Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Question Embarrassing question... is a large clitoris a normal symptom of PCOS????

Hello cysters,
    This is really embarrassing...
    My dr told me that women with PCOS have large clitoris. Do you? Mine is rather large, I guess. Not long, just a bit larger that normal. I was pretty embarrassed when he brought this up while he was examining me. He even had the nurse bring out a paper measuring tape and measured me!!!!!! Talk about absolute humiliation. But I guess I should see it as a plus. It helps me with orgasms!!! LOL

Anyway, Is this a normal symptom? I haven't seen this posted anywhere?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to COTTAGEROSE For This Useful Post:

yakima (11-07-2012)

Thanks

Yup...it's a symptom of excess androgens, mostly testosterone. When I first went to see my endocrinologist, I was surprised when she suddenly said, "Okay, now I'd like to take a look at your clitoris." She said the cltoris grows in response to the testosterone, so an enlarged one is a sign of virilization..... If we were men, during our embryonic development, our clitoris would have turned into a penis. So, I guess we are growing a penis! Hee hee... Okay, not quite...

Thanks

I just have to ask... who decides what is a normal size for a clitoris? I've never had a doctor tell me mine was larger than normal and I'm certainly not going to ask. That just kinda throws me when something is deemed "normal" yet everyone is different.
    Me - 28

"Stars, hide your fires; let not light see my black and deep desires. The eye wink at the hand, yet let that be which the eye fears, when it is done, to see."

"I've tried to get away from it all, but I've failed, for I've come to see... although much I find, I can leave behind, I can't get away from me."

curvaceous soulcyster! :) FIONA's Avatar
    Thanks

...first I've heard of that one!! I have to say though, when I was Cipramil - the anti-depressant, mine got bigger but it was really not a good thing because I was so tender ALL the time. apparently that is one of the side effects.....and it took me 2 months after I came off it to get back to normal!

just thought I'd add my bit! sorry to change the subject!

fee
    Age 31 - textbook case, no meds right now but have tried Diannette (for 8 years -great but weight and blood pressure went up) and Metformin (didn't agree with me). hoping to start Clomid within the next few months. No period since September '02 - Hormones and moods are going haywire!

Hidden Content

Thanks

I had heard of the same thing! So I asked my dh if mine was changed in any way since my symptoms started:o and he said it hasnt. But true to pcos not all of us have all the symptoms.
    Mom of 4 girls Hidden Content

Thanks

My ob/gyn did order labs to test my testosterone and the results came back normal. ?????? I am not excessively hairy, although I do have the peach fuzz on my face as well as hair on my sideburns, upper lip and chin. I noticed that the dark course hair have grown after I plucked. I do not have a deep voice or have a hairy chest or back. My arms are not excessively hair either. I do have thinning hair. Now I am very concerned. I plan on scheduling an appointment wiht my dr asap and have repeat labs done since the last tests were done about 4 years ago.

Thanks for all the info.

Thanks

Yes it can be one of the results of pcos.. i rememebr a few years back when being examined by the consultant, he called the nurse in as he wanted to look at my clitoris.. then said do you mind if some medical students come in.. by now being used to doctors i agreed... and about 6 students came in and were told " here we have a good case of clitomegaly as associated with pcos"...... and yes it is very sensitive esp when you dont want it to be... lol

Squidge (whose voice dropped as well ......)

Thanks

Hi,
    I have read somewhere that this is true.

BabyG
    TTC#1
    Clomid 50mg No O
    Clomid 100mg P4 13.4
    Clomid 100mg No O
    Metformin 500mg
    Clomid 150mg P4 43.1
    +HPT 6/14/03
    Beta on 6/16/03 = 297
    Beta on 6/19/03 = 1076

Thanks

What I want to know is what is a normal sized one ?? I have no idea id mine is larger than normal or not! How would we know?
    -Infertile/Treatment Resistant (Clomid/injectables)
    -Failed gnRH pump attempt
    -Insmed study participant
    -Laparoscopy, drilling May '03
    -1200 mg DCI, 1500 Metformin
    - 5'2, 130 lbs
    -Adopted daughter, Arianna 7 years old
    -Adopted daughter, Anna, 7 months old

Thanks

I'd love to know the answer to that!

I've always had a complex about mine, until I realized that I was lucky since it makes sex better (for me anyways).

Guess you won't see any measurements in Cosmo, eh?
    Hidden Content
    If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it
    age dx:18
    Fiance's age: 31
    aldactone 100mg 1998-1999
    Diane-35 1999-present
    Canadian currently teaching English in South Korea

Thanks

well mine is huge :o lol

now i know why ..it never used to be as big but the last few year Woooow

mine is also very sensitive Im usualy the first to finish ...makes a change lol

love and kisses a now more informed jo x x x x x x

Thanks

You know ironicly I was wondering the same thing. Since I was 14 I noticed my clitoris was sort of large but I thought maybe it was normal actually back then I thought the size of it was perfectly normal. Then when I met hubby he points out that my clitoris is somewhat large (well obviously he must have seen a few from his past relationships ) but when he said that it made me feel sort of abnormal then recently I started experiancing symptoms of PCOS so maybe it is related to PCOS. I have no idea i know when i first met hubby I was pretty thin. w/ no symptoms of PCOS. I've gained weight since. *Big Sigh*
    StormyGirl
    Last edited by StormyGirl; 03-22-2003 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks

Talking I thought it was just me

Hey ladies.
    Good to know that I am not the only one with this problem it is kinda embarrising which is why I never brought it up. I am so glad that I joined this community. I learn something new here everyday.
    Kat
    PRAY FOR OUR MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES. I AM AWAITING MY SISTERS SAFE RETURN HOME TO HER 5 YEAR OLD SON WHO IS LIVING WITH ME & DH UNTIL SHE RETURNS
    me 28
    dh 28
    dx with pcos 1997
    ttc #1
    1 mc and 1 tubal pg
    meds used: bc, clomid, progetsrone, injectable fertinex, metformin/glucophage

Thanks

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the size of a large clitoris?

Thanks

OH thank God im not the only one.. i had no idea WHY i was big whew!! now i know