Thread: Plexus Slim?

Thanks

Default Plexus Slim?

Has anyone tried this? My friend is raving about this. LOL So I'm tempted to try it (as I have stalled in weight loss and am super frustrated).
    Hidden Content Me: 30 DH: 35Hidden Content
    Married for 11 years.
    DS#1 - 05/02/2000
    DS#2 - 05/03/2012 - conceived from 3 months of vitex (1000mg), DCI (1200mg), prenatal, & vegetarian diet.
    Last chemical pregnancies - Nov 2012 and June 2013;
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have a sister in law who takes this and sells it and so I looked into it but didn't like the look of it. I am not saying it is bad or good, I haven't personally taken it but my research made me decide it wasn't right for me. I wouldn't personally recommend it to anyone based on what I have learnt about the products, especially someone who has pcos, but I will try to explain what I learnt without being too biased (I hope).

According to what I found out online and talking to my dr and pharmacist the 'pink drink' is a combination of green coffee extract, garcinia cambogia, chromium, fiber and a few other natural products. The fiber is what makes you feel full and the chromium is what regulates the blood sugar (two of plexus' claims). There is no research that my dr or myself could find to show that plexus actually works for weight loss any better than these individuals supplements might. If these supplements are what you are looking for the plexus does seem a little steep in price for what you are getting but that's a personal choice. Also, my dr told me I was not to take the 'pink drink' with my Metformin as the chromium would interfere with it and reduce my sugar levels to potentially dangerous levels.

The Accelerate has DMAA in it which is named by the company as GeranX and is also referred to as geramium root extract. According to the research I did this stuff isn't too good for you. This portion of the Plexus program has been banned in Australia by the Therapeutic Goods Association and Australian Customs. To me, as I live in Australia, if our government agencies have banned it I am a little wary. Some of the sites I read about this product-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

http://www.australasianscience.com.a...dope-dmaa.html

http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysuppl.../ucm346576.htm

You could probably find more if you search for DMAA.

The Bio Cleanse is, according to my pharmacist, essentially a laxative. Same as I said before, it seems a little expensive for a laxative.

This is just what I personally found out and why I decided not to try Plexus. I am not saying don't, just wanted to share my own Plexus thoughts. Others may not agree with me and who knows, maybe I am wrong and it is great and really works. The best of luck with your weight loss efforts no matter which way you decide
    Last edited by chica1978; 10-30-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Rachel (PCOS dx 1993) 35 Hidden Content DH (MFI dx 2012) 41
    1 Fur Baby- Lilly- 5yo Maltese
    Current Meds- Met 1500mg, Androcur, ACV/Cinn./Honey, Vit B, Iron, Vit D + Calcium

TTC#1- 5 years
    Now adjusting to the fact we have chosen to remain childless and move on

Currently: Concentrating on Getting this Weight Off!!!
    Low Carb/Low Calorie, Home Exercise Program
    Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chica1978 For This Useful Post:

AngelaMO (10-30-2013)

Thanks

My cousin use this and he often told me to try. He used it and I seen a major changes in his body before and after. That change force me to suggest this product once. May be it is also help you too.

