Thanks

Default Has anyone tried drinking onion juice for hair loss??

Hey Soulcysters!! okay so my mom found this video on youtube about curing PCOS and hair loss by drinking boiled onion juice...I know yuckk.. she translated it to me because this method is done mostly in Turkey. Basically you peel off the outer line and slice the whole onion into 4 or 6 pieces. boil 2 glasses of pure water, add the onions when the water starts to boil and boil the onion(with the pans lid covered)for 5 minutes. Wait for the juice to cool down and when it is warm enough to be able to drink. You have to drink a cup , twice daily for 7 days straight. Its my first day doing this and the second glass of onion juice was soo terrrible but if you cant drink it you can add a bit of lemon juice. At this point I will try anything to stop my hair loss...last time my endo said my hormons were all normal so no one knows why Im still shedding hair left and right ...sooo hopefully this will work ..

Here is another blog that another person tried it too...even Dr. OZ mentioned it http://babybump.alt12.com/community/...or-pcos?page=1

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Huh, haven't drank it for hair loss, but every now and then I've drank it just cause I like it - with a slice of lemon, ginger root and honey added - I drink it when I feel I'm getting a cold or feel low on energy; it's good for warming up body and energyzing.. But please do report back if You see any relief with it.
    Sympt: '99 (age 13), dx: '05. Diane35 2 yrs & Met500 mg 1/2 yr. No AF from '08. Full-house syndrome.
    In 2013, took hold of PCOS. 2014: Vit D + Met 1500 mg + Mg footpaths + Omega3 + Vit B + cordiceps sinensis + inofolic. June: Duphaston.

My blog Hidden Content and fav PCOS-web: Hidden Content .
    I've decided the only thing standing in my way of managing PCOS is my will power.

Hidden Content

Thanks

@vinogradovh...its very popular in Turkey it helps regulate the hormons well thats what it mentions in youtube video..but ever body is different so what works for me may not work for you depends.....at this point I'm desperate to try anything to regulate my period and stop excessive hair loss .... Day 2 no results..but its only day 2 but its getting harder to drink because Im dreading it evertime I smell the damn onion water haha.. WOW you go girl !!! I too am doing the natural way of losing weight and getting my hormons in control ....its hard at times becuase seems like I'm stuck in the same weight for a month veryyy discouraging...but keep it up

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've been to Turkey (mainly more distant areas in small villages) couple of times and found their overall eating habits very healthy btw, so I'd take up the advice And a very beautiful country too!

Thanks for Your kind words, I highly appreciate it.

And will be checking back here for follow up Cheers and good luck! (PS! Try squeezing Your nose so You won't smell it, that helped me with hot milk + honey + soda when I was sick. The smell would make me puke, but squeezed my nose and the taste was OK as long as I couldn't smell it).
    Sympt: '99 (age 13), dx: '05. Diane35 2 yrs & Met500 mg 1/2 yr. No AF from '08. Full-house syndrome.
    In 2013, took hold of PCOS. 2014: Vit D + Met 1500 mg + Mg footpaths + Omega3 + Vit B + cordiceps sinensis + inofolic. June: Duphaston.

I've decided the only thing standing in my way of managing PCOS is my will power.

Hidden Content

Thanks

Are you taking saw palmetto? It blocks the conversion of testosterone into DHT which is responsible for hair loss, body hair growth, acne etc. DHT is nasty. If you start disrupting the conversion you may see some pretty epic results.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Pinksunset, I've never used saw palmetto actually, it's not so easily accessible here, but I've read recently, they have started to sell it here too, so I will look into it for sure. I've read alot of positive reports of cysters saying, it has helped them heaps though. Thanks for reminding it to me!

Hidden Content

Thanks

@pinksunset ...I never heard of saw palmetto but looks like its another option I might take to stop my hair loss ..thanks for your tip!!
    @vinogradovh Yes I heard Turkey is very beautiful place... I wish I could visit soon...also yes mediterranean food are healthy but its all about portion contro. As
    for the onion juice no results yet its day 4 plus my period is running late so I'm feeling down ..then again my body always reacts slowely to stuff. Yes I definitly close my nose when I drink the juice LOL

Thanks

Please keep us updated with your results. I too have normal hormones but hairloss, so I'm super curious about this nasty sounding juice

Thanks

Hey Cora.......No it didn’t work at all for me ... I couldn’tdrink it mornings before eating breakfast due to work so that could be a factortoo...have you notice that exercise and weight loss speeds up the hair losstoo? I haven’t even lost too much weight... My last option is shave my hair andwear a wig at age 26 :'(

Thanks

hmm hyesweetie, I'll be honest, I don't know if weight loss or exercise has sped up or reduced the hairloss. Losing weight doesn't seem to have done anything for me, so eventually I'm going to get off my behind and try a low GI diet and see if that improves things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinogradovh View Post
    Pinksunset, I've never used saw palmetto actually, it's not so easily accessible here, but I've read recently, they have started to sell it here too, so I will look into it for sure. I've read alot of positive reports of cysters saying, it has helped them heaps though. Thanks for reminding it to me!
    I buy mine on ebay its pretty cheap actually! It blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT which causes hair loss/hair growth etc. I stopped taking mine because the doctor wants yet another blood sample and i don't want it to interfere with the results but as soon as this is done i'll start taking it again. I'd say its worth a shot and definitely supposed to help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hyesweetie View Post
    @pinksunset ...I never heard of saw palmetto but looks like its another option I might take to stop my hair loss ..thanks for your tip!!
    @vinogradovh Yes I heard Turkey is very beautiful place... I wish I could visit soon...also yes mediterranean food are healthy but its all about portion contro. As
    for the onion juice no results yet its day 4 plus my period is running late so I'm feeling down ..then again my body always reacts slowely to stuff. Yes I definitly close my nose when I drink the juice LOL
    Well there are some things that have great reviews. One consistent one is chasteberry/vitex which seems to have good reviews across the board and very good at everything related to fertility including balancing hormones (whether you have too much or too little) but it is slow to work.
    The saw palmetto in theory should work although it might take some time to show any effects on hirsuitism.
    Inositol helps control blood sugar levels.
    Zinc/vitamin D/magnesium/Calcium and all other good things also help! And a daily multi vitamin. Vitamin D is pretty important for hair (on your head not other places loool) so if you're deficient, which you probably are as manyyy women with PCOS are deficient, this could be a key factor in hair loss. Review your diet and decide if you need to take a supplement for it (i take cod liver oil daily) with 100% RDA of vitamin D along with calcium/vitamin D tablets (100% RDA of both) etc etc When my hair used to fall out i never knew why, but then i started to become healthier and not i see before it was attributed to a severe vitamin D deficiency. Good luck!