Thanks

Default Pl help - 2 qns: SA test validity & brown CM

How long is SA result valid for? DH had his sperm tested about 6 months back and it was fine. Iv gone through all manner of things since then, and theres been no BFP in sight. Before we move to the next round, should we get his SA done again, just to rule it out?

And the other piece - I have been getting a lil bit of creamy light brown CM yesterday and today (11 & 12 DPO) and dont know what to make of it. I ovulated on CD17, and would expect AF in another 3 days from today. I took an hpt yesterday and it was a BFN, so im not too hopeful anymore. Do i need to investigate this colored CM or just let it be? Iv never noticed this before, and my cycle length is usually 30-31 days, or longer if the cycle has gone off track, never earlier. My back aches and im slightly crampy, just the way I would feel before AF arrives. Iv had a bad cold and had my temps all over the place for the past week. Iv also been feeling slightly dizzy these days. But i know enough about imagined symptoms after all these cycles!

Every cycle seems to throw a few new things at me...thanks a ton girls for being so helpful and throwing light on what happening!! I am not insured for any of this (thats normal where i live), so i pay for all docs visits, tests and medication on my own. Im so thankful for this forum - its great to get opinions here so Im not running to my doc for every lil thing!

Baby dust to all!!

Thanks

I am not really sure about SA but if was fine then i would say move on. Now if it came back abnormal thats when I would test again to make sure (that happened with my cousin who also has pcos her hubbies first sample was abnormal then they did it again a week later and everything was fine she got pregnant with femara.) If you have the money or insurance id say do it if it makes you feel better. As for the brown cm could be implantation as that usually happens around day 10. I would test in another few days as the bfn could be that you just implanted and not enough hcg in your system yet. GL and KUP!
    Alisha (24) DH (26) married since 2007
    Natural conception-micarriage 2007
    Natural conception-DD 9/15/2008
    Natural conception-DD 11/01/2010
    Dx pcos 2012
    Ttc #3 femara 5ml cd 5-9 prgesterone in 2ww= BFP
    Beta#1 219 13dpo beta #2 490 15dpo
    EDD october 28 2013
    ITS A ....BOY!!!
    Robert Wayne born october 11th 2013. 4lbs 14 oz

Thanks

Not sure about the CM question as I have been having all kinds of odd CM this cycle. I do know that Men's sperm will cycle every 3 months. My DH has very poor sperm so we tried a few different supplements and I was told that I would take at least 3 months to see any results. So a change is possible after 3 months but if your DH was tested and it was fine 6 months ago then I wouldn't worry
    TTC # for over a year with no luck Hidden Content
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,757 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the CM - there could be a bit of brown from spotting, which is common in the TWW.

Semen counts can change from month to month, honestly (according to my RE). Environment, diet, stress levels, general health...all are factors that impact counts. Each SA is a snapshot in time. They wanted us to do one each year. It's up to you if you want to do another now, but it's probably not necessary.
    Justine (33) Hidden Content DH (34)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "In truth, the art of baby making is not an art at all, nor even a science,
    but completely governed by the absolute nonsensical unknown that is at the heart of all existence here on earth and elsewhere." - Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks, girls!

Iv still got the brown CM today - this is the third day im getting it. It dark brown and is kinda stretchy - like EWCM, only thicker. Iv never noticed any brown CM ever before. AF is due Fri / Sat - thats 2 days from now. Iv been having cramps and exhaustion, just like i do before AF every time. Guess i just have to wait and watch.

Thanks

I would definitely take a test friday if af is no show.
    Alisha (24) DH (26) married since 2007
    Natural conception-micarriage 2007
    Natural conception-DD 9/15/2008
    Natural conception-DD 11/01/2010
    Dx pcos 2012
    Ttc #3 femara 5ml cd 5-9 prgesterone in 2ww= BFP
    Beta#1 219 13dpo beta #2 490 15dpo
    EDD october 28 2013
    ITS A ....BOY!!!
    Robert Wayne born october 11th 2013. 4lbs 14 oz

Thanks

Well...Friday has come (and almost gone too, where i live) and AF hasnt arrived and iv still got a BFN. And im still spotting. Its the 5th day of brown spotting now (theres not even a tinge of red) - theres only a tiny bit when i wipe every 2-3 hours, mixed with a little bit of CM / thats stringy clotty stuff that AF also has. Today is CD 32, and im pretty sure i ovulated on CD 17 (this is the first cycle i temped and the temp rise was pretty clear, i also got fertile CM and this pinching pain in my ovary). My cycles are usually pretty regular at 30-31 days, and i think my LT is 14 days, based on when i got EWCM and AF in earlier cycles, when i didnt temp. Even during the few times when my cycle has been thrown off, iv still noticed EWCM latest by CD 30 and AF 14 days after, so i think my LT is pretty consistent.

I thought if one has ovulated, then either AF must show or one has to get a BFP. Is it possible that temping isnt relaible? My chart was pretty clear - my temps stayed at 97.0-97.1 before ovulation, and then climbed to 97.8 in 2 days post ovulation and stayed there. I did adjust my temps for my waking time with the FF adjuster, which is what gave me a clear and pretty consistent chart. FF confirmed ovulation too. What can have gone wrong? Is the spotting something i need to check out? Theres no pain other than the cramps / backache that i always get in my 2ww, especially close to AF. Iv never had any sort of spotting before - either before or after AF or anywhere in between. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 945 Posts
    Blog Entries

My DH had his SA tested in April 2012. His morphology was 11%.
    We tested him again in prepration for IVF on Feb. 3 2013 and his morph. was down to 2%.
    We re-tested him on Feb. 18, 2013 and his morph was 7%.

His volume, count and other numbers didn't really change. This is just to give you an idea of how things can fluctutate.

But it basically means that on Feb. 3 only 2% of his sperm could have made a baby. His counts are still pretty go though so there would have been enough to go around.

However, it's still low enough to make us decide that ICSI is a good idea during IVF rather than just allowing his sperm to fertilitize the eggs we get.

So bottom line is that you'd have to test him lots of times and look at patterns which isn't really practical. But depending what his problem is, you can press forward but maybe you decide to use IUI to help it along.

The spotting could be implantation or just AF taking longer to show. You could also be having a chemical pregnancy with betas too low to detect on an HPT but there is no way to verify that without a blood test.
    So I would just wait it out and keep testing. I would tell your Dr. about it if you are seeing one because it could mean that you need progesterone support in the luteal phase.

Good luck.
    ME 32 : lean PCOS DH 34: low morph
    TTC #1 since July 2011, 5 failed IUIs, now IVF

5 IUIs = 2 w/ clomid and 3 w/ gonal-f, 2 chemicals
    IVF #1 4/13 = Antagonist, ICSI + PGS, froze all 6
    FET#1 6/13, canceled too thin, OI FET#2 7/13 NONE survived thaw, lab error

IVF #2 9/13 new RE, SET-BFP! 9 PGS Frosties
    Allegra Grace born 6.5.14 at 38w3d
    Hidden Content Hidden Content