Registered User Retrograde Wanderer's Avatar
    I am originally from Ohio. I go to grad school in Georgia now. (Go Bulldogs!)
    Thanks

Default CysterWigs - A wig salon specifically for women with PCOS (Like me)

CysterWigs - the ONLY online wig salon specifically for women with PCOS related hair loss

Hello! I guess if I were to shamelessly plug my store, this forum is the place to do it!

My name is Heather and I am the founder/owner of CysterWigs: www.cysterwigs.com
    I also provide wig reviews for my store on the site and on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetrogradeHeather
    You can also find me on Facebook, though that is something I just started*: https://www.facebook.com/Cysterwigs

I not only want people to check out my store, but I also hope people will share their PCOS-related wig experiences on my site (if they feel inclined to share). I want to spread PCOS and related hair loss awareness through my store, and hopefully make a little money while helping people in the process. No one should have to struggle with this more than necessary. I had a horrible time trying to come to terms with my PCOS and the symptoms - the balding especially. I don't think anyone should suffer for things that are out of their control.

We work with some of the biggest and best brands in the business, and each style has to meet my approval before I'll list it. We currently carry Envy, Estetica, Sepia, Blush, Risqué, Forever Young, and Jon Renau wig lines. Revlon, Rene of Paris, Noriko, Amore, and LuxHair are coming in May.

We add new wigs every day, so if you don't see what you're looking for just come back in a few days...or send me a message. We also sell really fun gifts and home wares in addition to wigs. I answer all questions submitted on the site personally.

I provide high-fashion wigs and tips for YOUNG women - which is way different from most wig outlets. I want to make it a NORMAL experience. I mean, why should buying hair be any different from buying a really awesome dress or great pair of shoes? If it makes you feel good - why not?

A little about me:

I LOVE wigs! I have really embraced them as a very real, meaningful part of my PCOS coping strategy. I thought that I should take my knowledge and parlay it into an online resource and store for other women with this disorder who want to experiment with wigs as a way of reclaiming this essential part of their femininity. More women wear wigs than most of us realize. I am on a one-woman mission to make shopping for a sexy, professional, everyday wig as normal as possible.

I have had PCOS pretty much my whole life, with the very first symptoms appearing at age 9. I have *never* had a regular period in my entire life, even back in the days when I was skinny. I've experienced all kinds of symptoms - irregular menses, infertility, hair growth in funny places, my boobs went down a full cup size when my weight increased - but the worst symptom to me, at least from an emotional standpoint, was the hair loss.

My hair loss started gradually when I was 16 or 17 and only tapered off a bit when I was prescribed met and spiro...at age 32. I experimented with a lot of hair restoration shampoos, herbal remedies, and makeup/styling tricks. Some things worked to mask the thinning, but nothing seemed to make a lasting impact. I shaved my head in frustration once the hair loss became impossible to conceal. I liked the freedom the lack of hair provided me. It forced me to analyze what my hair really meant to me. Being bald neutralized some of the emotions I was experiencing about my hair, but I didn't feel quite like my normal, girly self. That is when I started experimenting with wigs.

Buying wigs in the store was painful because the stores were full of expensive "chemo wigs" or cheap wigs you had to throw out after only a month of wear. Furthermore, no matter if I was shopping in person or online, none of the stores seemed to cater to women with PCOS - and it's the #1 cause of hair loss in women of reproductive age! There weren't many resources, and I found that super frustrating. There was a TON of snake oil and misinformation. The wigs weren't realistic looking enough or were super-over-priced. So...that's how I ended up opening a store of my own! I pride myself on running ridiculously awesome sales and the fact that our wigs range from fresh to hip to flirty to professional - and some are all of the above.

I would really appreciate it if you would check it out. Also, feel free to let me know what you think! You're suggestions and advice are always welcome, Cysters!

* I'm kind of new to the whole Facebook thing, so I would definitely appreciate it if you would "like" my store, especially if you dig the concept!
    "Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious." - Virgil

Hi! Hidden Content My name is Heather and I am the founder/owner of CysterWigs.com, the only online wig resource specifically designed for women with PCOS-related alopecia and AA. I have been experiencing AA since I was 17 and am now a full-time wig wearer. I also do wig reviews on YouTube under the name Retrograde Heather.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User Retrograde Wanderer's Avatar
    I am originally from Ohio. I go to grad school in Georgia now. (Go Bulldogs!)
    Thanks

Default Jon Renau Wigs BOGOHO

I just wanted to let everyone know that right now my store, cysterwigs.com, is running a BOGOHO special on Jon Renau wigs. Buy one, get one half off.
    http://cysterwigs.com/collections/jon-renau-wigs

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde Wanderer View Post
    CysterWigs - the ONLY online wig salon specifically for women with PCOS related hair loss

Hello! I guess if I were to shamelessly plug my store, this forum is the place to do it!

My name is Heather and I am the founder/owner of CysterWigs: www.cysterwigs.com
    I also provide wig reviews for my store on the site and on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RetrogradeHeather
    You can also find me on Facebook, though that is something I just started*: https://www.facebook.com/Cysterwigs

I not only want people to check out my store, but I also hope people will share their PCOS-related wig experiences on my site (if they feel inclined to share). I want to spread PCOS and related hair loss awareness through my store, and hopefully make a little money while helping people in the process. No one should have to struggle with this more than necessary. I had a horrible time trying to come to terms with my PCOS and the symptoms - the balding especially. I don't think anyone should suffer for things that are out of their control.
    "Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious." - Virgil

Hi! Hidden Content My name is Heather and I am the founder/owner of CysterWigs.com, the only online wig resource specifically designed for women with PCOS-related alopecia and AA. I have been experiencing AA since I was 17 and am now a full-time wig wearer. I also do wig reviews on YouTube under the name Retrograde Heather.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content