Thanks

Default Maca or maca root and vitex????

Hello everyone I have been reading up on Maca/ Maca Root and vitex off and on for sometime. Could any one tell me there experiences with it? (Vitex,maca/ maca root or both) how did you take it? Daily, only at certain times, etc... Do you feel its been successful/benficial? Did you start out on a specific dosage and move up or was it a constant dose? Did you have any side effects from taking it? Would you reccomend it?
    ***thanks in advance :-)***

****Shani***

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I tried Vitex but didn't see any results personally. I took maca as well. Liquid version, 30 drops in a shot of water (it's nasty, you'll need a chaser) 3 times a day. Not sure if it was maca or a combo of things that made me feel better but never did I get pregnant while on it. Be aware too that you shouldn't mix it with prescribed injects since it mimics estrogen and can cause you to overstimm before your follies are ready.
    Hidden Content Married 7/9/11 Hidden Content TTC since 7/11, Diagnosed 11/11
    Every combination of femara/follistim = 7 bfn's
    IVF #1 = 41 eggs, 4 perfect day 5& 6 blasts frozen due to OHSS
    Oct 2012 Surprise bfp while on bcp?! MC @ 5 1/2 weeks

Jan. 2013 FET 2 day 5&6 blasts= BFP!
    Beta # 1: 885, #2: 3365 Baby Girl born 9/18/13
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi RMMien,
    nice to meet you. And thank you for replying to my questions... i am going to try the now foods brand of maca and vitex supplements im about a month or two. I have heard some good review on the now food brand of Maca. it wld be a great motivator If i lose my 4% for the july challenge. I am working on losing some weight and getting connected with a good dr. I have an appt on monday.. i got my finger crossed that this doctoer is awesome... lol well enought of my rambling and thank you again for responding
    ****Shani****

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks

I buy my Maca online from BIOVEA but I also buy the powder for smoothies from bulk barn.

I have been taking Maca since mid January and I now swear by it. If I miss a few days I am irritable, moody and can't focus. I take two 500mg capsules daily. I once tried more than that and it did not make my stomache feel very well.

It seems to calm my mood swings so it must be doing something for my hormones.

I am hoping to start Vitex on day 5 of my next cycle, somewhere I have gotten the idea that this is the best time to start it?

In Dec I discovered that I had actual cysts (including the PCOS) on my ovaries and had all sorts of symptoms that went along with them. I went to an acupuncturist who put me on chinese herbs and I took that tea twice a day for 4 months until my benefits ran out and I couldn't afford the cost anymore.

I seem to be pretty balanced... or hope so.
    What you seek is seeking you - Rumi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ju For This Useful Post:

shani2004 (07-01-2013)

Thanks

I've been on vitex since January and it has done nothing for me in terms of regulating cycles/bringing on AF. :-( I take Nature's Way brand and for the first 6 weeks I took 3 pills and now i take one. I began maca root capsules probably in early April and I take one pill 3 times a day. But I forget sometimes! Once again no AF (which obviously ovulating is my ultimate goal here) but who knows maybe it is helping with other stuff. Other than no periods I don't really have other PCOS symptoms- hair growth, acne etc. so maybe it does help and I just don't realize it.

Total bummer that neither of these worked for me but I've heard good things about both which is why I tried them. Good luck!!
    Me: 28, PCOS Hidden Content DH: 28, Good to go TTC baby #1 since May 2012 Hidden Content
    ... taking metformin ER 1,000mg, multi pre-natal, vitamin D3
    SURPRISE BFP 3/27/14... please stay with me little one!
    Beta #1 CD 28= 114 Beta # 2= 497 Beta # 3 = 1,589

Hidden Content

"In the depths of winter I have found that within me... lies an invincible summer."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna512 For This Useful Post:

shani2004 (07-01-2013)