Thanks

Default Spearmint capsules vs. tea

I've read (more than a million times) that spearmint is great for reducing excess hair growth. While I love a great cup of hot tea, sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it, especially twice a day. I've tried it for five days and it's just too much. Hot tea is more of an every now and then thing for me. However, I have heard of spearmint capsules. Does anyone take these? Are they just as proven as drinking the tea? Is consuming spearmint really a waste of my time altogether?
    Diagnosed with PCOS in February 2010
    Lost 75 pounds from September 2012 - September 2013 (still going!)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Can't tell you if it works or not, but I CAN tell you it makes your breath smell great.

I drank Spearmint tea for awhile, I still sneak it into my tea now and then...but I find that it gives me bad indigestion. I would suggest being very careful with the capsules if you go that way. Accidentally overdosing is easier, and an overdose is DANGEROUS.

I don't know if the spearmint would do the same thing, but I tried using peppermint oil capsules to treat my IBS and found it had very unpleasant side effects when it, erm...went out the other end.

Thanks

CrazyBeautiful, your post made me laugh a little because I went on a spearmint tea kick about a year ago when I read that it was good for reducing unwanted hair growth. I faithfully drank 3 cups a day for about a week and then could NOT force myself to drink one more mug! I was so sick of it. I still shudder when I smell spearmint. I didn't give it enough time to see a change in hair growth but I did notice that my sex drive plummeted so it had to have some effect on hormones. I didn't realize you could get spearmint capsules but that definitely seems like a better alternative to chugging tea all day

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jlaurennifer For This Useful Post:

CrazyBeautiful (09-18-2013)

Registered User TheAdventureLady's Avatar
    Thanks

Good idea! I too am getting tired of the same tea everyday, and a capsule would be a great alternative.

Thanks

I took the capsules and it didn't work as good as the tea, but I think if I had taken 2 twice a day it would have worked better.
    Kim (28) Andy (29) TTC #1
    08/13/2013 Femara 7.5mgs CD 3-7 Trigger CD16 2WW=BFN
    10/13/2013 Femara 7.5mgs CD 3-7 Trigger CD19 w/ 2 follies! 2WW=BFN
    11/13/2013 Femara 7.5mgs CD3-7/Estradiol CD3-7 = No O
    12/30/2013 Natural BFP! m/c at approx. 5 weeks

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm going to try the capsules for a few months before I give up on the whole "spearmint" thing. I just can't drink tea religiously!
    Diagnosed with PCOS in February 2010
    Lost 75 pounds from September 2012 - September 2013 (still going!)

Thanks

Please let us know your results after you've taken the spearmint capsules for a few months! I take a couple herbal supplements that I feel have helped me a great deal and I even cured my frequent migraines with feverfew capsules, but I don't want to commit to taking another pill in the morning unless I know it really works.

Thanks

EnduringPlum, would you be happy to reveal which supplements you feel are aiding you with respect to facial hair reduction? Also, what dose of feverfew are you taking to keep migraines at bay?
    Thanks!

Registered User Fighting the fluff's Avatar
    Thanks

What about spearmint essential oil? I know 2 drops of peppermint is equivalent to 20+cups of tea.
    I was thinking about ordering some from mountain rose herbs and mixing it in my moisturizer.

Thoughts?