Thanks

My coworker sells this too and says its improved her fibromyalgia and caused weight loss. She also said her friend's pcos is better bc of it. But I just have a bad feeling about it. For one, these things might work while taking them, but once you stop you usually gain the weight back. They aren't eating any different or working out. Just seems like they are setting themselves up for failure. Second, the ingredients, like pp said, are a little iffy. Anything that makes you spontaneously lose weight doesn't seem natural to me. Then add that unnatural pink color . . . Top that with a price tag of approx. $100 a month and I'll pass on it. Best way to lose weight and keep it off is the old fashioned way in my opinion. Of course, easier said than done lol
    Me (30) BF (26)
    Diagnosed PCOS, MTHFR C677T, Hypothroidism, Fibromyalgia
    Taking Synthroid 325mcg, Labetalol, Methyl Folate, Methyl B12, P5P, Nordic Naturals EPA/DHA, D3, Royal Jelly
    TTC since 3/13 (officially anyway lol)Hidden Content || Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm totally a skeptic. I decided I would give it a 6 day trial. The first 3 days I ate every single thing that I wanted. It's been Halloween, afterall. So I ate a half of a pie in 2 days. I ate a piece of cobbler. I ate ice cream. LOL I ate pasta. NO WAY CAN YOU LOSE WEIGHT LIKE THAT. Right? But I did. 3 pounds. Now. I've had a trigger shot and that amount of HCG may interfere, but I've seen enough to know that I want to give plexus a real shot - with healthy eating and moderate exercise.
    Married for 11 years.
    DS#1 - 05/02/2000
    DS#2 - 05/03/2012 - conceived from 3 months of vitex (1000mg), DCI (1200mg), prenatal, & vegetarian diet.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I used it and lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks. I did feel that it helped to stabilize my sweet cravings and appetite. I thought the product tasted terrible. I know that I am in the minority on this. LOL As an aside, I just wanted to mention that I do not sell the product.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archiesjess For This Useful Post:

AngelaMO (11-04-2013)

Thanks

Update: In first 8 days I am down 7 pounds and 4.5 inches.
    Married for 11 years.
    DS#1 - 05/02/2000
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Angela are you still taking the Plexus? I'm wondering what the overall results have been! I'm new to this site and i've been looking into plexus so id love to hear from you!

Thanks

I stopped taking it. I bought a month supply and didn't drop anything else. I added a probiotic and that seemed to help - but I kind of questioned that my body needed a probiotic to be able to handle the pink drink. :/ To top that - I started getting major headaches. Like laid-up-on-the-couch-near-migraine-level headaches. And who's got time for that?! LOL So I stopped it. My friend (who initially got me on it) stopped taking it too because she started getting nauseated by it.
    Married for 11 years.
    DS#1 - 05/02/2000
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I know I am a little late to the party here, but I have had great succes with the Plexus Slim. The weight loss is sloooow, but at least the scale is moving. But more importantly the chronic fatigue is GONE! I feel awake and not like a walking zomibe anymore. I'm so pleased with how it is helping with my energy levels.

Thanks

I have been taking Plexus and I LOVE it. I have had PCOS since I was 18 - or at least was diagnosed then. I saw the Plexus helped with it and gave it a shot. It was designed to be an all natural help for diabetics - which like you know, PCOS has a lot of similarities to diabetes. It evens out my blood sugar so I don't crave sugar all the time. I have even started to eat veggies because they sound appetizing. I know this is kind of lame - but I HATED most vegetables. I just had snap peas, bell pepper, broccoli, and carrots at lunch.

I know what some of you mean by the side effects - but you have to keep in mind that a lot of those side effects are called "die off symptoms." Your body is switching over from crappy mode to healthy mode. It is very normal to have headaches. You have to be tough through that to reach the other side. I mean - you can't start out with a crummy diet and expect to have no side effects from your damage to your body. You have to consider them as good things.

Also - cancer has been on my mind a lot lately. My dad just passed from it, and it really gave me a wake up call. I am currently 26. I just got married and want children. At the weight I am now, it just isn't going to happen. On the road I'm heading, I will be disabled, chronically ill, and morbidly obese by the time I'm 40. That is SO NOT a good look for me!

Plexus is not a meal replacement. I took HCG for YEARS.. lost weight and gained it all back again 2 fold. Talk about damaging your body. Plexus is teaching me to eat right and lose weight right. And yes, the pounds are coming off. I just feel better!

Please let me know/ message me if you have questions and need answers. I have tons of testimonies to show you. If you're a skeptic, there are 3 and 7 day trials!

I found something that works for me, and I thought of this board, so I decided to come back and share the wealth!

<3 Megan

Thanks

Megan I couldn't agree with you more! Plexus is changing my life. So thankful for it

Thanks

megmc~ I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but way to go with your healthy attitude! : )

Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is interesting to me. I've enjoyed hearing your reviews and experiences. In my search for Advocare and PCOS I have just learned about Plexus Slim. Now I'm curious to try it. Thank you all for the info.