Thanks

Default stubborn facial hair.. how to remove w/o a rash

my facial hair is very coarse and stubborn and extremely hard to remove even with waxing. everytime i try to use something (i've tried it all: waxing, plucking, depilatories, even shaving-i don't know what would possess me to but i tried it anyway lol... anyway i end up with a horrible looking rash that takes forever to go away and what's worst is the hair is still there, i don't know why, I follow the directions!!! what could i use that would help and also to avoid the rash?

thanks
    23 y/o; finally diagnosed summer '03; bloodwork revealed excess male hormones

cystic acne, facial/body hair, hair loss, overweight

looking for natural approach (diet/fitness)

--All I want to do is hide from the world and take a break from reality and that's just not possible because time stands still for no one and before I know it I'll be a "has-been" without ever being a 'was'--

Thanks

I have tried it all almost. I have done the depilatories,waxing,plucking,shaving and electrolysis. The electrolysis was painful not mention I wasn't about let hair be there until the next treatment. I pretty much pluck and shave. I do get those bumps sometimes. I work in salon and in one of the magazines they had this product for sensitive skin,razor burns,ect. I'm going to send for more info and try it. I'll update when I get it.

Kelly

Thanks

thanks for the info... I actually picked up "sally hansen creme hair remover for face" today, u can get it at any pharmacy, wal mart, or probably even the supermarket. it's only about 5.00 for a 2oz tube... it was between that and this newer one i've never seen before "nair creme hair remover for the face" (something like that) in a little pink box. I chose sally's. soon as i give it a try i'll let you know how it works... scared it might give me a bloody rash (they always do)...

PS has anyone had any good/bad experience with this product? how about the nair hair remover for the face?
    23 y/o; finally diagnosed summer '03; bloodwork revealed excess male hormones

cystic acne, facial/body hair, hair loss, overweight

looking for natural approach (diet/fitness)

--All I want to do is hide from the world and take a break from reality and that's just not possible because time stands still for no one and before I know it I'll be a "has-been" without ever being a 'was'--

Thanks

I've used the sally hansen on my upper lip. If the hair is fine, it can be irritating, but if your hair is coarse, it should work beautifully. (I have coarse hairs on the sides, and fine hair in the middle, so I only put it on the sides, wait 5 mins, and wash off.)

Thanks

Default i have the solution 'so confused'

I want to reply to you because i use to experience the same thing with waxing and shaving facial hair until I found............."THE HAIR OFF MITTEN"......It actually BUFFS HAIR AWAY !!!so u don't have to worry about nicks, chemicals, stubble an ugly rash or bumps. Now your probably saying buff away hair...yeah right!..But trust me i was skeptical at first but it WORKS!!...You should be able to find it along with the other hair removal products. Follow the instructions on the back and INSTANTLY you have smoothe hair free skin with no rash! and as a plus! its quick and easy.....I really hope that helps you!

1000mg meds
    diagnosed '02
    excess facial hair
    hair loss
    weight gain

Thanks

Default Re: i have the solution 'so confused'

Originally posted by sasha34
    I want to reply to you because i use to experience the same thing with waxing and shaving facial hair until I found............."THE HAIR OFF MITTEN"......It actually BUFFS HAIR AWAY !!!so u don't have to worry about nicks, chemicals, stubble an ugly rash or bumps. Now your probably saying buff away hair...yeah right!..But trust me i was skeptical at first but it WORKS!!...You should be able to find it along with the other hair removal products. Follow the instructions on the back and INSTANTLY you have smoothe hair free skin with no rash! and as a plus! its quick and easy.....I really hope that helps you!
    In general, I'm going to agree. I used the hair off mitton on my legs and cheeks and it worked quite well.

The only problem is the course, black hairs on my chin. Nothing gets rid of those puppies and even the hair off mitten leaves burn marks (because I'm rubbing and rubbing and rubbing). So for the chin hairs, I shave and pluck.
    -- Sara