pain), Micronor 28's 0.35mg (birth control)

Thanks

I had ovarian pain quite frequently but never wound up in the ER for it. Mostly treated at home with ibuprofen, a heating pad and hot castor oil packs. The castor oil pack and heating pad method isn't convenient (as in, portable) but there was many a night when I would lay down to sleep and the full extent of the pain would become evident--the 'pack and pad' treatment would give me enough relief to fall--and stay--asleep.

Method I used: Wet a washcloth with hot water and wring it out. Fold it into a pad (about the size of a menstrual pad) and place on a plate. Heat it in a microwave for 30-60 seconds and remove (CAREFUL!!! It will be very hot.) Pour about a tablespoon of castor oil over it and work it until the cloth is saturated. Place over the affected ovary and cover with a towel folded at least twice. (You want the oil as hot as you can stand but be cautious--you don't want to suffer burns!) Cover the towel with the heating pad and then a pillow on top (feather pillows retain heat better). Relax and focus on your breathing--remain where you are for at least 15 minutes; 30 minutes is even better. At this point, the hot pack will have cooled somewhat and you can get up and move around a little if you *have to* but better to just wrap the pack up inside the towel, set aside and go on to sleep. Too much movement will re-start the pain.

For me (can't talk about anyones' experience but my own), this relieved the pain as if it had not existed, sort of like there being a hole in my body where the ovarian pain had been, but without any numbing sensation. If I used this method during the day, the effect would last for a couple of hours after I got up and started moving around; at night, I could generally fall asleep and stay asleep until the next morning.

The only side effect I noticed from this 'home remedy' was a 'bowel cleansing' effect the next day. Since I also had (have) diverticulosis, that wasn't a bad thing; I just made sure to be close to a toilet through the morning hours. (Don't do this the night before a hiking trip or plans to go swimming!)

None of this is meant as a recommendation; just relating how I handled ovarian pain that was bad enough to keep me at home but not quite 'trip to the emergency room' level.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LindaHelen For This Useful Post:

lynn7925 (04-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LindaHelen View Post
    I had ovarian pain quite frequently but never wound up in the ER for it. Mostly treated at home with ibuprofen, a heating pad and hot castor oil packs. The castor oil pack and heating pad method isn't convenient (as in, portable) but there was many a night when I would lay down to sleep and the full extent of the pain would become evident--the 'pack and pad' treatment would give me enough relief to fall--and stay--asleep.

None of this is meant as a recommendation; just relating how I handled ovarian pain that was bad enough to keep me at home but not quite 'trip to the emergency room' level.
    Thanks for the advice, I will have to give it a try.

Thanks

I had pretty bad pelvic pain for a month or so and my naturopath also recommended castor oil. She told me to rub it on my belly from my boobs to my pubes, put on a white cotton shirt and put a hot water bottle over the painful area for about 30 minutes. I did this most nights for awhile and it really helped. Well either that or switching to a paleo diet. I did both at the same time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leahbear View Post
    I had pretty bad pelvic pain for a month or so and my naturopath also recommended castor oil. She told me to rub it on my belly from my boobs to my pubes, put on a white cotton shirt and put a hot water bottle over the painful area for about 30 minutes. I did this most nights for awhile and it really helped. Well either that or switching to a paleo diet. I did both at the same time
    Thanks for the advice.

Registered User lovelifeforever's Avatar
    Thanks

I had pain one day that led to pain that left me not being able to walk.
    If you go to the hospital they will do scans and tests for you.
    I had a ruptured cyst that left an infection.

Worth checking out, even if it is just with your local doctor.

Thanks

i've had the same problem!!! I'm on the BCP and i'm bleeding.. and my ovaries hurt like mad in the PM and night... then the wee hours of the AM... it is AWFUL!! I have an appt i called in a panic, I passed huge blood clots. I'll prolly have an u/s done they said :-( i've been taking tyolenol and ibprofen on a rotation.. i'm sick of meds for that! I'm on enough already!