Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks

My testosterone levels are on the elevated side of normal. Hair loss on my head but no excess hair.

Thanks

Thank you all for this helpful information. I will have to try those shampoos. I would ask my doctor about the blood pressure meds but my blood pressure stay really low anyway so i would think the meds would throw my bp under what is healthy. I dont know that for sure though so I might bring it up at my next appointment

Thanks

ohh i have this problemm!!! i was diagnosed with PCOS lately, have the extra hair and the hair thinning symptoms but with normal testosterone levels!!! i'm from Mediterranean decent and when i did some research i realized this is common among Mediterraneans, now i'm going to check with a new gynecologist i know this is old but i had to share and thank the author

Thanks

im going to start taking spiro and i have a mild case. anyone notice a difference in mild cases?

Thanks

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was a bit younger and prescribed metformin, aldactone and birth control pill. I never was good about taking the medicine because I didn't see any other symptom except irregular periods. I wasn't worried about that then but now I am seeing more of the symptoms like weight gain/unability to lose weight/hirutism and hair loss on the scalp. I am so scared it I don't take care of this soon I will be totally bald. Ok, so I have begun a low carb diet and I have the meds I never took. I have aldactone and metformin both 100 mg. They do not expire until sometime in 2012. I don't have insurance now and I don't have access to any endocrinologists or physicians so I was wondering what would the adverse reactions be of me taking the aldactone and metformin now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Thanks

I ahve a lot of facial hair will it stop once you start meds?

Thanks

I don't get it... I have a lost of cysts, but i have very low testosterone levels. Also no abnormal hair growth. The only thing is diffuse thinning. DOes this sound like PCOS?

Thanks

Eef1978, I'm in a similar situation. I am ttc & was just diagnosed with pcos. My major symptoms are hair thinning (hair is receding as well) & polycystic ovaries. Mu scalp is also prickly/tingly feeling most of the time. My progesterone was found to be low but other hormones are in the normal range.
    I noticed the symptoms when I came off the pill in 1/11. My re put me on metformin (but hasn't done a glucose tolerance test) & plans to try clomid/iui next month. He really brushed off my concerns about hair loss & said he couldn't do anything to help with that while I was ttc.
    I'd love to get pg but don't want to go bald trying!

Good luck to you! Are you trying anything to help with the hair loss?

Thanks

Believe it or not my testosterone levels are on the low side. And I've still been losing hair like a middle aged man. I have only about 30-40% of my hair. My iron levels are fine. And no I don't have Lupus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LovesFashion View Post
    whats everyones dhea? mine was 969! and my test was 65. 4 out of 5 doctors said normal. Meanwhile my hair has been falling out for 5 months!

ITs so hard to determine what is the cause - i also have very low iron, and i have no idea which is causing the loss, i guess it could also be a little ofeverything!

I am responding to this very late in the game but my General practitioner recently told me that for women whose hair is falling out, it can help if your iron levels are on the low end of normal, to take iron supplements. I began that + biotin last week and feel like the hair loss has improved (still a problem) and the hair itself seems healthier.

Thanks

Hi there everyone! I was diagnosed with PCOS a few weeks ago. I have had to shave my face daily and chest and stomach whenever it gets out of hand or I feel like wearing clothing that would show these problem areas. I also have to shave my arms so I don't feel like a wolfman or something. These problems started when I was in 6th grade and I am now a freshman in college. I was so terrified to tell my doctors or my parents or ANYONE until 2 months ago and about 2 weeks ago, I was officially diagnosed with PCOS. Because I also have extreme irregular menstrual cycles, my OB/GYN put me on the generic version of Yaz. I have been taking the birth control for a week. Does anyone know if this birth control will really help the hair growth? If so, how long did it take for results to show? I know there will never be a magical fix for these problems, but it would be nice to know if anyone has had any luck.

Thanks

I use nioxin. Didn't help for me sadly!!!

Thanks

But what is this nizoral?

Thanks

That is a very interesting article. I wonder why that is the case? Clearly more research is need on PCOS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justnicolyn View Post
    Hi there everyone! I was diagnosed with PCOS a few weeks ago. I have had to shave my face daily and chest and stomach whenever it gets out of hand or I feel like wearing clothing that would show these problem areas. I also have to shave my arms so I don't feel like a wolfman or something. These problems started when I was in 6th grade and I am now a freshman in college. I was so terrified to tell my doctors or my parents or ANYONE until 2 months ago and about 2 weeks ago, I was officially diagnosed with PCOS. Because I also have extreme irregular menstrual cycles, my OB/GYN put me on the generic version of Yaz. I have been taking the birth control for a week. Does anyone know if this birth control will really help the hair growth? If so, how long did it take for results to show? I know there will never be a magical fix for these problems, but it would be nice to know if anyone has had any luck.
    No guarantees, but the birth control stands a fair chance of greatly reducing the growth of "male" hair -- though you've got to watch, because if you stop taking the birth control the hair growth may come back much heavier until your natural production of female hormones resumes. But don't let having to shave every day spoil your life -- it's simply a fact of life. And the great thing is that many of us have DHs who are really quite happy with the fact that we have moustache and beard growth and shave as much as they do. It seems that there are a lot of guys out there who aren't fazed by a girl who shaves. If they're not worried, why should we get upset by having to shave?

Joy