Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Plantar Fasciitis anyone?

I think I have to give up jogging, at least for awhile; I'm a little miffed, as it was my go-to workout. My heel spurs may have caused plantar fasciitis though, and I'm having trouble walking. Right now sneakers with special insoles (all. day. long.) are my friend, but not a complete fix. Anyone deal with this? My symptoms don't totally fit- no pain in the morning, but it gets excruciating by bedtime. Otherwise the symptoms fit, stabbing heel pain (like a knife gouging me), can't put weight on it, etc... I'm going to start trying some stretches and see where that gets me.

I think I'm going to look into a stationary bike if this cycle of fertility treatments doesn't work. Or maybe I'll get a new YMCA membership and start swimming again. I don't want to relapse on all my hard work (down 75lbs) but this is hard. I tried resting (no walking/jogging) for a week or two, no improvement. The insoles have helped, I can walk around the zoo again with DS- I still hurt by the end of the night, but it's not as bad (dull stabbing versus intense sharp stabbing).
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    4 years & injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    injects/IUI= DD twins born 06/14
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I've had it on the past but with classic symptoms. I had boots prescribed by my podiatrist to wear while sleeping to help it. They did help a bit. My sis is borrowing them for now, post-marathon training.
    Lots of massage is good, such as rubbing feet over a tennis ball and lots of stretching.
    Mine eventually resolved. I gave up ever wearing heels except for a couple special occasions...then regretted those.
    Gretchen, age 31, DH age 38
    4 Clomid cycles
    1. No O 2. w/IUI=BFN 3. w/trigger=BFN
    Surprise BFP on Metformin only cycle 8/10/2012, m/c 8/13/2012
    O'd again Metformin Only Sept 2012, BFN. Clomid cycle 4 O w/trigger & 2 mature follies= Baby girl born 6/28/2013!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brideofmonkey For This Useful Post:

AnotherDreamer (10-21-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Gretchen I'll have to try massaging it more! Hopefully I can get this resolved eventually, it's been really bad.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have ps, but I do have Morton's Neuroma in my left foot. It's incredibly painful which can make walking a challenge at times - very embarrassing. I think I developed it due to a lot of outdoor walking this past Spring/Summer. I had to have insoles made as well. It doesn't bother me as much on a tmill, but outdoor walking is the worst. I do have a stationary bike and it's been my God send for so many reasons over the years, and it doesn't bother my foot at all, so I would certainly recommend you try one out!
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondInTheRough For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd been doing all my jogging on my treadmill (while DS naps/slept at night), it was really convenient. Thanks for the recommendation about a stationary bike I do think it'll be the easiest thing for me to do, since I do all my workouts from home.

My feet have had some issue for awhile, from the heel spurs and they do this weird thing... they crack 24/7, never stop, all I have to do is flex/stretch them. PCP said it's weird, but there's nothing wrong with them. It was because of that we found out about the heel spurs lol. My feet are sore most of the time, but this heel pain was new and a lot more intense. I was hoping the weight loss would help with the feet issues honestly, less weight on them and all that... but nope.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

I get that random popping with my feet as well. But I also have arthritis. Weight loss has helped me control things a lot, but it's still a fine line between a good day and a flare up at times. Every morning I wake up to pain and stiffness in my feet/heels and it takes me about five minutes into my routine before it fades (big improvement from hours if not days!) I think people underestimate how important our feet really are. My bike helped me become active when in the beginning I could hardly get through five minutes on the lowest setting. It's seen me through so much. It's literally falling apart right now, I am going to keep an eye out for a new one soon.
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondInTheRough For This Useful Post: